JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So given the vast and gathering storm of mindless political support (something not seen since 1930's Germany) around the Obama administration and the fact that said administration is facing economic problems to stagger the mind, problems that in history always proceed increased crime and the state sponsored stripping of rights, I believe it's time for Northwestfirearms.com to make a move toward an organized, politically feasible response.

Utilize the 1000 member strong base to join forces with either OFF or whoever else we can conclude is the most staunch and unwavering supporter or 2A rights and get moving.

The NRA is compromised in a major way and it's past the era when it was enough to just send your 10 bucks and assume that they'd take care of it.

As I understand it, there has been some talk of integrating databases with other pro-gun forums and aligning with OFF.If this rough collective of pro-gun Northwesterners wishes to be anything more than a firearm related craigslist then I believe now is the time. As time my friends is of the essence when we speak of the 2A.

If the administration here wants to step up and lead the charge to meet OFF with (at the least) a set of emails of people who will participate, donate or otherwise contribute, great. If someone else has the gumption, great. As stated in earlier posts, my skills are available.

Who else? Because it's really only a matter of time before some instigating event occurs to rally the anti-gun crowd and the current admin to move against your rights.

I'm in. We should all take an "all of the above" aproach to our 2A rights. Don't think for one minute that your silence on these isues will save you from a gun grab if legislation is passed. They already know who you are.

Fact: A survey of felons revealed the following:

• 74% of felons agreed that "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime.

• 57% of felons polled agreed, "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."

• 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type.

Fact: Even in crimes where the offender possessed a gun during the commission
83% did not use or threaten to use the gun.

Fact: Less than 1% of firearms will ever be used in the commission of a crime.

Fact: Only 0.7% of convicts bought their firearms at gun shows. 39.2% obtained them from illegal street dealers.

Fact: Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds. Of these instances, 15.6% of the people using a firearm defensively stated that they "almost certainly" saved their lives by doing so.

Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives.

Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense.

Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers.

Fact: Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed.

Fact: For every accidental death, suicide, or homicide with a firearm, 10 lives are saved through defensive use.

Fact: When using guns in self-defense:
• 83% of robbery victims were not injured.
• 88% of assault victims were not hurt.
• 76% of all self-defense use of guns never involve firing a single shot.

Fact: After the implementation of Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the "breaking and entering" crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate.

Fact: "...most criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."

Fact: 11% of police shootings kill an innocent person - about 2% of shootings by citizens kill an innocent person.

Fact: Police have trouble keeping their own guns. Hundreds of firearms are missing from the FBI and 449 of them have been involved in crimes.

Fact: People who saw the helplessness of the L.A. Police Department during the 1992 King Riots or the looting and violence in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina know that citizens need guns to defend themselves.

For the complete book in PDF format go to http://www.gunfacts.info/

Just a thought, a flyer highlightling the most common myths about gun control might help open the eyes of people who think guns are evil.

their agenda is'nt driven by statistics it is driven by lust for power. I'm in and snail mail the N.R.A. to demand an email were you can contact them, if you go to their web site there is no way to contact then unless your giving them money by renewing they want the bucks and do not wish to hear your concerns.

Interesting that's why their information is valid and not sound. It's hard to take information as sound when you have no way of contacting the source, you could spend the time looking up all the resources. I think having an open way to communicate with the web site authors is a good way to build respect and validate their opinions.

Thanks for posting this aslinged, I agree 100%. I apologize for taking so long to reply to this, I've been very busy.

Part of the reason you haven't seen any organizing is because we've been so busy dealing with this growth. In 5.5 months we've grown faster than any organization of people I've ever seen, and to be honest I didn't plan for that and our server couldn't keep up. Between dealing with technical issues, preparing for the gun shows, and trying to maintain a positive image here I've been working an average of 11 hours per day on this site. I'm working hard to get things under control, but I can only really take care of one thing at a time. Now that our migration is complete that's one huge thing I can cross off the list (for now). Second, we just broke the 1000 member mark as we were preparing for the gun show this weekend.

The thousand member mark was very important because I wanted to wait until our member base was large enough before approaching any of the more established groups. I don't know for sure, but I assume many of these groups are approached often by fly-by-night groups who make big promises but don't deliver. I wanted to show them that we're serious about this and that we're not going anywhere.

This evening I had a great conversation with Sal Casuccio with OFF Membership Services. To summarize our conversation, I told him that I want him to know we're here and available for OFF's use however they need us. I'm hoping (and assume) they will take advantage of our offer. Once I have more time I assure you I will be working with other invididuals and organizations to ensure we're doing as much as we possibly can, and not just discussing it :s0155:

I have no idea what "OFF" is little help here please ???

Oregon Firearms Federation
oregonfirearms.org

Oregon's "No Compromise" firearm lobby. Kevin Starrett, the director, has been fighting for firearm rights (not privilege) in Oregon for 10 years or so. Search this web site and you will find many posts about OFF.

But... but... where???
"So given the vast and gathering storm of mindless political support (something not seen since 1930's Germany) around the Obama administration"

Such statements really turn me off and leave me uninterested in even listening to what else another person has to say from that point forward...and that is from someone that is on your side of the fence. Imagine what such statements do to reasonable and thoughtful people you are trying to win over.

"So given the vast and gathering storm of mindless political support (something not seen since 1930's Germany) around the Obama administration"

Such statements really turn me off and leave me uninterested in even listening to what else another person has to say from that point forward...and that is from someone that is on your side of the fence. Imagine what such statements do to reasonable and thoughtful people you are trying to win over.

Ah, somehow I missed the reference before, skimming too fast.

So out of curiosity, and this isn't me defending the comparison (seeing as it wasn't my post and all), what would you compare it to if 2A rights were infringed on? Would the undesirable state of affairs in DC and Chicago be just effective? How would you express your displeasure with the new administration's track record?

Humor me, I get the general concept behind Godwin's Law and all... but it's interesting to see how others think.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top