JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ditto.

Where was the NRA when it would only have cost a couple of lawyers to contest parts of SB941 to get exemptions for CHL holders and 03FFls?

Where was the NRA when I1639 should have been driven all the way to the Sate Supreme Court?

Where is the NRA now when (hard numbers are difficult to find) if only the NRA members in Oregon signed the current Recall Kate petition it would take it over half way to the ballot?

Are they really doing anything at all on the national stage that is useful? Reciprocal Carry? Hearing Act?

I am a life member because I want to be counted among those '5 Million Strong', but until they show me something besides bickering, and blowing stupid money, they will not see another dime of my money. SAF has received all of my donations since 2018.

I find the threatening, wheedling, and argumentative tone of the letters and emails from NRA-ILA a very cold and uninteresting contrast to the concise explanations of what has been done, what is being done, and what can be done, that I get from SAF.

Your mileage may vary

SB 941 exemptions for CHLs and 03FFLs - are you shi++ing me? The Oregon state government is totally controlled by Ds. They HATE CHLs and 03FFLs more than they HATE regular old FUDS! They'd eliminate both if they could possibly do it, and eventually they will. Where was the NRA? They were leading public testimony:

Where was the NRA on I1639?
Read some articles and find out:

On national reciprocity and hearing act, are you shi++ing me AGAIN!?!? :) Do you think ANYTHING pro-2A is going to be passed by the HoR controlled by Polident Pelosi, Fat Jerry, Bug-Eyed-Pencil-Neck-Schiff, and the rest of the Ds?!?! They would not pass a pro-2A bill if you offered each of them an 18 wheeler full of gold bars!

Avoid junk mail by sending your dues in the form of a money order to their snail mail address. Tell them which magazine you want, give them your email address and your name, and nothing else. You will get the magazine via email.

Money is tight, but for those who can, they should join every pro-2A group they can afford to join. We are a minority group so we need to amplify our voices.

;)

With apologies to the OP; by all means, join the NRA and become part of that statistic that is the Jedi Mind Trick of second amendment politics, but do it in the cheapest, most convenient way you can, and then expect to get a skinny magazine, lots of 'deals' that aren't, and continuous pleas for more money, but not much more than that.

But also have the hope that something will change soon, even if 'soon' is time for enough of the current leadership to die off and the hope that they will again be relevant as something more than a punching bag for the left.

SB 941 exemptions for CHLs and 03FFLs - are you shi++ing me? The Oregon state government is totally controlled by Ds. They HATE CHLs and 03FFLs more than they HATE regular old FUDS! They'd eliminate both if they could possibly do it, and eventually they will. Where was the NRA? They were leading public testimony:

Lead? Total propaganda BS. I watched the entire proceeding. I saw OFF's Kevin Starrett try to step up, hobbled as he is by being labeled 'That Gun Kook' by several members of the senate as well as the Portland Police Commanders, City Council, and the Mayor. He also submitted no less (and perhaps more) than 46 reports and written testimonies. In OFF, I see passion, but not much effectiveness. Other than one 'advisor' (I can't seem to find her name right now), I just didn't see any NRA presence.

Where was the NRA on I1639?
Read some articles and find out:

How mealy mouthed about it can you really get? Here's the NRA: "Hey guys, let's file a lawsuit against this unconstitutional law... No, don't challenge that it is an infringement on a major constitutional right, just that it has an age restriction... Oh wait, Mr. Ferguson might not like being named in the lawsuit, I guess we better drop it."

On national reciprocity and hearing act, are you shi++ing me AGAIN!?!? :) Do you think ANYTHING pro-2A is going to be passed by the HoR controlled by Polident Pelosi, Fat Jerry, Bug-Eyed-Pencil-Neck-Schiff, and the rest of the Ds?!?! They would not pass a pro-2A bill if you offered each of them an 18 wheeler full of gold bars!

It doesn't need to be about giving your choice list billions in bullion. It should be about spending the $300-400 million annually dumped into the 'regular' NRA, and the additional $200 million into the Political Victory Fund to support replacements for that list of villains, and to fight everything they do, not just the 2A things. Fight them to a standstill until they are so ineffective that their own constituents won't support them anymore.

The NRA used to have the power to make politicians fear for their jobs with a whisper. That isn't true anymore, so different methods are needed. They have the membership. They have the money (which could actually be used if they'd burn the dead wood). What seems to be lacking is the will. Show me that they are up for the fight in a meaningful way, and I will support them (again) financially.

How much does Wayne LaPierre make?
<shortened>

The lack of transparency on this is another of my pet peeves. I did some digging a while ago and these are the best numbers I could find. I really have no idea how it may have changed since 2017 which were the most recent I could find in 2019.

Base salary (estimated as it is not published--another major flag to me): $945,000.00/year
Annual guaranteed salary bonus: $150,000
Recent 'special retirement fund withdrawals' (depends on the year): 2015: $3,790,000.00, 2017: $1,785,000.00
Royalties for book sales (most books published by the NRA): 2015: $640,000.00, 2017: $690,000.00
Honoraria for speaking engagements, supportive appearances, etc.: 2015: $335,000.00, 2017: $315,000.00
Paid 'expenses' for attending speaking engagements, supportive appearances, etc.: 2015: $145,000.00, 2017: $118,000.00

So while I'm sure it sucks just as much for him as it does for the rest of us whose salaries are dependent upon outside factors; his total compensation can vary widely. In the recent numbers I could find, it was at a low of about $1.8Million in 2012, a high of just over $6Million in 2015, and has tapered off a little to $4Million and change in 2017.

Sources:
Wikipedia.org
celebritynetworth.com
NRA Member Report November 2019
Washington Post 11/15/2019
Washington Post 6/9/2019
Several documents that are the minutes of meetings from the 2019 NRA Annual Meeting downloaded from offgridweb.com during the April 25th-28th meetings.

Hope it helps

Join the NRA.
Triggered.gif
Even if it's just to pi$$ her off.

Aloha, Mark

I like reading "Rifleman magazine" that is a magazine choice that comes with the membership. It has interesting info in there about history, the armed citizen report is always good, and they have advertisements that keep you somewhat up to date on the new things rolling out.

GOA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, VACDL, directly to Stephen Stamboulieh who is the most pro gun activist/attorney in country.

Giving money to NRA is worse than lighting it on fire. Lighting it on fire wouldn't help the Anti Gunners as much as the NRA does.

Some ranges require membership. She is a big ship with a small rudder and despite the current difficulties, she will turn around. It just takes time. The NRA went through much worse nonsense in the 70s. A few wanted to turn it into the National Recreation Association. That idea was shot down.

Thought: Should the NRA have a "Civilian Militia" division? That way, the constitutional warrant would be more clear. Recent events and orders for the government forces to stand down in the face of Marxist anarchists reveal the need for a civilian force.

Wayne isn't even a gun nut. How is it possible?
If they had Tom Selleck, or Ted Nugent as president of the NRA, I'd donate double lifetime.
Wayne was a DEMOCRAT lobbyist before he joined the NRA. Wonder how that happened?

He is not the President. He is the Executive Vice President and has complete power and control over the rest of the BOD. Power he is consolidated over the last 30 Years while making tens of millions of dollars for himself and Hundreds of Millions of dollars for fellow BOD members.

There are a bunch of shell companies which are owned by members which the NRA does business with, funneling money to each other.

The President is a figurehead and has almost no power. Anyone with a shred of integrity who has gotten close has either quit or run out of town when they voice concern.

The NRA makes the Clinton Foundation look like a good investment.

BOD board of democrats??
I'm sorry, Board of Directors.
When the nra offers cheap bubblegum, Chinese made hats or duffle bags and gifts wtf.
With gun purchases going off the charts, I think manufacturers need theirs own lobbyists.
It's time we the people, rise up.

Just got this email from GOA. I am not shilling for them just showing that they seam to get stuff done.

No images? Click here
banner.png
GOA: Media Demonizes Apparent Self-Defender Kyle Rittenhouse

Springfield, VA – Gun Owners of America (GOA) Senior Vice President Erich Pratt released the following statement on Kyle Rittenhouse's citizen-involved shooting:

"Based upon publicly available video evidence, it appears that Kyle Rittenhouse was acting in self-defense. And despite fake news media reports, it is clear that Kyle was not firing indiscriminately into a crowd.
"GOA has reached out to Rittenhouse's attorneys and the Lake County Public Defender's office, and we have our own attorneys and use of force experts looking into this case, too. In the meantime, we demand fair treatment from the media, because up till now, their coverage has been horrific. With no evidence, they have labeled Kyle as a racist and a vigilante, but that just indicates how the media elites view all gun owners.
"More to the point, the media has given more favorable coverage to rioters and looters over the past several months than to gun owners who appear to be protecting their lives from violent attackers. The media excuses the violent torching of American cities as 'mostly peaceful' protests. And they now minimize the hatefulness of Kyle's attackers, calling them mere 'protesters.'
"But if Leftists want to question why Kyle Rittenhouse was in Kenosha, then they should begin by asking that question to the 'protesters' who have criminal records and who have come from out of town to terrorize business owners.
"The bottom line is this: every human being has a God-given right to protect themselves. And when a person's life is under attack, the Constitution protects their ability to use firearms without 'infringement' in the defense of that life."
View on the Web.
Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Pl Suite 202
Springfield VA 22151

You are receiving this email because you have signed up to receive communications from GOA or opted-in to receive emails through an action alert.

Preferences | Unsubscribe

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads