Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NRA opens in Indy; grassroots gears up in Puyallup

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

NRA convention opens in Indy; activists get busy in Puyallup

It was raining in Indianapolis this morning, but that won’t dampen the spirits of tens of thousands of gun owners gathering here for the opening day of three National Rifle Association’s 143rd annual convention, nor is the same wet forecast going to keep people away from the monthly Puyallup gun show, where volunteers will be passing out thousands of bumper stickers.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nra-convention-opens-indy-activists-get-busy-puyallup

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

No but the tacoma dome show may............

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Why is it never held out on the West coast? Just askin...

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Phoenix 2009
    Reno 2002
    Denver 1999
    Seattle 1997
    Phoenix 1995

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. Dave Workman

Not a facility big enough anymore outside of California....

‘Everytown’ launches attack on politicians speaking to NRA

Anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s $50 million gun control campaign dubbed “Everytown for Gun Safety” today launched an advertisement that targeted politicians who spoke yesterday to members of the National Rifle Association here in Indianapolis, and the nastiest may be yet to come.

http://www.examiner.com/article/everytown-launches-attack-on-politicians-speaking-to-nra

6. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Really? The NRA convention is allegedly 70,000 people, which is the same size as PAX Prime in Seattle hit back in 2011.

If the WSCC does end up expanding, maybe one day we will see the NRA convention here.

7. ak56

ak56 Carnation, Wa Active Member

I suspect it's less a matter of the number of attendees, as it is the number of exhibitors.

8. Dave Workman

‘We have always been the good guys’ — LaPierre

Declaring that National Rifle Association members “have always been the good guys,” NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre told a lively audience Saturday that “No one fights harder, longer or stronger” than the five-million member organization.

http://www.examiner.com/article/we-have-always-been-the-good-guys-lapierre

8ball likes this.
  9. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I looked it up and you are right - the exhibit floor in Indy is twice the size of the WSCC exhibit floor. Oh well, maybe in another decade!

10. Dave Workman

They came, they saw and they are planning ahead

It is the final day of the National Rifle Association convention in Indianapolis; exhibitors are finding room to breathe from Saturday’s aisle-jammer and NRA members are already planning for next year’s event in Nashville, while they are still getting over last night’s big bash at the Lucas Oil Stadium featuring Sarah Palin and Lt. Col. Oliver North.

http://www.examiner.com/article/they-came-they-saw-and-they-are-planning-ahead

11. Dave Workman

NRA wraps as debate over good guys with guns in schools resurfaces

The National Rifle Association has capped another convention in a city that welcomed the organization with open arms, just as the debate over guns in schools has resurfaced, with a report from Purdue University that reinforces an idea the group pushed 16 months ago that ignited an anti-gun wave of ridicule and scorn.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nra-wraps-as-debate-over-good-guys-with-guns-schools-resurfaces

12. Mark W.

Generally conventions of this type need

Seating to address the attendees all at once
    Space for any exhibits and demonstrations while being able to handle the foot traffic.
    Hotel space for the estimated out of town crowd And this is typically within walking distance So really only a few blocks.
    A supportive local government to address traffic and other issues that arise when you put this many people in one place.

Its one reason the Goobers that run Portland have been trying to find a way to build a hotel next to the convention center. And why the EXPO is worthless for conventions since there are no Hotels within Walking distance and only a few within shuttle distance. And then theres the whole local government thing in Portland and I would assume Seattle to deal with.

Stomper likes this.
  13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LOL... "The goobers that run Portland".

14. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

If it means income tax money being used to fund said Portland hotels I will willingly forgo the NRA convention in Oregon . . .

Sheldon

Stomper likes this.
  15. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

It was fun.

16. Mark W.

Ya Liked that did ya? My mom started years ago after she lived in Scotland for a while calling everyone she had a problem with or thought was a bit of an Idiot/Moron/Dumbarse/etc a "Goober" I save it for those truly deserving. And the "Goobers" that run Portland truly deserve it.

17. Provincial

Provincial Near Salem, OR Well-Known Member

I run with a small crowd that remarks when exposed to a really stupid idea: "That's really Portland."

18. Stomper

Yeah, I liked it because I thought I was the only one who still uses that vernacular. My wife is 2nd gen Australian of Scottish descent (she really loved her Grampy)... Talk about "colorful" terminology on a daily basis!

19. Stomper

Portland, where young people go to retire....