JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Boy, don't send these guys parts and expect a reasonable offer. I sent them winchester supergrade parts and barrels, floorplates, colt revolver parts, colt grips ,1911 parts ,and in excellent shape and many other parts. And they send a check for 132 bucks. 35.00 dollars to ship them. So I walk out with 100 bucks. Now I realize they have to sell the parts, and make a profit; but good god just the barrel and floorplate is more than 132 bucks. So maybe I'm wrong but there is a BIG profitt margin. Basically I gave them 500 bucks in parts. I'm not trying to bad mouth them, is this normal? Some one explain this to me.

:(

Oh man I wish I would have known! I would have purchased the parts from you.. For allot more than that!

I do buy allot of parts from Numrich every week. And have been told to never send them parts to sell. They pretty much give you scrap metal prices!

I'm kind of frustrated now, and don't know if I should send their check back, and get the parts back. Not sure if your interested in all the parts. If you are serious I'll get them shipped back and send you a detailed list with photos then you can make me an offer or we could meet in salem. Only thing is you have to take it all. Also I have a mint remington model 11 16 guage with 11 boxes of ammo and an entire large tote with wads and shot , and hulls with 16 shotgun press.

Not to make you feel any worse, but why didn't you just tell them "no" on their price and to send the parts back?

Yes, you'd be out shipping charges but that is all.

I believe you get your shipping charge reimbursed

" If the amount is not satisfactory, return our check within 45 days, and your parts will be returned to you along with payment for your original shipping costs."

I find that posting WTS adds / crossed referenced with a few gun boards is the best way to sell parts. It may take a bit of time occasionally to find the buyer who needs it but they always seem to come.

I'm kind of frustrated now, and don't know if I should send their check back, and get the parts back. Not sure if your interested in all the parts. If you are serious I'll get them shipped back and send you a detailed list with photos then you can make me an offer or we could meet in salem. Only thing is you have to take it all. Also I have a mint remington model 11 16 guage with 11 boxes of ammo and an entire large tote with wads and shot , and hulls with 16 shotgun press.

Let's tag @Velzey, just to be sure he sees your response. Good guy to do business with.

Boy, don't send these guys parts and expect a reasonable offer.
:(

You should have googled around a bit before dealing with Numrich. LOTS of people have had trouble with them for many years now. It's a pattern not an incident.

My long-time experience is they are a flock of arrogant jerks, with a highly inflated idea of their station. Everything else about them follows from that.

Thanks for all the input, I learned my lesson. I'm just gonna lick my wounds and move on. I did loose my butt, but I really don't want to sit on all those parts and list them. Sort of lost its luster for me .

I've sold a lot of gun parts on eBay and made way more money then I expected.
I had a learning curve on shipping charges, but once I figured those out, it's been good to me.

I would have to guess that they are like a car lot (electronic store, pawn shop, etc.).

Buy low - sell high.

Definitely, thank you for sharing your experience. Should help folks in the future.

The place to sell your parts is on Ebay, you will be dealing directly with the person who wants YOUR part and will pay for it.

Numrich is putting your parts in the bins, where they sit for the next ten years waiting for someone to send in an order.

I agree Numrich isn't paying a lot for parts, but they have to correctly identify the part, no matter what the seller tells them, inspect it for suitability, inventory it, shelve it, and wait for a buyer. All that before they get to make a nickel and pay the overhead.

I bought a lot a parts here awhile back, for example.
A few 1911 barrels
Colt SAA hammers
Misc 1911 parts

Barrel lugs were worn, every Colt hammer had a chip out of the cocking notch. Barrel bushings had all been used and on size or bigger. Sears and disconnecters all used.
The fellow went to Numrich and priced everything then tried to sell it all to me. I had to look thru it carefully and say look, this is junk.
He still wanted their posted prices.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads