JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I promise that if the NRA gets Eric Holder to resign (he will never be "fired" because that would admit fault by the Obama administation before a re-election) I will become a lifetime NRA member.

Meanwhile, I won't hold my breath.

Dave Workman for examiner.com has probably caused more political stirring and infomation gathering on Operation Gunrunner/Fast and Furious than the NRA has...

(no offense, Dave)

As Charles W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director said in the Sept, 2010 issue of America's 1st Freedom magazine "There are always those who spend their time criticizing NRA rather than making a positive difference for the Second Amendment. Every move we make is attacked by anti-gun politicians, the biased media and, of course, all of the gun-ban lobby groups. And there have always been smaller pro-gun groups whose fundraising depends on criticizing NRA. While the explosion of blogs and the Internet forums in recent years has allowed more communication among gun owners, it has also allowed more baseless rumor peddling and rock throwing to go unchecked. But not one of these critics comes close to the size, scope and resources of your NRA-- and neither do they hold the ultimate responsibility for the defense of the Second Amendments, as we do.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I signed it only because I'm already a member of the NRA and they already have my info. Having been a member for years and seeing them in action, it's my impression that this is an opportunity to get names/contact information for potential new members rather than act on the petition.
I joined as a life member years ago when it was pretty cheap but probably wouldn't join today given the choice, I've even considered ending my membership but haven't yet. There are other organizations that represent my 2A beliefs better, most notably SAF and JPFO.

Somebody has to something.
Throwing in with the NRA or SAF is the quickest and most direct way for Joe Average citizen to do that "something".
I bellyache about the NRA too, but on this deal they got my signature and a few bucks to boot.
If nothing else Sht Fer Brains Obama needs the message.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an NRA member and while I have had my differences with them on certain issues, I generally support them.

That being said, this is just another one of their typical drives to get more personal info (e-mail addresses and such) from current members and to also compile a list of gun owner non NRA members to hit up for more money. Call me cynical, but I bet ANYONE who signs this petition will very shortly get hit up with another letter or e-mail declaring the the sky is falling and pleading for money.

Call me cynical,
In this instance you are not.

but I bet ANYONE who signs this petition will very shortly get hit up with another letter or e-mail declaring the the sky is falling and pleading for money.

I expect nothing less, at the same time I am hoping some good can be done too. Call me optimistic?

Call me optimistic?

Fairly said. I'm just an old fart who has seen this scenario from the NRA too many times before.

Obama will NEVER fire Holder. If he did so, it would be admitting he made a mistake and his enormous ego couldn't handle that. At worst, he may end up pressuring Holder to resign to deflect blame from the administration.

don't you 2 get email notifications from them.... I received an email from them a few days ago about this...

I don't give them my e-mail info. that's how I keep that down. It's bad enough they send me stuff in the mail...
I also am an NRA member. I don't like everything they do, but at least they do something. They must, cuz you hear the Libs complaining about them! :s0155:

yes i get lots of email... so I can understand your need to minimize it... Yes NRA might not be all that anymore, but we need all the fighters we can get. Saying NRA doesn't support our cause is like saying a president has the same philosophy as you do. Is 75% of what they do good, then lets be happy for there fight, they sure can fight more than any of us as individuals can

BREAKING: NRA’s LaPierre demands Holder’s resignation

Echoing a speech he delivered when the National Rifle Association met in Pittsburg, PA earlier this year, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre today called for Attorney General Eric Holder to step down, be fired or face impeachment over his continued stonewalling on Operation Fast and Furious.

<broken link removed>

BREAKING: NRA's LaPierre demands Holder's resignation

Echoing a speech he delivered when the National Rifle Association met in Pittsburg, PA earlier this year, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre today called for Attorney General Eric Holder to step down, be fired or face impeachment over his continued stonewalling on Operation Fast and Furious.

<broken link removed>

If only it'll happen!! Not holding my breath though!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top