JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It may well be that the largest portion of any extraneous/"dirty" money was coming from their simple strategy of not including an accurate date (in " Renewal Notices") of expiration toward one's membership.

More than common in most subscriptions.

We got that stopped Because there were enough of us. Acting in entire unity.

Now bear in mind, I opened with legal rulings about absolute Rights. Heller legislated from the bench and over-ruled their own holdings. Absolute and unlimited are synonyms. The Court opened the door for gun control and destroyed over 150 years of established precedents.

I think most of us understand that 2A rights were given to us by our creator, not by government. But thanks for your list backing up that idea. I would say that the door for gun control was wide-open long before Heller; entire classes of guns have been restricted and banned for decades, as well as laws governing use and carrying of guns. Is Heller perfect? Nope. It would be better if they had ruled "all gun laws are unconstitutional", but to me Heller doesn't seem to be ".... the most anti-gun ruling ever handed down by the United States Supreme Court" as you claimed.

Back to the original OP question: Is the NRA pro-gun? I think that depends on how you define "pro-gun". According to the extreme anti-2A leftist organization "Brennan Center for Justice", the NRA must be rabidly pro-2A. They did say the NRA opposed Heller going to the USSC only because they were not sure they would have the required 5 votes, but they acknowledged that the NRA is why it eventually made it to the USSC:

Lots more anti-2A at their website - a group we should keep an eye on:

Last Edited:
Don't confuse what the NRA used to be to what it is today. It's primary purpose right now is to enrich the people in the C-suite, like LaPierre.

I think most of us understand that 2A rights were given to us by our creator, not by government. But thanks for your list backing up that idea. I would say that the door for gun control was wide-open long before Heller; entire classes of guns have been restricted and banned for decades, as well as laws governing use and carrying of guns. Is Heller perfect? Nope. It would be better if they had ruled "all gun laws are unconstitutional", but to me Heller doesn't seem to be ".... the most anti-gun ruling ever handed down by the United States Supreme Court" as you claimed.

Back to the original OP question: Is the NRA pro-gun? I think that depends on how you define "pro-gun". According to the extreme anti-2A leftist organization "Brennan Center for Justice", the NRA must be rabidly pro-2A. They did say the NRA opposed Heller going to the USSC only because they were not sure they would have the required 5 votes, but they acknowledged that the NRA is why it eventually made it to the USSC:

Packpacker is correct. The Heller decision was very close. It was a risky but necessary challenge. The NRA (AKA: NAR) was justifiably worried and here is why, in the dissenting opinion of the 4/5 ruling had it been the majority would have effectively eliminated the 2nd. The minority called it a collective right of the Militia and not a individual right. Heller wasn't perfect and getting the Roberts court to defend it is another matter entirely.

Trying to fix SCOTUS? I heard the last chapter in Ted Cruz's new book is supposed to tell Republications how to pick conservative Judges that actually vote Conservatively, or 'Originalistly'. Myself I don't think it matters, the deep state finds dirt and poof yer a sock puppet!

Ted Cruz Clears Up Heller

I am the Key Master

4DC0A7AC-02F3-4BC0-B50C-2E249A89D27E.jpeg

Sorry that you believe that reducing unalienable Rights to mere privileges is not that big of a deal. Heller went 180 degrees opposite of standing precedents set by the United States Supreme Court themselves.

Any gun organization that would give up essential Liberty for the promise of temporary Safety does not deserve your support and I've spent enough time involved in court cases to know that the NRA does not come to the aid of those who put their life on the line for a definitive answer on the subject. As long as gun owners can lie to themselves and say that incremental defeat isn't that big of a deal, the closer we are to absolute tyranny.

I think I explained in an earlier post how the NRA says one thing to its membership and another to Congress. If you research it, the NRA was a gun control organization from the start. If you are sincere and you want your Rights protected, join and support the GOA. They ARE fighting for your Rights without compromise.

Lastly, constitutionalists never believed in a "living document" as you are supporting. I really miss the strict constructionists and patriot movement types before this backpedaling and compromise came along.

Lastly, constitutionalists never believed in a "living document" as you are supporting. I really miss the strict constructionists and patriot movement types before this backpedaling and compromise came along.
Hear, hear! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Sorry that you believe that reducing unalienable Rights to mere privileges is not that big of a deal. Heller went 180 degrees opposite of standing precedents set by the United States Supreme Court themselves.

Any gun organization that would give up essential Liberty for the promise of temporary Safety does not deserve your support and I've spent enough time involved in court cases to know that the NRA does not come to the aid of those who put their life on the line for a definitive answer on the subject. As long as gun owners can lie to themselves and say that incremental defeat isn't that big of a deal, the closer we are to absolute tyranny.

I think I explained in an earlier post how the NRA says one thing to its membership and another to Congress. If you research it, the NRA was a gun control organization from the start. If you are sincere and you want your Rights protected, join and support the GOA. They ARE fighting for your Rights without compromise.

096E70AB-F812-4D94-84F2-0CCE88868616.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top