JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Come on!!! Like Bend, any city on 395 is Central Oregon. You can tell a Portlander because everything east of MT Hood is called Eastern Oregon. Drives me nuts!!! Come to the real Eastern Oregon.

Ya, I figured one of you EEEZTUURN! Oregon purists would give me crap. Lakeview is 2 hours east of Klamath Falls. It's east of Bend and Prineville. Not quite as east as Burns. But I consider it Eastern more because of the temperament of the local people than its location on the longitudinal grid line.

And it's closer to Idaho than the coast. So SUCK it
:D ;)

Last Edited:
Officers: Confrontation at bank leads to arrests, seizure of guns near Portland police station

5c2531033dea9.image.jpg

Yes sir! Was -30F once during the winter of 2016! Last winter was a total flop though. Honestly the dry air makes the cold less brutal. 30 here feels like 45 on the west side.

But -30 is just cold as balls!

I like that area. But it has drawbacks also, like anywhere. Yes it gets darn cold. I've spent a lot of time outdoors there in the winter and fall. I know several ranchers in Beatty and Bly area. To be honest there is a lot of petty theft crime in that area imo but it's really spread out. Maybe it's different in lake view area though. I know in some areas God help u if you park your vehicle on the wrong piece of land. I had permission to park on a friend's property and accidentally parked on the wrong side of the fence. I almost started World War III. I have seen ranchers build three completely separate access roads, side by side, with a fence between each. They each go to exactly the same place. No gates and wide open on each end. If u visit and take the wrong road of the three, u are in trouble.

As u get toward chiloquin it gets really crazy. I've seen overturned trailers in sprague river area and some ranchers I know will say poeple will steal anything not nailed down. U can buy an acre for $500 bucks or whatever and the rolling meth labs are pretty crazy. I've seen several old houses and trailers completely stripped for the copper wiring. I'm not exaggerating or kidding on any of the above. All I witnessed personally, not second hand. It is a different world down there. But man I sure love the eagles, sand hill cranes, nature, hunting/fishing and the buttes.

Last Edited:
I was just looking at an app that shows local crime over the last week and was surprised how much crime there was.

There was a fellow saying in another thread that statistically it's unlikely poeple would need to carry a gun. But this one area alone in Portland had four reported shootings in the last week. Maybe this is one of the worst areas but still it's a lot. Portland is getting flat out dangerous imo.

View attachment 530778
Mostly all happening in the "bad" part of Portland, the East Side where, according to our "authorities", most of the minority population, and heavy drug users and dealers, live.

I was just looking at an app that shows local crime over the last week and was surprised how much crime there was.

There was a fellow saying in another thread that statistically it's unlikely poeple would need to carry a gun. But this one area alone in Portland had four reported shootings in the last week. Maybe this is one of the worst areas but still it's a lot. Portland is getting flat out dangerous imo.

View attachment 530778
Portland is slowly but surely turning into little Chicago.
The police are ham-strung in what they can and cannot do with gangsters and the gangsters know it.
When they can catch the people who are doing the crime, they arest them but the lawyers get them out on bail in 24 hours, sometimes less. The citizens don't want to pay for a decent jail, so many get released back into the community if a judge does not consider them a threat, but sometimes a bad one gets released anyway. I moved out of Multnomah county in 1985 and now I want to get out of Washington county as well. It is getting just as bad. Too many bleeding hearts and not enough hard nosed judges.
:(

violent crime is actually at about a 45 year low, at least for Oregon as a whole. Don't let the fear mongering get to you.

Oregon Crime Rates 1960 - 2015

edit - in fact, nearly every category in 1986 has double the amount of offenses per 100k residents.
Personally I don't think state-wide crime stats are very relevant to the more prevalent crime in Portland. Portland is becoming much more dense. More criminals are becoming visible in day to day life. It's is a huge change from even 5 years ago. Even just average driving puts u in touch with road rage and crazy stuff that simply were not here before.

I'm still worried about my stuff getting stolen when in Portland.
I sold a used camera to a guy last year or so who was totally heartbroken because he travelled all over south, central, North America and he got to Portland and someone cut his camera strap on the bus and took his camera. He got a screaming deal on the camera but that doesn't replace the lost documentary images nor get rid of that awful feeling in his stomach.

All those cities he was fine but public transit in Portland is where he ran personally into crime. I pay attention to what I see, hear, and experience personally and from those I trust, not stats. Stats don't mean Jack when u know ur family is likely to run into crime in certain neighborhoods etc. One has to have the means to protect yourself and the ones u love imo. Hopefully we will never need to protect them but this trend of greater and greater density and much more crime/criminals is getting pretty scary.

Last Edited:
The citizens don't want to pay for a decent jail, so many get released back into the community if a judge does not consider them a threat, but sometimes a bad one gets released anyway. I

Oh, Ooohhh, OHHHHH.....For living so close to the hell hole potland is, you don't know much! Respectfully of course.

Sale of long-unused Wapato Jail in N. Portland finalized for $5 million

Educate yourself. Respectfully, of course! :D

violent crime is actually at about a 45 year low, at least for Oregon as a whole. Don't let the fear mongering get to you.

Oregon Crime Rates 1960 - 2015

edit - in fact, nearly every category in 1986 has double the amount of offenses per 100k residents.

The REAL crime in potland is the way the city continues to jamb 1000s more people in, on top of each other, without modifying the roads to handle all the extra traffic. That's a crime to those that must drive in this city.

Actually they r systematically making it harder on traffic. On purpose. Look at se glisan st near Fred Meyer on 67th. It used to be 4 lanes and now it is 2 lanes with a center turn lane that is two lanes wide. I'm not joking about that.

Now they are doing the same to foster. Also they did it to stark at 82nd, division st, and many other places. There is a strong political contingent in the planning department that says "if we make it harder to drive more people will take the bus" it's ridiculously stupid. All it does is increase road rage and commute times.

It makes no sense that as we ad d more traffic we systematically reduce the major arteries from 4 lanes to 2. It's just stupidity by planning poeple that are out of touch and want everyone to ride bicycles in the rain to work like they do.

Glisan main artery in 2018, 2 lanes plus a turn lane that is two lanes wide.
glisan now.JPG

Same spot in 2013 when it had 4 lanes plus a turn lane. Guess which one has better traffic flow. This is repeated on many of the major arteries.
glisan.JPG

Last Edited:
Depending on who's doing the spinning, statistics can be tailor-fit to say anything the statisticians want to prove. Ask the right group of people, and a survey could say the majority of folks questioned approve of people crapping on the sidewalks in Portland. Bottom line...If you think Portland is wonderful, believe what you want.

Depending on who's doing the spinning, statistics can be tailor-fit to say anything the statisticians want to prove. Ask the right group of people, and a survey could say the majority of folks questioned approve of people crapping on the sidewalks in Portland. Bottom line...If you think Portland is wonderful, believe what you want.

Thats the nice thing about the link I posted, there is no spinning, just quantifiable totals of crimes and crimes per capita. Whether or not someone likes Portland, or feels safe is just an opinion.

I would much rather live in the Oregon today as opposed to 30 years ago, speaking in terms of my safety.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top