JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your old enough to fight and die for this country your old enough to carry a concealed handgun, PERIOD.

<broken link removed>

Let me play devils advocate on this without consideration of what my real feeling are but just for the sake of argument.

18 year old's in the military have gone through boot camp to weed out the weak and the nuts (some of them), they are trained to use a weapon and they have a hierarchy guiding and ordering their actions with that weapon, the average 18 YO who would be affected is only guided by what the law considers a legal purchaser. Is there a difference between those two 18 YO examples? you tell me?

I hear ya, I'm not huge on 16 year olds driving either but they gotta learn sometime. If we didn't have selective service and the draft issue I may budge a little but if an 18 year old kid can be forced to bear arms in the defense of the constitution they should be allowed all the freedoms/rights bestowed by that document.

The same argument could apply to the drinking age also.

BINGO

When I was in the Army the drinking age on post was whatever was set by the state or country it was located in.... I got to indulge at 18, but I never got out of bounds with it... well maybe once on a particular 3-day weekend, and I wish I had died because I was hugging the toilet for 2-1/2 non-stop... gawd the misery!

I saw a LOT of young 18-yr. olds come to Germany and within 2 months of arrival they were drunks, if not outright alchoholics... so I'm all for a 21 drinking age limit. :D

As for possession of a concealed pistol, if they are old enough to vote, old enough to serve in the military, and can demonstrate some semblance of training and responsibility like the rest of us "old farts" have to do, then I'm all for it. I can honestly say that when I was 18 I could have handled the resposibility despite my military training... shux, I was running around at 16-17 with .22's (pistols and rifles) and .30-30 rifles and managed to stay out of trouble.

Let me play devils advocate on this without consideration of what my real feeling are but just for the sake of argument.

18 year old's in the military have gone through boot camp to weed out the weak and the nuts (some of them), they are trained to use a weapon and they have a hierarchy guiding and ordering their actions with that weapon, the average 18 YO who would be affected is only guided by what the law considers a legal purchaser. Is there a difference between those two 18 YO examples? you tell me?

The same argument could be made for 24 year olds. I know 18 year olds who are more mature than some of my buddies in their 30's. Just depends on the person in my opinion. I agree with most though, that if they can be called up for service, they should be allowed to carry.

In some states you can actually get your CWP at 18. Indiana for example issues theirs at 18. I know because I got mine there not too long after I turned 18. Just some food for thought but I have never heard of this causing any problems in the state.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top