JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In a statement released to the press, the National Rifle Association says it's shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown." The organization plans to hold a news conference on Friday to address the gun-related issues.

Here's the statement, the first since the mass shooting in Connecticut:

"National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21."

Some time for the families to mourn as it should be.

Not sure How it will all end up. My friend Owns a gunshop and buisness is booming for him. I am glad I cast my own bullets. Think I might need some more primers and powder though. As long as folks dont freak out and clear the shelves.

Never fear the NRA will not back off on gun rights! They are by far the largest supporter of the second amendment and thats their bread and butter.

The problem is that out of over 80 million or more gun owners only a tiny % step up to support one of the pro-gun groups, like the NRA, GOA or the Second Amend foundation. Thats pretty sad, in my opinion.

Unlike the politicians, at least the NRA had the decency to give the families time to mourn before digging in to what is surely going to be a fight for 2nd amendment rights.

While I am strong believer in the freedom of the press and its right report the facts.

I was sickened when I saw that the media could not wait to to post the photo's of children who had been murdered by a kook, I personally am appauld by this, give the families time to deal with it, time to mourne, the disgusting vultures in the media should give the families some privace and if the families want to come forward and release the pictures or tell their story a few afterwards then let them do so. But for God's sake give them a break.

Also, why is it that the anti-gun kooks are allowed to make death threats against NRA members and where is the logic and rationale thinking here.

they anti-gun because the gun can kill so they are going to threaten to kill nra members and gun owners, these are the kind of kooks that commit these kinds of heineous crimes not your everyday gun owner.

we respect guns and have them hunting, self defense, defense of our families and our nation not to threaten & intimidate those we do not agree with.

I will be paying very close attention to this press conference. I'll see how it goes and decide then to renounce my membership or not.

So will I, the NRA really pzzed me off last summer when they sent out those defense videos and then started demanding I pay for it or return it.

I reminded them of federal that says anything that is sent to you that you do not request is your free of charge, they have since back pedaled and few people I know have not renewed their membership because of that, I have not decided if I will or not and if may wait a year or two, to renew my membership.

When an organization pizzes me off I usually hit them where it hurts the most and that is the pocket book

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top