Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NW GUN GUY...BUMPING ADD

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Dallas Ken, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Seems to me that there is a lot of conversation on this latest add in the Handguns For Sale posting by NW that keeps bumping his add back to the top.
    Comments should be posted in the COMMENTS SECTION.
    Just my opinion again.

2. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Seems like the bigger issue is he is listing for sale something he doesn't even have.

3. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Man NW GUN GUY can't catch a break. seems like someone new is going after him each week :bluelaugh:.

Well i've seen his ads and if someone asked him a question via a posting he has the right to reply via a posting even though it's short of the 7 day bump rule. I guess he should just edit the original post to reflex the answer but no one bothers to revisit the first posting. Most people, myself included, forget to edit and just reply. This causes the ad to jump back to the top outside of the 7 days. It's not breaking any forum rules so...

I am not trying crap on your point or anything. I am just saying this is how i see it.

4. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

"It's not breaking any forum rules so..."

try this one

4. No member of the community can use the website to promote his/her commercial activities/products/services without a Supporting Vendor membership.

5. Dallas Ken

It's ............"All In The Eyes Of The Beholder".............Have a good day Gent's

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

and the point would be?

7. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I think this follows the NT ruleset. 'That which is not expressly denied is allowed'. Meaning that he isn't bumping, he is addressing direct questions. If you want to have the rules changed so that the original post must be edited to fit within the bump-rule time frame then I'm certain the mods would listen.

8. Dallas Ken

Oh no, certainly not interested in changing any rules.....not a big deal just expressing an opinion on it.
    Thanks for all the feedback and opinions, which I respect.
    Have a great evening.....

9. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Bumping ADD? Isn't that what Ritalin is for?

10. pokerace

4. No member of the community can use the website to promote his/her commercial activities/products/services without a Supporting Vendor membership.

We use the funds from paying vendors and advertisers to keep this site running. As they're kind enough to help support the community, the least we can do in exchange is assure them their competitors are not getting the same benefits and the right to compete without cost. This includes non-business members repeatedly using the classifieds to turn a profit (for example, buying cheap ammunition at Wal-Mart then reselling here at higher prices). If you're interested in selling or advertising please use our contact us link at the bottom of the page.

11. deadeye

And that would be why he has a supporting vendor subscription.

12. GunNoob

GunNoob In the Valley Member

Why dont you make sale posts view only so the people can just reply via PM.. and make it repeat only one week and they can repost it if it doesnt sell

13. pokerace

and just where is he listed I couldn't find him??

14. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

This is a dead issue and will never be fixed................. This has been dedated for the last year and tthe bumpssssssssssssssssssss keep coming and more often. Then friends bumping ads.......

Ohhhhh I wish I had the money, I use to have one of those and regret selling it. Nice gun, and the best one gun sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who gives a crap........... Just get used to looking at closed ads.............

civilian75 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. deadeye

If you look at his listed memberships on the left of every post he makes youll find that he is a supporting vendor. The supporting vendor tag looks just like the five tags under my name on the left, if you became a supporting member you would have a tag also.

16. deadeye

There is new software in the works for the classifieds issues.

no time, GunNoob, nforest and 3 others like this.
  17. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

So....Is this gun still for sale? PM me. LOL

18. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Yes it is. It is a custom Glock for $1233 dollars............... Bump and pm sent

19. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

bump

20. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Please report these off topic posts in ads and we will give out infractions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.