JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I get that Bolus.....Like my brother, got to buy what ever comes out that's new and very expensive. Not necessarily that much better though.

Rainier arms does not manufacture anything (unless assembly counts as manufacture in some legal sense) The re-brand parts made by other quality folks. I by no means know all the details but Mega does produce at least the billet lowers and uppers branded Rainer, Both Wilson and Black-hole Weaponry manufacture barrels for them. D.Wilson I am pretty sure makes there bolt carriers and of course all the little bits are like charging handles, safety's and mag buttons are made by yet other folks. Everything branded Rainer is made by industry leaders, this is in no way meant to put down the practice and I own a fair amount of gear with the Rainer logo. However most of the time I would just prefer the folks who built it got credit.

I think the Rainer Arms lowers uppers and lowers are the only thing built for them that is proprietary and I actually prefer the Rainer Arms version to the Mega, but the Mega is still very skookum.
We had one come through the shop a few months ago; only reason I had heard of them. They are closely connected with Noveske. Not sure if it's a side company for some of the employees or some of them left Noveske to start their own company. They make an M-Lok NSR rail. They also take what looks pretty obvious to be Noveske parts and Skeletonize the bubblegum out of them to make them super light. As Bolus mentioned they use Carbon Fiber barrels that also cut hugely down on the weight. IMO the M-Lok NSR is a big deal and I wish they were putting more of them in to the market place. Part of the price tag is having a single gunsmith build the firearm or upper from start to finish.

Quote: IronMonster

Rainier arms does not manufacture anything (unless assembly counts as manufacture in some legal sense) The re-brand parts made by other quality folks. I by no means know all the details but Mega does produce at least the billet lowers and uppers branded Rainer, Both Wilson and Black-hole Weaponry manufacture barrels for them. D.Wilson I am pretty sure makes there bolt carriers and of course all the little bits are like charging handles, safety's and mag buttons are made by yet other folks. Everything branded Rainer is made by industry leaders, this is in no way meant to put down the practice and I own a fair amount of gear with the Rainer logo. However most of the time I would just prefer the folks who built it got credit.

I think the Rainer Arms lowers uppers and lowers are the only thing built for them that is proprietary and I actually prefer the Rainer Arms version to the Mega, but the Mega is still very skookum.

I agree. I have a Mega Maten AR10 carbine and love it. IronMonster, how long have you lived in the area? I ask because I have been around the area since grade school. In the late 80's to early 90's, for just a few 5 or 6 years. There was a gun manufacturer in Auburn that made a mean carbine and pistol designed by a former LEO.It was called the D-Max.

The one I have is chambered in 10mm. They made 9mm, .40S&W, 10mm, and .45acp. Here are some images of the pistol version. The carbine is a pretty rare item but try and find a pistol without giving up your first born.

Not that long. I moved to the Seattle area in 2001 and have had a shop in Auburn since 2004

That is a cool piece, I have never seen one before.

Seekins Precision, Lewiston ID
Bigfoot Gun Belts, Haden ID
Alien Gear Holsters, Hayden ID

Seekins and Bigfoot are top drawer products I use. I have a Crossbreed, not an Alien but they are similar and good.

Last Edited:
Buehler Custom Sporting Arms in Medford. I know I cant afford any of these
http://www.customsportingarms.com/home.html

It's all a matter of priority right? Do you want to eat and have a roof over your head? Or do you want a really really nice rifle that you wouldn't take hunting for fear you might scratch it? :D

If I had more money than I knew what to do with, rifles like that would be one of the things I would buy.

Tactical Tailor bought GGG a little while ago, so while they have a separate retail shop, it's the same company now. TT also makes bags and gear for other companies, some are pretty big names.

Like Rainier, GGG doesnt build manufacture their own guns. I believe they use Mega.
Tactical Tailor doesn't own GGG. It's a common misconception.
GGG started as an outlet for Tactical Tailor. They are a separate company. That's per the owner of the Auburn location.
I wasn't aware Rainier didn't build their own rifles. That's too bad.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Tactical Tailor doesn't own GGG. It's a common misconception.
GGG started as an outlet for Tactical Tailor. They are a separate company. That's per the owner of the Auburn location.
I wasn't aware Rainier didn't build their own rifles. That's too bad.

I believe GGG is still ran as a separate entity, but they are under the TT umbrella as of about a year or 2 ago. The mid to higher end GGG stuff is made at TT, the low end stuff is made overseas.
I was told at some point the rhyme/reason why some product has the GGG vs TT name, but don't remember anymore.
Their Firearm/ammo venture is under the GGG name, with the firearms made at Mega and the ammo made at TT on 2 Dillon 1050s.

Apparently making or dealing firearms in the Northwest increases the price of things at least threefold. With the exception of Aero Precision, all those other websites led me to makers/dealers who seem to cater to folks with more money than sense.

And on the down side, Aero Precision seems to be sold out of almost everything.

Leopold optics beaverton
Warne mounting systems Tualatin
Kershaw Tualatin
CRKT corp. Tualatin
Benchmade Oregon city
Gerber Corp. Tigard
Kimber started in Clackamas, now all that remains of them here is Warne.
Crimson Trace Wilsonville
Flir Wilsonville
Uncle Mikes...still in oregon I think

Not all guns, but companies that compliment them!

GrovTec - Portland, OR
http://www.grovtec.com/

Leatherman - Portland, OR
http://www.leatherman.com/

Coast - Portland, OR
https://coastportland.com/

Buck Knives - Post Falls, ID
http://www.buckknives.com/

Nosler - Bend, OR
http://www.nosler.com/

You couldn't give anything from Oly Arms.
I'm guessing you left out the "me"
I have talked to many a soldier returned from the sand box that took their Oly Arms over there a few tours.
I'm not a fan but they have been ME proven

Beyer's Barrels from Forks. Clint makes a excellent 10/22-charger,AR15 22lr ,77/22 barrels. Accuracy is phenomenal.
I've done 1 hole groups at 40yds with 5 different brands of 22lr. Even the cheapo Remington crap
http://beyerbarrels.com/

Yes I left out "me". I am going on there history as a company. Back when they were "SGW" there quality sucked. That was back in the 90's. I have not looked at anything from them since.

Yes I left out "me". I am going on there history as a company. Back when they were "SGW" there quality sucked. That was back in the 90's. I have not looked at anything from them since.
Have you ever been to their shop? Well it's a machine shop not a beautiful sales floor. But that was a number of years ago.It did leave some questions in my mind,lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top