JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend showed me a quarry in Alger off of highway 9. There was a sign at the gate that said "Gate could close at any time". There was one spot we went into that had some other people shooting, then there was a dump truck and we realized it was an active quarry. The driver didn't mind us there he just didn't want us shooting in his direction.

Unfortunately there was a lot of litter there. There was even an old TV that was shot up. Stuff like that is probably why they're shutting down all the shooting spots.

Another friend said he goes out by Sultan River Rd, i guess there's some spots there.

I've also heard there used to be an organized yearly shootout somewhere.

If anyone knows any other good spots let us know.

If only that were true!! I'm amazed at how many places that would be perfect are covered in signs that say "No Target Shooting".

Maybe if those places that ARE used regularly weren't covered in trash there would be more places available?

I mean, how hard is it to police up your spent brass and clean up your trash??

:s0146:

Yep, thats the problem, everyone wants to go shooting and shoot stuff, nobody wants to take their trash out, Ive seen gravel pits covered with littler, very sad, someday they will ALL be shut down due to those people.

EXACTLY why everyone should try to pick up their trash at a minimum and, if there is room in your rig for more, haul out whatever else you can.

This is where having a NWFA window/bumper sticker would come in handy as you are hauling out the trash. :s0155:

Or bring dynamite or C4 and blow the trash to smithereens when ya leave.. I love the smell of freshly burnt propellants and explosives:drunk:

Blow it up til nothing is left but trees and dust.

When we used to shoot out past Enumclaw we always cleaned up. Can't shoot much out that way now. Makes me feel old and cranky.

I've gone up Sultan Basin road as well, If you follow it long enough you will pass all the areas marked no shooting. After awhile you will find a couple of spots on the left side of the road that backup to some good dirt backdrops that are safe to shoot at. I just park on the side of the road, and bring a couple of large trash bags with you. I try to pick up as much trash as I can when I first get there and when I'm done. For the first time in 4 years This last fall I had a run in with a LEO from Sultan and he was pretty cool, just wanted to make sure I was all legal and was shooting safely and picking up after myself. He said If I always carry a trash bag I would always be welcome :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top