JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to start hunting some nutria for sport, marksmanship and to help the environment. Anyone have advice on spots, legality etc? Or any one willing to have me tag along and show me the ropes? I have a .223 rifle and a .22 rifle, and a willingness to hike and ruck. Thanks.

Right there in Milwaukee.
Tons of the suckers.
In town though so no shooting them, the baby seal route would probably freak people out though.

Up hwy 30 around Clatskanie and the waterways by the river used to have a bunch that we'd shoot.

A hunting licence is all you need.
Same for pigs and other pests.

Check out Sauvie Island.

I used to trap them out there (private property at the time, now managed by ODFW) as they would burrow out the water control system for our seasonal duck/goose hunting lake.

Shooting them is the easy part.
Getting rid of 20 or so at a time can be a PITA.
Use a net and big treble hook to drag em in to dispose of.

Tried the burn pit for a couple and that's a party killer, may as well throw a tire on it.
Backhoe was the easiest way to dispose of them when the bed of the truck is loaded up.

We had them in the pond out back, seemed like they bred faster than you could shoot them.

I read an article in rimfire magazine about a bounty in Washington $8.00 each. but I haven't found any info to support it.

Right there in Milwaukee.
Tons of the suckers.
In town though so no shooting them, the baby seal route would probably freak people out though.

Up hwy 30 around Clatskanie and the waterways by the river used to have a bunch that we'd shoot.

A hunting licence is all you need.
Same for pigs and other pests.
I used to work across from that Hannah carwash factory and there would be a guy feeding those Nutria most every morning

I kill nutes like popcorn. Find a creek that meanders through agricultural land, ask the landowner for permission. An accurate .22 is sufficient but I prefer a 17HMR.

6D126AD7-FA4A-4611-9DEA-B6338C4963A8.jpeg

P

Why not find a recipe people in South America have Guinea Pigs skinned out in the freezer section ! The don't eat garbage so why not eat them I used to turn my nose up at squirrel and it is not half bad .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top