JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most states have a wildlife department made up of hunters.Oregon has one made up of environmentalists.that could care more about a snail, or spotted bird than people who enjoy the hunting sport.
They do nothing to enhance the sport. Ever year we lose more land available to the hunter, and the price for hunting and fishing keep going up.They (the Oregon Department of Very little fish, and NO Wildlife) announced last year they would no longer spend money to enhance Oregon's warm water fisheries.

Arrogant bunch! Actually they never have anyway.

I live in SW Oregon (Douglas county) We have lots of BLM land closed to us hunters, because the large timber holders lock gates that lead to BLM or other public land.This should NOT be allowed, but they have the money to lobby.

Just last year we lost thousands of acres of BLM near Sutherlin, when Roseburg Forest products locked off roads leading to those areas in the Hinkle Creek unit, and Marvin hill area.Those are just a couple that I know of. I'm sure there have been many more. In my opinion, no one should be allowed to close roads leading to OUR land.

I know there are many other reasons for declining numbers of hunters and fishermen, but Ridiculous fees and poor management of our resources by the ones paid (very well) to so, is a big part of the problem.

I noticed that last year...came down the sutherlin main line from CG, tried to get to the top of Scott on Hinkle creek and it was closed! I grew up in Sutherlin(class of 1990) and that was ALWAYS open. We were pretty pissed. Gassy creek was still open though.

I wonder if the Hinkle creek closure has something to do with this: Inquiry at Hinkle Creek - YouTube

I don't think so! The fish studies have been going on there for quite a number of years. The area closed at Marvin hill is mostly Roseburg Forest Products land. and has no such studies going on.If you look at a map of that area you will see a lot of BLM scattered in the units.If they and other companies are allowed to continue this practice, we will only have the state and federal land open for most hunters.Same problem with a large area controlled by Weirhauser, that borders the eastern side of Hinkle Creek to Rock Creek. They do still open for general Deer season, and Elk, but are close to Bear, Cougar and other game when those seasons close, and also contain areas of BLM that should remain open for public hunting.

When they close and lock the only entrance to them, the BLM areas become useless for public use.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top