JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you are a gun owner and don't belong to the NRA you might as well just hand your guns over to Hillary or Bernie and get it done with. Seems to me that most gun owners that are too cheap to belong to the NRA are the same gun owners that are too apathetic to go out and vote for their gun rights. And so it goes.

$_35.JPG

$_35.JPG

This again?
They fight constitutional carry.
They push p4p.
They've insulted gun owners.
Ask nonstop for donations while sending "free" stuff. How much does that crap cost?
Where were they in WA or OR the last two years?
They've supported gun control.

I'll leave it here. Others will add to the list.

This again?
They push p4p.
Ask nonstop for donations while sending "free" stuff. How much does that crap cost?

You could always make a donation to this site:D

This again?
They push p4p.

No, they've done exactly what their charge is. They work first and foremost for the gun manufacturers. They didn't do squat in Washington, because the gun manufacturers knew the results of the vote would make it a burden to purchase a used gun, th easier thing to do is buy a new gun. Gun manufacterers make no profit when you or I buy from each other.

NRA-ILA
Anti-Gun Bill Rears its Ugly Head Before Oregon's 2016 Legislative Session Convenes
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2016

or-flag-4.jpg
More
On Friday, January 15, the Oregon Senate Judiciary Committee met during legislative days and introduced committee bills for the upcoming short session to convene on February 1st. As expected, anti-gun Senators introduced an egregious measure that is set to further restrict your right to Keep and Bear arms.

Temporarily assigned "LC 250," this legislation strips away a person's ability to purchase a firearm based solely on an allegation without affording due process of the law. An anonymous phone call or internet submission, alleging that a person is experiencing a "mental health emergency," will place a 30 day hold on all firearm purchases unless the accused petitions the court for relief. The accused will be saddled with the burden of proving their mental competency by "clear and convincing evidence."

LC 250 allows a wide array of persons to report, including health care providers, physicians, educators, principals and immediate family members. The legislation directs the Department of State Police to provide the accusers with more protections than the accused, which include:

• The accuser is to remain anonymous
  • The accuser is protected from civil liability for reports made in good faith
  • The accuser is only subject to criminal liability for knowingly making false reports
  • The accuser has no burden of proof or criteria to fulfill other than the accused is experiencing a mental health emergency and is a danger to themselves or others
LC 250 has no regard for the accused and their constitutional rights because:

• The accused may not be notified unless they attempt to purchase a firearm
  • May not be notified of who the accuser is
  • May not be notified when the purchase restriction is to expire
  • Is not subject to limits on how many times the hold may be renewed
  • If the accused proves their competency, they may not know whether they are subject to future reports
  • Places the burden on the accused to show by clear and convincing evidence they are not a "danger to themselves or others".
  • May require documentation from a mental health professional to help prove their competency
  • Requires the accused to pay all filing fees if they chose to petition for relief
LC 250 will not improve public safety, instead this is a direct assault on your rights. In some instances an accused may never know that their rights have been taken because no notice is required. As seen in 2015 with the passage of Senate Bill 941, anti-gun legislators have no regard for your Second Amendment rights and have their sights set on placing unreasonable burdens and restrictions on gun owners in any way possible.

As we approach the upcoming session in just a few short weeks it's imperative that your Senator hears from you. Please contact yourSenatorand politely urge him or her to strongly oppose LC 250 and any similar anti-gun legislation.

or-flag-4.jpg

DAILY ALERT FOR Thursday, January 21, 2016

ARIZONA REPUBLIC
Gun seized from El Chapo's hideout linked to 'Fast and Furious'
A .50-caliber weapon recovered from Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's hideout came from the ATF's botched Arizona case known as Operation Fast and Furious

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Gun control group submits petitions for Maine ballot measure

Maine election officials are verifying petitions for a ballot measure requiring criminal background checks for all private gun sales in the state.

NEW YORK TIMES
The Sundance Film Festival Trains Its Sights on the Gun Debate

Gun violence can be an awkward subject at the Sundance Film Festival. Over the years, the event has helped popularize — some would say glamorize — extreme gun imagery in movies; Quentin Tarantino was incubated and hatched here.But this year Sundance programmers, with deep commitment to freedom of expression, and their selected filmmakers seem to be taking a position that real guns, not the movie kind, ought to be more tightly policed.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
California bill would further restrict semi-automatics

The Senate bill announced Wednesday by Democrats Steve Glazer of Orinda and Isadore Hall of Compton joins similar legislation introduced last week in the Assembly.

TOPEKA CAPITAL-JOURNAL
Kansas Board of Regents approves gun policy allowing concealed weapons on campus in 2017

The Kansas Board of Regents on Wednesday approved a policy allowing anyone lawfully able to carry a concealed handgun to do so on public university campuses beginning next year.

THE HILL
NRA: Obama, Clinton want Australian-style gun confiscation

The National Rifle Association is tying President Obama and Hillary Clinton to Australia's gun buy-back program, arguing the two Democrats want to confiscate American guns.

or-flag-4.jpg
LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Anti-Gun Bill Rears its Ugly Head Before Oregon's 2016 Legislative Session Convenes
On Friday, January 15, the Oregon Senate Judiciary Committee met during legislative days and introduced committee bills for the upcoming short session to convene on February 1st.

wi-capitol-is000009221310.jpg
LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Multiple Anti-Gun Bills Introduced in the Wisconsin Assembly
Earlier this week, state Representative Lisa Subeck (D-Madison) released yet another legislative package of anti-gun bills that once again highlight the ignorance and arrogance of the individuals that will stop at nothing to attack the 2nd Amendment Rights of Wisconsin's law-abiding gun owners.

hunting-11.jpg
LEGAL & LEGISLATION HUNTING
Kansas: Protect the Right to Hunt and Fish
On January 26th, the House Committee on Federal and State Affairs will have a hearing to consider House Concurrent Resolution 5008.

me-map-1.jpg
LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Bloomberg Gun Control Initiative Receives the Required Signatures to Push Egregious Restrictions on Your Rights
Yesterday, January 19, anti-gun advocates collected the required number of signatures for the Bloomberg gun control initiative in the November general election.

or-flag-4.jpg

wi-capitol-is000009221310.jpg

hunting-11.jpg

me-map-1.jpg

I've been a life member for 20 years.. Never once received any of their free stuff..
Oh that's right I took the time to read and check the box that said don't send me that stuff:)

They will, however, continue to fight for you. Now, they are not perfect. They are not always looking out for what you think are your best interests are, but I'd hate to think where we'd be overall in this country without them. I expect we'd look a hell of a lot more like England or Australia.
So continue not to pay them, that's your right. But as shown here, a good amount of people will call you out on it...

I don't believe they really do enough to save gun rights and prevent guns laws.
Just like WA and OR BGC laws.
Old blueballs from NY stuck in 20 times the dollars that the NRA did to fight it.

All the do is send a million emails begging for more money. They are fear mongers that bilk hundreds of millions from poor fools like us just to half arsed fight gun laws.

If we stood together natiowide against these foolish laws we would make more traction.

I stopped giving them money after the BGC laws passed.

Life member for longer than I can remember, no constant barrage of emails or snail mail (simply made a call & told them to please stop) & send donations when I know they need it.
I do not care to think that they always pounce on every problem we encounter because it is OUR JOB to do what we can on a local level. Some are just too lazy, too complacent or just cannot fathom that they would support such a Gawd awful organization like the NRA.... go figure....
Go ahead and feed the politicians who hate and fear them.....

It is one thing to support of not support any organization you want. But when you attack a Pro Gun organization of any kind in public it publically supports the anti's goals.
Sorry if that offends folks but that is where its at.
There are many orgs that I would not support, but if they are pro 2nd then I will never disparage any of them publically. I have a dark view of people that do and question motives.
As for receiving spam, I get 250 up to 400 emails a day and most are unsolicited. I just delete and or ignore them. Funny but none of those unwanted ones are from the NRA.
I only get what I ask them to send me and things I do not want I request to not receive them and they are not sent. Before using computers sometimes you have to be smarter than they are. They only do what they are told :)

A lot of gun clubs/ranges that have CMP competitions require NRA membership to be members. Maybe Gun forums should look at something similar. 5 million NRA members, close to 100 million gun owners. Imagine the power to stop anti gun legislation with 100 million members.

Unity in this case equals victory. Gun grabber win because they all want the same eventual goal, no guns. Unless gun owners do the same, we will eventually lose. Open carry vs. concealed carry. Hunters vs. self defense. SASS guns vs. 3-gun shooters. These debates water down the effectiveness. There are only so many finger with which to plug the dike. Like it or not, the NRA likely has the best shot at that. Either we forget our petty bullbubblegum or we lose. It's as easy as that.

A lot of gun clubs/ranges that have CMP competitions require NRA membership to be members. Maybe Gun forums should look at something similar. 5 million NRA members, close to 100 million gun owners. Imagine the power to stop anti gun legislation with 100 million members.
I think if every gun owner were a member, that would speak for itself. I also am a GOA member.

I myself took advantage of the discounted NRA renewals this weekend. Upped my current 3 year membership and added another 5 to it. Not a bad investment IMHO. The NRA is far from perfect but I love it when the LIEbrals quake in their boots at the mere mention of the NRA. I cannot make them do that. I proudly display my NRA membership sticker on my Prius! Makes antis go nuts trying to figure that one out. Yes, yes, I have my redneck pickup too but a NRA sticker on a lefty Prius is an exquisite irony. Heck, I like their free stuff when you renew. Never turned down one of their freebies. It is cheap advertising for them and they write it off in taxes anyway. Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top