JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently joined the NRA as a Life Member. I wanted to support and organization that I thought was fighting for my rights. Part of joining the NRA was to send me a NRA jacket. I got a letter from them in October and it stated that my Medium jacket was ready to be shipped. I called them immediately and told them I had not worn a medium since Jr. High. I wear a 2XL. They said okay we will correct that before shipment. Yesterday the postal carrier dropped off a package. It contained one NRA jacket sized medium. I could not believe it. It was even made in China! What is the NRA against American made products? I called the membership phone number and they tried to sell me a life membership. I told them I was already a Life Member. They did not even listen and kept on with their speel. Then they asked me if I would like to support another cause of theirs. WOW. I finally was being transferred to another department to help me get the right size jacket. Disconnected! I called back and got the same speel from membership, and was finally told to ship the jacket back with a letter stating the problem. No return label was offered. I told the agent to pay attention to my concerns and they said oh "I'm sorry." I told them you aren't really listening to me, or trying to help solve my problem. I finally got frustrated and hung up.

I am a NRA Range Safety Officer and Life Member. I guess my support is headed in the wrong direction. Maybe it should be with Gun Owners of America. I have learned from this incident that all the NRA really wants is my money!
Where were they with the fight on I-1639, and I -594 here in Washington State. Where are they now with the threat of a magazine and semi automatic rifle ban? I guess I am kind of frustrated and venting with an organization I thought was there for me. I would gladly give if I thought they cared about me, but I am starting to think that all they want is my money...............................................I hope not to catch heat over this but it is true, and sad.

I too had a problem with my LM jacket back in 94, I ordered a brown jacket and they sent a black one. I emailed them (hearing loss), they sent a return label and sent the brown one.
Now that you are a LM you can help change the leadership and send WL packing but only if you vote.

Yet you forget that there was a grassroots NRA presence in Washington for No on I-1639. There were representatives, workshops on to get people on board with "How to effectively contact people", literature, yard signs and bumper stickers.
I was a big part of that movement but sadly not enough Washington voters cared to show up....:rolleyes:

I recently joined the NRA as a Life Member. I wanted to support and organization that I thought was fighting for my rights. Part of joining the NRA was to send me a NRA jacket. I got a letter from them in October and it stated that my Medium jacket was ready to be shipped. I called them immediately and told them I had not worn a medium since Jr. High. I wear a 2XL. They said okay we will correct that before shipment. Yesterday the postal carrier dropped off a package. It contained one NRA jacket sized medium. I could not believe it. It was even made in China! What is the NRA against American made products? I called the membership phone number and they tried to sell me a life membership. I told them I was already a Life Member. They did not even listen and kept on with their speel. Then they asked me if I would like to support another cause of theirs. WOW. I finally was being transferred to another department to help me get the right size jacket. Disconnected! I called back and got the same speel from membership, and was finally told to ship the jacket back with a letter stating the problem. No return label was offered. I told the agent to pay attention to my concerns and they said oh "I'm sorry." I told them you aren't really listening to me, or trying to help solve my problem. I finally got frustrated and hung up.

I am a NRA Range Safety Officer and Life Member. I guess my support is headed in the wrong direction. Maybe it should be with Gun Owners of America. I have learned from this incident that all the NRA really wants is my money!
Where were they with the fight on I-1639, and I -594 here in Washington State. Where are they now with the threat of a magazine and semi automatic rifle ban? I guess I am kind of frustrated and venting with an organization I thought was there for me. I would gladly give if I thought they cared about me, but I am starting to think that all they want is my money...............................................I hope not to catch heat over this but it is true, and sad.

7A999B6E-ABC1-415B-B230-B4CB7FA20BAF.gif

I joined recently because some pistol competitions at my range require it. They sent me a new member survey in which they asked for YET MORE MONEY. Not even a member for a week before the panhandling. Can't say I'm happy and base sure their survey reflected that. It's irritating to say the least

I was a member briefly but saw through the BS and didn't rejoin. Several ranges near me require NRA membership before I can join their ranges, so they don't get any of my money either. And I'm no more surprised that their jackets were made in China than I am that Donald "MAGA" Trump's clothing line was.

I joined recently because some pistol competitions at my range require it. They sent me a new member survey in which they asked for YET MORE MONEY. Not even a member for a week before the panhandling. Can't say I'm happy and base sure their survey reflected that. It's irritating to say the least

Contact them and tell them you do not want any more spam, they will put a no contact order on your membership. It's as easy as that.

For those that think someone can join the NRA and change them from the path they have been on since the 80's is like a women marring a man thinking she can change his smoking, drinking and cheating habits.

The NRA leadership does not want to change. The more talk there is about banning guns and changing laws to make it harder to own guns the more money they make from people that think they can prevent it. It's the same reason the gun and ammunition makers don't care as long as people keep buying the millions of assault rifles and the ammunition they use every time a new law is introduced or a threat looms. They do not look long term, all they are concerned about is the next quarter's profits.

I do not and will not support the NRA, no matter how many times they save my membership can "change" them to what they should be.

Mike

Where they were was in Olympia and Salem, lobbying and doing whatever else they could do with the resources allotted to them. Keely Hopkins is your NRA-ILA representative for these two states and she was there every day.

Sorry about your jacket. I always tell them they can keep the promotional gift.

Contact them and tell them you do not want any more spam, they will put a no contact order on your membership. It's as easy as that.
Thankyou for the info. I will definitely be doing that ASAP
The phrase that pays is "Put me on your Do Not Promote list." BTW, this does not work with SAF. They will whore out your info to everyone with a checkbook.

I do not and will not support the NRA

My coworker likes his guns, but thinks that the only guns that should be accessible to the public are "gentleman's guns", like bolt-action rifles and revolvers. He hates the NRA because they stand in the way of "common sense gun control" when they should instead focus on safety and good ranges for gentlemen with money. Maybe his is a common perspective in some circles?

Personally I'd love to see a huge shake-up in leadership at the NRA, and I think they need to fire their sleazy marketing firm, but at this point in history I think they are still essential and need to be supported regardless. I wish La Pierre had the decency to step aside, as I think that at this point he is a serious hindrance to the cause.

I think its a good idea to be an NRA member. However, I think that SAF and GOA will make better use of donations.

One thing I can say for sure is that if we abandon the NRA, the Anti's will thank us.
I have a survey here from EveryTown and the NRA is negatively discussed 15 separate times, in 3 pages! If the NRA is everytowns main focus, I will assume they're doing something right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top