JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're calling me a liar? No, I do not get constant spam from them - phone cards, emails or postcards. I honestly don't hear from them much. I wouldn't lie about something like that. I support them, but I don't support being spammed constantly. They don't do that to me, period. I get more emails from my shooting range than I do from the NRA.

I know you hate them, but come on, do you need to make it your personal mission to harass anyone on this site that does support them? We get it, you don't like them. Let it go already. If you don't like them, don't support them, it's really that simple. I agree with much of what you say on this site, but on this issue, it's getting old.

Broken record dude, broken record.

And yes, OFF does get my support, regularly.
I'm with etrain on this one. I've never received a phone call, maybe 2-3 emails in 3 years. I do get posted mail from them a lot, but hey, I can hit the square bin with it if I don't want to see it.

You can pass me that beer after you get your membership packet. Still worried if they will honor it. It would be real bad press if they didn't. I think if they came back and said no, you have the 500$ deal we are not honoring a $300 deal because we messed up I would have to give that 300$ I paid for the lifetime membership to OFF, and pass on the NRA lifetime membership.
I've already gotten a Thank You For Renewing email from them. Hope you're thirsty. :cool:

I saw my status changed to life member online today. They honored the 300$ deal! Whohoo@!

If you want to do an endowment membership it is 200$ till the end of the year. They also do an easy pay plan for it. Normally 1000$. <broken link removed>

I saw my status changed to life member online today. They honored the 300$ deal! Whohoo@!

If you want to do an endowment membership it is 200$ till the end of the year. They also do an easy pay plan for it. Normally 1000$. <broken link removed>
Mine too! PM me for a beer summit.

Funny thing, very soon after I renewed (maybe a day or two), I started getting SPAM from them again. I went in to my email preferences and they had turned back on every category. Unreal. I just gave them $300 and this is how they thank me. :rolleyes:

Oh, and they mailed me another renewal reminder. :s0036:

In preparation for joining Tri-County Gun Club I went to check out NRA memberships and found that the cost had increased to $1500 for lifetime! Ouch!!! I Googled and found a link for a $500 lifetime membership with EasyPay so I went for that. Their site says the price will increase on March 5th 2016 (although it originally said March 1st) so if you're considering an NRA lifetime membership I recommend you get it now. Here is the link I used.

https://membership.nrahq.org/5797/default.aspx?src=b&ek=Y5KJ1RGB

You never have to renew your membership, the magazine keeps showing up forever.

I think I receive about one other NRA mailing a month, certainly not a household administrative burden.

You can opt out of mailings, if you want. That is no reason not to join the organization that is protecting your rights. The NRA has about 5 million members, if there were 10 million members gun control would be a dead issue, the left wouldn't dare touch it.

There's also an insurance policy, and a small firearms insurance policy, with life membership it's constantly in force, no lapses. Also discounts with retailers, if you want them. Gun show discounts, too.

The NRA has about 5 million members, if there were 10 million members gun control would be a dead issue, the left wouldn't dare touch it.

That's probably my biggest reason for being a life member right there. You're on the rolls for life, and the numbers do count. It still surprises me that there are only 5 million members. If there were 10, 20, 50 million, it probably would bring a screeching halt to gun control on the national level. So many don't want to belong because they don't like everything they do or can't deal with mailings. I'd rather folks just suck it up and join, agree 100% with them or not, we might actually get to enjoy our rights with fewer attacks if they had greater numbers.

Last Edited:
I think it's kind of like the old 80-20 rule, you know, 80% of the work is done by 20% of the employees, so it figures only 5 million gun owners care about their rights enough to pony up the price of a brick of .22LR once a year.

I would like to thank the person that started this thread. My membership was about to expire. I read the thread, followed the link, got a lifetime membership for $25 a month with easy pay (I spend more a week on coffee) could not be easier. Money well spent I think. Anyhow thanks fot the reminder.

I'm a lifetime member and proud of it! I encourage people to join even if the don't have a gun. We all have a constitution that needs to be defended. The NRA is our only powerful public lobby that average people can join and support. Freedom is for everyone!

Thanks for reminding me guys! Just got setup on the 5 year plan ($25/quarter).

I'd be surprised if there were more than a handful of gun owners who can't afford $8.33 a month to support their rights. While I often question them, my philosophy is any person or organization on our side of the neutral line is an ally (be it an inch or a mile). I wouldn't donate if I didn't think most of what they did was good work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top