JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I drop off an M1A rifle to this shop over a year and a half ago now for a rebarrel. I keep checking up (maybe, every other month or so) on the status. and it was always the fault of COVID delaying the work and delaying the special tools he needed to purchase to do the job. I was very patient, and now it appears too patient. The business is closed and I have not idea how to recover my rifle. I'm out about $2600. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it now.... .

View attachment 1071356
PM sent

I drop off an M1A rifle to this shop over a year and a half ago now for a rebarrel. I keep checking up (maybe, every other month or so) on the status. and it was always the fault of COVID delaying the work and delaying the special tools he needed to purchase to do the job. I was very patient, and now it appears too patient. The business is closed and I have not idea how to recover my rifle. I'm out about $2600. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it now.... .

View attachment 1071356
This is the first I have heard of this. Your rifle is not stolen and available for you. Yes we closed and moved out of state but I have not received a single email phone call or message. I apologize for the misunderstanding but you are not out 2500 and we will get your rifle back to you asap. I sent you a private message with other ways to contact me asap so we can get this resolved immediately.

This is the first I have heard of this. Your rifle is not stolen and available for you. Yes we closed and moved out of state but I have not received a single email phone call or message. I apologize for the misunderstanding but you are not out 2500 and we will get your rifle back to you asap. I sent you a private message with other ways to contact me asap so we can get this resolved immediately.
So you moved out of state and took a customers gun with you?

It didn't occur to you to contact him and let him know?

How does you bound book reflect this with you new FFL?

I'm glad he's getting his gun back, but this is a back-asswards way of doing it.

Something is amiss, I'd like to know the whole story, especially since I'll be moving to the Kalispell area and like to know who to do business with.

So you moved out of state and took a customers gun with you?

It didn't occur to you to contact him and let him know?

How does you bound book reflect this with you new FFL?

I'm glad he's getting his gun back, but this is a back-asswards way of doing it.

Something is amiss, I'd like to know the whole story, especially since I'll be moving to the Kalispell area and like to know who to do business with.
He was aware I was moving out of state and the arrangements with his rifle as was everyone who's guns I still had and returned. There was no secrecy especially when it comes to someone's firearms. His gun actually never left Portland.

He was aware I was moving out of state and the arrangements with his rifle as was everyone who's guns I still had and returned. There was no secrecy especially when it comes to someone's firearms. His gun actually never left Portland.
More lies...

- You never contacted me, ever...
- The gun never actually left Portland, B.S. It is currently located it in Estacada OR, Wasn't your business located in Vancouver WA? When was it ever in Portland? So it is not even in the same state from where this saga started.
- The gunsmith that has it now has been trying to get the info on this gun from you for months.

Man up...

More lies...

- You never contacted me, ever...
- The gun never actually left Portland, B.S. It is currently located it in Estacada OR, Wasn't your business located in Vancouver WA? When was it ever in Portland? So it is not even in the same state from where this saga started.
- The gunsmith that has it now has been trying to get the info on this gun from you for months.

Man up...
Ok sorry, splitting hairs, the Portland metro area. I'm sorry you feel this way but things are not what you are saying, not even close. I am glad you got in contact with Tim and realized your gun was never stolen and you can work with him and wish you nothing but the best 🙂

Certainly feel like we got sucked into a situation that wasn't quite what it was originally made out to be.
Looks more to me like it took this forum to get a response. How does a firearm you dropped off in one state to get worked on end up in another state and the FFL there doesn't whose it is?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads