JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you live there 30 years ago? I did and I think it has changed for the worse.

I spent a significant amount of time in 1991 in Portland, often down town.
It was a sh!thole then, but was not near as dangerous. People often kept to themselves,
and didn't draw attention to their criminal activity. Now the criminals tell the cops FU, and the Public FU.
Your in their way, thats your bad. Last time I saw a place like Portland today was in the SanJose Latina Gangs in the
1970's, but even then it was all about intimidation, and selling. I lived right smack in the middle of Gang territory and the leader lived about a block down the road. I felt safer then, then I do now going into Portland. If I go there I do so with a backup and extra
mags and speedloaders.

I spent a significant amount of time in 1991 in Portland, often down town.
It was a sh!thole then, but was not near as dangerous. People often kept to themselves,
and didn't draw attention to their criminal activity. Now the criminals tell the cops FU, and the Public FU.
Your in their way, thats your bad. Last time I saw a place like Portland today was in the SanJose Latina Gangs in the
1970's, but even then it was all about intimidation, and selling. I lived right smack in the middle of Gang territory and the leader lived about a block down the road. I felt safer then, then I do now going into Portland. If I go there I do so with a backup and extra
mags and speedloaders.

Re attitude of crims, I agree with that. I saw a homeless guy last week walking on the sidewalk and yelling out "you son of a $&@! I'll kill u!" But there was no one there. Just kept walking and yelling to no one in particular.

I'm no expert on homeless but it seems to me most r homeless because they can't function in regular society where u have to deal with poeple. They are "anti-social" in other words. That just doesn't fit in well with a society where poeple that have to get along with each other (at least at some basic level).

Maybe we need an "anti-social zone" that they can occupy and not have conflicts with poeple that can function in regular society. That would reduce crime and police calls by probably 90% immediately.

It would remove the fundamental conflict of having anti-social poeple interacting with a society that has rules for behavior. The poeple operating on their own anti-social rules would no longer be stealing from, threatening, or otherwise interacting with regular society.

They're always busy, but getting nothing done really.

A meth head will be up at all hours through the night. If you have a meth head neighbor you'll know there's a meth problem by all the unfinished projects laying around. I'm not talking some of us gun guys projects all over the house/garage. :D The meth head will have mostly garbage stuff that gets constantly moved around the house and yard late at night.

Could be talking in circles, changing topics and not remembering where they were in a conversation, even when reminded.

They tend to have a gaunt look. Slightly sunken cheeks, and odd skin tone. With heavy continued use there will be blotches and sores on the face.

Sunken eyes with heavy continued use.

That's all i can thing of now.
Always acting nervous, jerky quick movements, glancing around quickly all the time, stands out in the normal crowd for that behavior.

Re attitude of crims, I agree with that. I saw a homeless guy last week walking on the sidewalk and yelling out "you son of a $&@! I'll kill u!" But there was no one there. Just kept walking and yelling to no one in particular.

I'm no expert on homeless but it seems to me most r homeless because they can't function in regular society where u have to deal with poeple. They are "anti-social" in other words. That just doesn't fit in well with a society where poeple that have to get along with each other (at least at some basic level).

Maybe we need an "anti-social zone" that they can occupy and not have conflicts with poeple that can function in regular society. That would reduce crime and police calls by probably 90% immediately.

It would remove the fundamental conflict of having anti-social poeple interacting with a society that has rules for behavior. The poeple operating on their own anti-social rules would no longer be stealing from, threatening, or otherwise interacting with regular society.
Hundreds of these mentally ill were dumped on the streets when the state mental hospital closed. They don't receive any treatment for their illness.

That's an interesting thing to say, do you have a reference for stabbings being easy to 'handle'? The statistic I've seen is that you're more likely to die from a stabbing than being shot, but reporting bias might affect that if true.

Well what is a stabbing? Someone intentionally cuts you. From a slice on your pinkie to a Columbian Neck Tie. Everything in between is a stabbing. Not everyone is going to the authorities if they are involved in something stupid, but even if you are shot in the toe your options are limited.

3 people injured in Portland-area stabbing

Man faces charges in Maywood Park triple stabbings

JGYJ7VNKUJHDNOU2EJCHAIANNY.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show