JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is the link and the one rule up for discussion:

<broken link removed>

• Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
    Alcohol, as well as any other substance likely to impair normal mental or physical bodily functions, must not be used before or while handling or shooting guns.

I think I know what they mean, but what they say is a different thing altogether.
Alcohol -- OK.
Do Not Use Drugs -- Not OK.
Any of you on life saving medication - insulin for diabetes, blood thinners? You can't shoot. Period.
That is what they say.

What they mean, I believe, is if the drug affects your judgement.

Meh, if they held to the letter of the law on this, they would disqualify a lot of people. I'm a Type 1 diabetic, which means my body doesn't produce insulin, so I have no choice but to take it every day. That, in and of itself, does not affect me in any way. The only time it could be an issue is if I got too much insulin and not enough carbs to offset it. But that would create an issue for anything, including driving. For those that manage their meds, they should be aware of how they affect them and make a good judgment call as to whether or not they are fit to proceed. Heck, you could be unfit just having the flu.

Aside from being drunk or stoned, adults should be able to judge their mental and physical state before and during a shoot. I would expect the same thing of anyone getting behind the wheel of a car.

as well as any other substance likely to impair normal mental or physical bodily functions,

A lot of my meds say "may impair your ability to use heavy machinery and driving etc".

I've also been on them for awhile and if they even mildly impaired me to begin with, they do not do so now.

In fact, I'm in deep bubblegum if I skip a dose so NOT taking them would impair me exponentially more then taking them possibly could.

I've never advocated drinking and shooting regardless of your tolerance to alcohol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top