JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just received a mailer yesterday from NRA stating that dues are going up in 2016. They are offering some reduced 1, 2, 3, 5 and life membership rates along with some gifts. Simply running the numbers, I should go ahead and spend the $500 for the life member. Assuming the new 2016 annual rate stays at $40 over my lifetime (which it won't) and I live to the ripe old age of 76 (current average), I would save $340.

The buzz kill is that I want the ceramic hunting knife (3 year gift) vs. the NRA logo backpack that comes with the life option. Also, seems every years annual membership comes with an act now and receive a pocket knife, watch, etc. (I have both of those and a hat), so by opting for the life member, those perks go away.

I'm already a Life Trout Unlimited member (now that came with a Winston BIIx fly rod and Lamson reel... serious bait for dropping the $1500).

Curious what others are doing about their NRA memberships. Sure wish they offered some serious candy like TU did... maybe an NRA engraved S&W .357? Wouldn't that just send the anti-gunners into orbit :D.

I always figured the membership fee that best fit my circumstances was the one to go with and the so called freebies were to lure in those that are on the fence.

However freebies are a very nice perk if you can get em while supporting your 2A rights! Seems like a win win to me. Most of the time the freebies are serious junky gimmick crap, but the ceramic knife seems cool. I need to get my yearly membership paid for, next month for me... still recovering from back to school shopping for 4 kids, 2 birthdays, and hunting season all in the last 2 months. I think this next year will be if the most importance for 2A rights due to the upcoming election... gotta get it done!

I just love my swell little knife!! I cant wait to see what they give me next year:p .
Its really about the NRA raising money so its up to you. The dues are just peanuts.

I became a life member a couple of years ago. I want to be part of their numbers for the sake of the pull they have in congress. I haven't given extra donations at this point. I would if they would make a concerted effort to fight for us in Oregon, which they haven't done yet.

I think it's a very good idea to be a member. Even if you don't agree with their fundraising or their politics, there is one HUGE reason to be a member - they are the #1 target of the anti-gun groups. They are a big thorn in the side of people like Obama and Bloomberg. And I am happy to support a group that can make people like that lose sleep at night.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree they are our primary voice in 2AR's and firearm laws in general -- and have been a member for about 7 years now. I thought about the impact of them being able to say that a certain percentage of their members are life members... though I doubt that has any real impact... anyone know differently?

If you think about it, becoming life member's actually reduces their total funding over most members life time -- for sure if the member provides no further donations.

Maybe I'll just keep picking the gimmick gift renewal options and flaunt them at pro gun rally's ;).

Been a Life member for a few years, glad I did. They'll occasionally have a sale on the lifetime membership cost so take advantage of it when it happens...I did.

NRA: lifetime membership is a minimum, in this for ever lifetime battle. Then, Upgrade!
Oh, they had a sale on Benefactor level memberships.....

Last Edited:
Yep, we only have one life to make a difference in this world, because if you don't make a stand then we will get the snot beat out of us just like what is happening now!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Ya don't gotta love em but you should damn well support em. But if you can't bring yourself to support your 2A rights for the good then ya need to flee to a liberal site who say they do and vote the opposite....

Actually the Second Amendment Foundation has been busy with litigation like the Heller case, forcing carry in Illinois and bugging the Californians on carry. The lefties absolutely insist on demonizing the NRA while the SAF is eating the antis' lunch.

I wonder what slick Willy thinks about the government being on the defense side in litigation.

The NRA was leery of going into the Heller case, but on the other hand have come on board and also do some serious lobbying. As far as I know the SAF does not lobby.

I have yet to see a "gift" that I gave a snort for! I tell them to keep mine! I would much rather that they use that $0.00265 to pay the lawyers!
Maybe I'm thin skinned, but I feel it's insulting to be offered an incentive that I wouldn't offer an ill mannered cat to stop
hissing!
"Oh, no thank you! Perhaps you could pass my, ever so cool, bullet pen to one of our attorneys!" "I signed up to support our Second Amendment rights!":mad: Rant over!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top