JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This Japan situation has got me thinking about nuclear power. What will happen to the 104 U.S. nuclear power plants in a bad SHTF situation?

I assume the military will be deployed to protect them. Will they be able to keep them operational and safe?

How far away would be safe from a meltdown?

The radioactive cloud from Japan has been circling the globe already.
Answer?................Can't think of a safe place.

And by the way, what makes us so sure that the reactors along the San Andreas fault line in CA. won't over-react the way Japans did?

Stay safe all,
Will

This Japan situation has got me thinking about nuclear power. What will happen to the 104 U.S. nuclear power plants in a bad SHTF situation?

I assume the military will be deployed to protect them. Will they be able to keep them operational and safe?

The Military will not need to be deployed to protect the plants. They are already well protected. The Department of Energy has an excellent paramilitary force already deployed on every site and many mobile units used for security of fuel shipments.

there is enough crap at hanford to steralize the earth several times over. dont ever let any body tell you different. they have been burning it at an alarming rate, but even in high temp incinerators there is crap getting into the atsmophere. i used to know lots of people who lived in the hanford area, as kids guess what? they are all dead now. cancer, lukiama, sids the list goes on and on

See for yourself at KIDDofSPEED - GHOST TOWN - Chernobyl Pictures - Kidofspeed - Elena
scroll to the bottom & click on Chapter One
Other than the Pyramids which don't look very serviceable I haven't seen people yet build anything I would store radioactive waste in for the next 30,000 or so years.

The Military will not need to be deployed to protect the plants. They are already well protected. The Department of Energy has an excellent paramilitary force already deployed on every site and many mobile units used for security of fuel shipments.

That is good to know. Still, I think that in a full-scale TEOTWAWKI situation it would take a company sized element to fully secure these sites.

I read an article a couple weeks ago assessing the potential for a similar event here. Under the same circumstances as Japan, California seemed to be the only place where collateral damage, and catastrophic human loss would occur. The geniuses down there built 3 of them on active fault lines.

Begin transmission-----
nuclear power is safe, there is no cause for alarm.
The fda has just found out that humans can handle more
Radiation then they thought so even though right now,
What is going on in japan is listed as being dangerous,
The fda just raised the threshold danger level of the
amount of radiation a human can take before it is considered dangerous
To a higher level meaning that japan is not dangerous anymore.

// Insert commercial here//
The united states government helping to protect you from truth and your self for 200 years

//transmit
So don't worry the government is watching the situation and is making the necessary changes for your benefit and protection.

// end transmission

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top