Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NRA-ILA | Washington State Gun Control Activists Vow More Legislation

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by U201491, Dec 12, 2014.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Washington Lazy Voter turnout has emboldened the Leftist Mothers of Doom

Washington State Gun Control Activists Vow More Legislation

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/a...n-control-activists-vow-more-legislation.aspx

Posted on December 12, 2014
    wa-state-1500_675x380.jpg

In Washington State, gun control activists are already vowing that the recently-passed anti-gun Initiative 594 is just their first step toward dismantling gun rights. In fact, they are promising to dump more anti-gun bills at the legislative session next month.

I-594 is an ill-conceived and deeply flawed initiative that was sold to Washington voters as a means of keeping them safer. Under I-594’s restrictive language, a person simply handing his or her firearm to another is presumptively required to broker this “transfer” through a gun dealer, with very few exceptions. This also necessitates the accompanying background check, fee, paperwork, taxes and, in the case of a handgun, state registration.

According to a recent Seattle Times article, Sandy Brown, president of the board for the Center for Gun Responsibility, said of I-594's passage, “The people of Washington State have made crystal clear that they expect our elected officials to take action on policies that will save lives.” Translation: With the passage of I-594, he and other anti-gun activists now feel emboldened to push for more gun laws and plan on doing so.

Brown went on to say that as they push for more gun laws, anti-gun activists will start keeping a “scorecard” on key votes in order to document which legislators “stand with us on sensible gun policies, and which legislators stand with the gun lobby.”

Supporters of I-594 have also indicated they will use the momentum from passage of the measure in Washington State to pursue similar “background check” campaigns in other states, including Nevada and Oregon.