JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully at least they take a stand for our rights at some point. The negotiator-in-chief seems to have reverted to big city gun grabber.
I told anyone that would listen three years ago that his actions and words dictated he would "negotiate" away our rights if it suited him. Even as I was saying Clinton wasn't a good candidate either, people accused me of being a closet liberal, etc. Obviously, I'm not happy about our gun rights being negotiated away one bit at a time (although I am thankful for Gorsuch instead of Garland), I feel a bit vindicated with all my friends who swore by Trump, thinking he'd changed and was going to be the 2nd Amendment savior.

I apologize for this rant, especially if it's a bit off topic, but damn it anyway, I INFORMED YOU THUSLY!

Thanks, needed to get that off my chest. Sorry for the rant.

That was a great speech, Wayne used old tapes to show what great thing the NRA has done. One point was the NRA would help any school that asked the NRA would help harden the school for free. NRA is spending their money to help, what are their detractors doing?

Hopefully at least they take a stand for our rights at some point. The negotiator-in-chief seems to have reverted to big city gun grabber.
I told anyone that would listen three years ago that his actions and words dictated he would "negotiate" away our rights if it suited him. Even as I was saying Clinton wasn't a good candidate either, people accused me of being a closet liberal, etc. Obviously, I'm not happy about our gun rights being negotiated away one bit at a time (although I am thankful for Gorsuch instead of Garland), I feel a bit vindicated with all my friends who swore by Trump, thinking he'd changed and was going to be the 2nd Amendment savior.

I apologize for this rant, especially if it's a bit off topic, but damn it anyway, I INFORMED YOU THUSLY!

Not defending anyone but maybe you might look at it from another angle. Trump promised to support the 2nd amendment, who is he protecting it from and what are they willing to do to get him to break that promise and lose his base? I get it folks hate Trump and voted not for Trump but the second amendment. Who is against it and why did folks have to vote him in to protect it? What ever happens rest assured those who hate your owning a gun will never rest while you have one.

So who nominated Gorsuch?
Looking at the big picture...all of these attacks on our 2nd amendment right at the state level will eventually be dealt with by the Supreme court.
If Trump wasn't elected I think we would be in real trouble as far as Supreme court justices.
Just my .02

You wouldn't have to vote for people you hate if those on the other side respected your rights under the constitution. Yall knew that if Hillary would have been in your rights would have been gone after Vegas. The NRA is fighting for your right to protect yourself and your family, why is it we needed Trump to help do that?

Sad state of affairs that we gun owners / supporters are so divided. Believe me, the Democrats ARE NOT !! My wife told me that when my generation is gone, the 2nd A, and guns are too. I can't help but think she's right. A couple years ago, after Newtown, the local NOW/Ceasefire women got anti-gun active, and made a fuss over their ASK program, and started their gun buy-back program with local PD. Every opinion page of our local paper is crammed with far-left, and anti- gun/NRA rhetoric. A few of " my generation" decided to start a county wide pro-2nd A group of like minded gun enthusiasts and sportsmen. We named it Sportsmen's Defense Watch. We tried for a year to get gun owners together to defend ourselves...and failed. After a year of no interest, mainly from the younger generation, we desolved it. Everyone was too busy with their life. There was ZERO fire like we saw from the other side. Why are there gun owners who bad mouth the NRA and OFF ? Why are there gun owners who vote party line Democrat ? If we can't get together, and SUPPORT the organizations who represent our freedom...we are done-for. Say goodby to your grandchildren inheriting your guns. -The Dinosaur.

And which president in the last 50 years has been a bigger supporter of the 2nd amendment?

How about the last 100?
Albeit the all or nothing crowd will scream foul, I believe Reagan. Unless we soon move beyond rhetoric, will be far outreaching Trump.
Even after an attempted assignation and his friend Brady (yes, that Brady) taking a bullet for him. Partly because of that, and though AK-47 aficionado's may think me nuts as Reagan was a detractor towards that end, his signing of Firearm owners protection act Text of S. 49 (99th): Firearms Owners' Protection Act (Passed Congress version) - GovTrack.us
along with his visibility and public advocacy went a long way towards public acceptance.
I believe Reagan's 2nd amendment stance and belief in the American people's right to protect themselves was rock solid, and unwavering even though choices to that end may not all have been "Pro Gun".

The left has their anti gun machine set and ready to go at the first bullet fired. The NRA is fighting back. The tools used by the gun grabbers when the first shot is fired is...

"Definition of gaslighting someone

A more psychological definition of gaslighting is "an increasing frequency of systematically withholding factual information from, and/or providing false information to, the victim - having the gradual effect of making them anxious, confused, and less able to trust their own memory and perception."

It's how you are manipulated, the media doesn't tell you the news, they tell you how and what to think.

Sad state of affairs that we gun owners / supporters are so divided. Believe me, the Democrats ARE NOT !! My wife told me that when my generation is gone, the 2nd A, and guns are too. I can't help but think she's right. A couple years ago, after Newtown, the local NOW/Ceasefire women got anti-gun active, and made a fuss over their ASK program, and started their gun buy-back program with local PD. Every opinion page of our local paper is crammed with far-left, and anti- gun/NRA rhetoric. A few of " my generation" decided to start a county wide pro-2nd A group of like minded gun enthusiasts and sportsmen. We named it Sportsmen's Defense Watch. We tried for a year to get gun owners together to defend ourselves...and failed. After a year of no interest, mainly from the younger generation, we desolved it. Everyone was too busy with their life. There was ZERO fire like we saw from the other side. Why are there gun owners who bad mouth the NRA and OFF ? Why are there gun owners who vote party line Democrat ? If we can't get together, and SUPPORT the organizations who represent our freedom...we are done-for. Say goodby to your grandchildren inheriting your guns. -The Dinosaur.

Its a simple one line answer why some gun owners don't support the 2nd amendment, they see guns as their hobby, not a right.

Its a simple one line answer why some gun owners don't support the 2nd amendment, they see guns as their hobby, not a right.
So, if there are some gun owners who don't support the 2nd A , that must mean they don't support the other Amendments, or the rest of the Constitution. They would be called Democrats.Those sad, mentally impaired citizens who are confused about WHAT they believe in.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews