JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They never said they were for a ban, Just that they were willing to look at it and maybe see if controls were prudent.

I don't think you will ever hear the NRA say they are for an outright ban on anything firearm related. It would be a great way to run off members if they did.

I agree , just wanted to share this as lots of folks have been bashing the NRA the last week calling them a sale out, with all the rumors going around it turns out the NRA is opposing :)

I read the news blip, it said the same as today. Re-evaluation requested.
Disappointed (but not surprised) at the vocal haters.

I think the criticism the NRA is facing is because they just didn't simply flat out reject any idea of regulating bump stocks from the get go... even if they are backpedaling, this issue isn't about asking to "re-evaluate" their legality it should be a flat out no.

'Bump stock' ban opposed by GOA | GOA News

"Gun Owners of America opposes a ban on bump stocks," Executive Director Erich Pratt said in a statement

its pretty simple really.

Disappointed (but not surprised) at the vocal haters.

Naah...I would call it tough love.

The one thing this suggests is that it wasn't some super secret plan to keep the anti's at bay. Clearly this was a knee jerk reaction and not clearly thought out by the NRA leadership.
Aside from a backlash from it's membership, I don't think they fully envisioned the symbolic disaster it would have been to endorse a ban on "a thing" rather than staying focused on perpetrators. {as some in the previous thread have pointed out}.

How can bump stocks be regulated? Regulated as what? Machine guns?

The registry for machine guns closed in 1986, and any little gizmo that produces full auto out of a semi is considered a machine gun all by itself.

So how could they be regulated?

How can bump stocks be regulated? Regulated as what? Machine guns?

The registry for machine guns closed in 1986, and any little gizmo that produces full auto out of a semi is considered a machine gun all by itself.

So how could they be regulated?
They would be regulated out of existence of course. ;) Gun controllers seem to love an emotional reaction justified by an irrational argument.

Since people have been bump firing semi autos for decades without this new doo hickie and Congress didn't even know what it was, besides being a legal product, the NRA folded enough for antis' to proclaim a big victory. True or not it appears that way and I already see social media blowing. The false memes are exploding. There's a popular one show black gun are only to kill and pistols/"hunting" having legitimate purposes.

They would be regulated out of existence of course. ;) Gun controllers seem to love an emotional reaction justified by an irrational argument.
Well, I could certainly live without bump stocks; I've never used one.

But the Feinstein bill would also seem to ban Geissle match triggers. Although these were designed to improve accuracy in long range competition shooting matches, they also increase the rate of fire.

In fact, doesn't just about every replacement trigger increase the possible rate of fire?

But the Feinstein bill would also seem to ban Geissle match triggers. Although these were designed to improve accuracy in long range competition shooting matches, they also increase the rate of fire.

In fact, doesn't just about every replacement trigger increase the possible rate of fire?

One could argue either way.

The trigger still cannot alter the speed at which the bolt carrier, buffer and buffer spring function. A lighter, cleaner pull does make it easier for less adept or weaker shooters to shoot faster however it will not change the inherant cyclic rate unless lighter bc/buffer/springs are also used. But that tradeoff comes with decreased reliability and accelerated wear on parts. So who is faster - a guy with a stock, reliable rifle or the guy a with the frankenrifle with race gun components that may or may not make it through a full mag without hiccup? As Paul Harrell says - you be the judge. :D

I'm against the ban too because it the left gets this now, then whats next if we let them take this and do nothing to fight it

they will take what ever they want in the future.

I was just on gun broker and slide fire stocks are going for 600.00 bucks silly

I have 2 of them still in the package, I think I'm going to list them on gun broker

Next they will ban Jerry Miculek!

I think the NRA is way too top lofty and is carrying WAY too much sail for current sea and weather conditions. Now they are desperately trying to reduce sail and tack at the same time. Not going to work. The solution is to have the responsible officers of the deck walk the plank.

Subjective; Keel hauling comes to mind also. :)

Looks to me like an example of the politician that was "for it before they were against it"........that way they can have it both ways. (Sorry Dijital.....didn't see your post before I did this one)

I am not worried about a bump stock ban. If I needed one (I never will) it would be simple enough to fabricate...........but would like to get a pound of flesh for it.......like deregulating silencers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top