JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Normally, I'd be irritated having just paid $500 only to see I could have paid $300... but in this case, I'm not. Might call and see if I can sweet talk them into sending that carbon knife as a consolation prize ;).

Yeah, I did the same thing, just missed the $300 special a few years ago myself. But, I figure that's more money for them to do their work. In the end, it all goes to a good cause.

Interesting. I get hardly any spam from them. I checked those boxes when I signed up too. No mail in the mail box from them and hardly any emails aside from alerts. I get maybe 6 emails a year about their insurance plans, and that's about it.
comeon your not that thick....you get the constant phone calls, emails and snail mail
when you quit them because you got screwed....like when they send you a postard & tell you to fight your own battles after donating to fight the bloomberg battle they were soliciting money for

they are becoming moot money grabbers, the only thing that keeps them alive......they CURRENTLY are still a thorn in the side of the antis riding on a rep from days gone by

2nd amendment or OFF is Oregons hope IF there is enough support

comeon your not that thick....you get the constant phone calls, emails and snail mail
when you quit them because you got screwed....like when they send you a postard & tell you to fight your own battles after donating to fight the bloomberg battle they were soliciting money for

they are becoming moot money grabbers, the only thing that keeps them alive......they CURRENTLY are still a thorn in the side of the antis riding on a rep from days gone by

2nd amendment or OFF is Oregons hope IF there is enough support

You're calling me a liar? No, I do not get constant spam from them - phone cards, emails or postcards. I honestly don't hear from them much. I wouldn't lie about something like that. I support them, but I don't support being spammed constantly. They don't do that to me, period. I get more emails from my shooting range than I do from the NRA.

I know you hate them, but come on, do you need to make it your personal mission to harass anyone on this site that does support them? We get it, you don't like them. Let it go already. If you don't like them, don't support them, it's really that simple. I agree with much of what you say on this site, but on this issue, it's getting old.

Broken record dude, broken record.

And yes, OFF does get my support, regularly.

Sure wish those jackasses would change their stance on spam. Took 3 calls and months of unsubscribing to dozens (seemed like it anyway) of different email addresses to get rid of about half of the spam. And yes, I checked the "leave me alone" box while registering. I fixed it by moving.

Hey NRA- change your spam policies and I will rejoin. Until then - bite me.
Hey; What major organization doesn't come with spam? Unlike a couple politicians I have been trying unsuccessfully to unsubscribe from, at least I only had to ask once and poof! they were gone. If you believe they are "jackasses" well, never mind, I don't need to state the obvious. I guess some can't see the forest for the trees.

Glad I snapped up a $300 lifer. That deal did not last long.

Edit: Looks like it was a mistake and the link I posted was an open link from a previous membership drive that did not close. They are not taking this promotion anymore, and those who call will be directed to the $500 deal if you are already an NRA member. They are however honoring those $300 deals that went through last night while it was still up. Cool considering the NRA membership prices are going up this year. This was posted in another thread " I spoke with NRA headquarters just now and they said it was a link to an old promotion they never closed. If you paid for a $300 membership and it went through that they will honor it. They apologized for any confusion."

Last Edited:
Glad I snapped up a $300 lifer. That deal did not last long.

Edit: Looks like it was a mistake and the link I posted was an open link from a previous membership drive that did not close. They are not taking this promotion anymore, and those who call will be directed to the $500 deal if you are already an NRA member. They are however honoring those $300 deals that went through last night while it was still up. Cool considering the NRA membership prices are going up this year. This was posted in another thread " I spoke with NRA headquarters just now and they said it was a link to an old promotion they never closed. If you paid for a $300 membership and it went through that they will honor it. They apologized for any confusion."
Looks like you saved me $200. I feel like I owe you a beer now. And guess what I got in the mail today - a renewal notice from the NRA for a membership that doesn't expire until 2017. Or I should say didn't. Now it doesn't expire until I croak. Wonder how many more renewal notices they'll send me? :D

Looks like you saved me $200. I feel like I owe you a beer now. And guess what I got in the mail today - a renewal notice from the NRA for a membership that doesn't expire until 2017. Or I should say didn't. Now it doesn't expire until I croak. Wonder how many more renewal notices they'll send me? :D
You can pass me that beer after you get your membership packet. Still worried if they will honor it. It would be real bad press if they didn't. I think if they came back and said no, you have the 500$ deal we are not honoring a $300 deal because we messed up I would have to give that 300$ I paid for the lifetime membership to OFF, and pass on the NRA lifetime membership.

To those who contributed and support the NRA big thanks from me. Politically there is little else in the way of Bloomberg et al money claiming the second amendment. Here in Oregon we need to get sorted with one state rights group or we will loose all against Portland liberals.

Who to back here in Oregon?

Still barefoot at 50 sump tin', and no wish for a real fight.

I made my last payment for my Lifetime membership last month. I used the easy payment plan and paid it off early by making larger payments as I could afford them. I missed out on the $200 deal we had during the last panic, but I'm not sorry I paid the full boat $1,000 either. I feel that money is well spent and I will still continue to make contributions. I also support OFF and GOA.

As for spam, I get possibly one mailing per month (beyond the bill I used to get) and one or two emails in addition to my electronic delivery of my magazine. That's it. The same goes for GOA - one mailing per month and a few emails. OFF - email alerts because I requested it. Combined it's just enough to keep me informed but not so much I can't assimilate it.

Shooting is an expensive sport - once you buy the firearm, you need ammo, a place to shoot, targets, etc.. Don't forget that you need protection from the people who want to take not just your hobby away, but your rights as well. Factor in to your expenses regular donations - they don't need to be large - to help fuel the opposition to those hell bent on taking your Liberty away from you.

"Dear Hillary,
Thank you for calling me a terrorist. That was easily the most stupid thing ever to come out of the mouth of a presidential candidate. It was the final nudge I needed to become an NRA life member. I hope you trip on your cankles again."

$375. I had to call and whimper a little, plus I was paid up through next November anyway.

Sure wish those jackasses would change their stance on spam. Took 3 calls and months of unsubscribing to dozens (seemed like it anyway) of different email addresses to get rid of about half of the spam. And yes, I checked the "leave me alone" box while registering. I fixed it by moving.

Hey NRA- change your spam policies and I will rejoin. Until then - bite me.
You can call NRA and request to be removed from their mailing list. My step son did it right after getting his life m'ship and they stopped.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top