JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NRA Warns Members to 'Steer Clear' of Dallas Restaurant Supporting 'Reasonable' Gun Laws
The NRA put out a tweet to members urging them to "steer clear" of Ellen's restaurant because of the business's expressed support of "reasonable" gun regulations.
Ellen's made their support known via text printed at the bottom of their receipts:
NRA wa.jpg

The receipt was issued at the time that the NRA was holding their Annual Meetings in Dallas. The NRA responded by calling on its members to "steer clear" of Ellen's while in town:
NRA wa2.jpg

The backlash from NRA members and others in the pro-Second Amendment community was immediate, and Ellen's used a Facebook post to suggest they actually support the Second Amendment:

Early this morning, we began posting a message on the bottom of our receipts stating that Ellen's intends to donate a portion of our proceeds this week toward the efforts of finding common ground and compromise in the fight to eliminate needless gun violence, especially in our schools and against our dedicated police officers.

With a limited number of characters available for that message, we simplified it to say we support "reasonable and effective gun regulations" toward that end.

What was not expected was that those two words — reasonable and effective — would be misinterpreted as our support for gun control. The mistake was an honest one. The opposite is true.

We support the Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment, 100%. And like the NRA, we also support finding solutions to the senseless killings that happen much too frequently. We believe those two things are completely compatible.

They added, "No one wants children to die in their classrooms. No one wants police to be killed in the line of duty. The differences we have are in our approach. But we can fix it if we breathe, calm down, and listen to one another. As Americans, that's what we are supposed to do."

NRA Warns Members to 'Steer Clear' of Dallas Restaurant Supporting 'Reasonable' Gun Laws
The NRA put out a tweet to members urging them to "steer clear" of Ellen's restaurant because of the business's expressed support of "reasonable" gun regulations.
Ellen's made their support known via text printed at the bottom of their receipts:
View attachment 457991

The receipt was issued at the time that the NRA was holding their Annual Meetings in Dallas. The NRA responded by calling on its members to "steer clear" of Ellen's while in town:
View attachment 457992

The backlash from NRA members and others in the pro-Second Amendment community was immediate, and Ellen's used a Facebook post to suggest they actually support the Second Amendment:

Early this morning, we began posting a message on the bottom of our receipts stating that Ellen's intends to donate a portion of our proceeds this week toward the efforts of finding common ground and compromise in the fight to eliminate needless gun violence, especially in our schools and against our dedicated police officers.

With a limited number of characters available for that message, we simplified it to say we support "reasonable and effective gun regulations" toward that end.

What was not expected was that those two words — reasonable and effective — would be misinterpreted as our support for gun control. The mistake was an honest one. The opposite is true.

We support the Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment, 100%. And like the NRA, we also support finding solutions to the senseless killings that happen much too frequently. We believe those two things are completely compatible.

They added, "No one wants children to die in their classrooms. No one wants police to be killed in the line of duty. The differences we have are in our approach. But we can fix it if we breathe, calm down, and listen to one another. As Americans, that's what we are supposed to do."
If that were true they should have kept their yap shut.

It's actually UNSAT to go into a restaurant, order, consume the meal and get the bill only to find out you just supported something that your dead set against...

There should be a sign posted outside for this...

But we can fix it if we breathe, calm down, and listen to one another. As Americans, that's what we are supposed to do."

I get so tired of this typical BS... the breathing, calming down, and listening is what they think the opposition should do. Never gets applied to themselves. Now where did they get the idea that is what we, as Americans, are supposed to do??

(like id ever go to dallas anyway)
Dallas is ok... if you never leave the airport. I like riding around and around on the tram!!

It's actually UNSAT to go into a restaurant, order, consume the meal and get the bill only to find out you just supported something that your dead set against...

There should be a sign posted outside for this...
I agree. I had a sleeve wrapped around a cup of coffee from a place I have been patronizing for over 15 years
I don't actually know what it means but the symbolism just plain irritated me and won't go back.
My daughter tried to appease me by saying it was about "dating" not conservatism or guns. Didn't work I'm still miffed!.
jacket.jpg

I agree. I had a sleeve wrapped around a cup of coffee from a place I have been patronizing for over 15 years
I don't actually know what it means but the symbolism just plain irritated me and won't go back.
My daughter tried to appease me by saying it was about "dating" not conservatism or guns. Didn't work I'm still miffed!.
View attachment 458027
Me too, I started a rant thread about it.. city bus ad exactly like that.

Just Saw The Most Disgusting Anti-Gun TriMet Bus Ad

View attachment 458027
That site's always been Nasty Leftist... and just recently Outed all their members. I pulled the plug before that, though I was really there only for the quizzes anyway and was a "legacy" account from before they went political.

If I were looking, I'd probably have to go to Farmers Only even though I'm more "suburb."

I get so tired of this typical BS... the breathing, calming down, and listening is what they think the opposition should do. Never gets applied to themselves. Now where did they get the idea that is what we, as Americans, are supposed to do??

Dallas is ok... if you never leave the airport. I like riding around and around on the tram!!

The tram is kinda fun to ride around. I missed my stop and had to ride all the way around. :eek:
The big thing is to get out of Dallas. Plano and Frisco are great. I'm heading back this summer and I can't wait for some KC burnt ends.

The tram is kinda fun to ride around. I missed my stop and had to ride all the way around. :eek:
The big thing is to get out of Dallas. Plano and Frisco are great. I'm heading back this summer and I can't wait for some KC burnt ends.

The tram was kinda confusing my first time there.

KC burnt ends??? Chicken or ribs??

Sounds like a desperate back-pedal to me - they know exactly what message they intended to convey - and as soon as it bit them in the azz for their over-priced breakfast items. If people want to use their business to make political statements, be prepared for the consequences. Best if folks just leave politics out of their business.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top