JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was listening to Armed American Radio from Friday, 07/28/2017. Mark had a guest on that claims the NRA is intentionally stalling National Reciprocity efforts until August 2018 so they can fund raise and campaign on the issue.

If true - this makes my blood boil.:mad::mad::mad:

The analogy Mark used was the March of Dimes panicking when Polio was cured because they had no reason left to exist - they ultimately got behind birth defects and still exist today.

Here's a link to the podcast of the show:
2017-07-28 |

Anyone hear anything more on this topic?

How about a Cliff Notes for folks that don't want to listen to a 1 hour podcast. Who was the guest, and what proof was offered?

I did a google search on national reciprocity, and NRA is all over it.

One way to look at it is that if they don't get this through, at the time they are most likely able to pull it off (R majority in both houses + R president), then they won't pull it off if the D's take back the house or, more likely, the senate, in 2018. Fund raising could grind to a halt for them at that point if people had proof they stalled it when it could have been passed. That would be a dangerous gamble for them.

Another way to look at it is they could fund raise by saying "see, we got you reciprocity, send us more money!"

That's all if the story is even true - I'd like some proof of that before I draw any conclusion - and one person's theory isn't proof to me.

Last Edited:
IMO, reciprocity could backfire. I have not seen the bill, but I suppose that a state could pass a bill banning concealed carry altogether if they have to respect another state's permit/law.

I would much rather have the suppressor bill passed ASAP while Trump is still in office and not impeached.

I also would need to see more evidence both ways before deciding. I am not a NRA member. It also could just a good example of what happens when an institution loses its way and starts to fumble the ball internally trying to decide how to specifically proceed on a specific issue. Neither good or bad but just cumbersome? My read.

Respectfully.

The idea of reciprocity seems sane enough, but that would be one more law giveth or taketh away by the Federal Government. The argument against, so far, is because it would take that much more control away from individual states. We fought a war over states rights, once, and the feds won. They now own our every breath.

Remember, recently the revised federal form 4473 was changed to say, if you use "some" substances, although legal in your state, you cannot pass the federal background check.

I trusteth not, anything the feds put their hands on.

Last Edited:
I like the NRA, I do, but it seems to me more and more that they are a fund raising organization first and an advocacy group second. As government abandoned by, of and for the people long ago to become an all consuming organism devoted to it's own perpetuation so I believe, the NRA has become first and foremost about the NRA.
Or something like that.

I can't imagine a logical position that would cause them to stall NR. And it IS August now.... it seems like the NRA money machine needs feeding no mater what month of the year it is. I know a lot of guys including myself get a little pizzed at their extortion tactics, but I can't draw a parallel between the NR and the NRA being similar to the March of Dimes and Polio.... Unless they find a cure for being a Democrat (and sometimes even a Republican), we are always going to need the NRA.

Want to see a fundraising organization? Go get on Gun Owners of America's list. They won't remove you from their begging list till 10 years after you're dead. They are a despicable organization. They ask for money daily with the looniest reports and faked news. It is like getting mail from the National Enquirer with Bat Boy urging you to give them money because BATS!

Avoid them at all costs.

Want to see a fundraising organization? Go get on Gun Owners of America's list. They won't remove you from their begging list till 10 years after you're dead. They are a despicable organization. They ask for money daily with the looniest reports and faked news. It is like getting mail from the National Enquirer with Bat Boy urging you to give them money because BATS!

Avoid them at all costs.
Agreed! You have to threaten them, still ignore your threats.

Not buying that the NRA is intentionally slowing down or blocking reciprocity. Sounds more like disinformation from the Bloombergers to get us to fight among ourselves. From a practical perspective IF they were doing this they would be effectively destroyed when they would eventually get caught. The upside is very small, the downside is enormous, and the risk is very high.

Not buying that the NRA is intentionally slowing down or blocking reciprocity. Sounds more like disinformation from the Bloombergers to get us to fight among ourselves. From a practical perspective IF they were doing this they would be effectively destroyed when they would eventually get caught. The upside is very small, the downside is enormous, and the risk is very high.

Agreed. If anyone is holding this up, it's the Republican controlled congress. The NRA can't make laws, only lobby for them. This R congress has been a miserable failure so far. 8 months in and nothing to show for it. They are blowing the biggest opportunity they've had in decades. And that's why I left the R party a few years ago. All they care about is fighting Trump and getting themselves re-elected. Screw the whole lot of them :mad: Bunch of self-serving two-faced liars.

Agreed. If anyone is holding this up, it's the Republican controlled congress. The NRA can't make laws, only lobby for them. This R congress has been a miserable failure so far. 8 months in and nothing to show for it. They are blowing the biggest opportunity they've had in decades. And that's why I left the R party a few years ago. All they care about is fighting Trump and getting themselves re-elected. Screw the whole lot of them :mad: Bunch of self-serving two-faced liars.

D & R are two sides of the same coin. I can't even begin to explain how angry I am that they are stalling so many obvious and necessary reforms.

D & R are two sides of the same coin. I can't even begin to explain how angry I am that they are stalling so many obvious and necessary reforms.

I'm pretty damn pizzed at them. They beg us to give them this opportunity, then completely blow it. I no longer trust any politician to keep their word.

I so wanted to believe them, but got pulled in by lies again. Damn, I wish the framers had put term limits on congress, not just the President. They have ZERO reason to get things done. If there were term limits, they would work their butts off to secure their legacies.

Man, this really makes me mad :mad: :mad:

@etrain16, didn't presidential term limits come about later than the adoption of the constitution? Seems like it was in an amendment but IDK. Brain not too good anymore. :(

You're right, didn't take effect until the passage of the 22nd amendment - after FDR served 3 terms. Still, I wish the framers had though ahead to term limits for ALL congress and the president. Otherwise, they seem to consider themselves lifetime appointees that are 'too important' to be replaced.

Still, I wish the framers had though ahead to term limits for ALL congress and the president. Otherwise, they seem to consider themselves lifetime appointees that are 'too important' to be replaced.

Agree. I'm so tired of hearing/reading how important some Congress person is because they are on a committee. Many examples but all I can think of right now is John McCain. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top