JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wearing your helmet around the house isn't going to do much for you. Without having 1.25-1.5lbs hanging off the front of the helmet you won't learn to much about your helmet and your neck. Also, don't forget the counterweight off the back. Ballistic is just extra weight on your neck. Unless you get this stuff dialed in proper you will get headaches and neck fatigue quickly and decide it's not for you. Again I would suggest reading more and spend money on a good helmet.

TapRackNGo, you're right on that one. Night vision goggles can give pretty serious additional weight, in this case to the front of the head. Anyway, I've tried dozens of them, cause my uncle is an owner of gear shop, and choosing from these ( url: Night Vision Goggles - AGM Globalvision : Dexterity and Independence for Every Mission ), night vision goggles, I would definitely prefer to use AGM NVG-40 3AL1 model, cause that is a best choice of price and quality ratio.

Last Edited:
Lots of great points in this thread. Really a wealth of knowledge. My helmet can always be upgraded later, but currently "it works" though I will be the first to admit it obviouspy could be improved. In terms of a weight perspective on the head. When I played football, the football helmet was just something to get used to, I don't remember the weight exactly, but google says they can range between 4 and 6 pounds. Figure I'll just wear it around the house for several hours at a time. Will work out my neck and figure out how to adjust the helmet accordingly as needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top