JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At your own peril.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2014/11/marijuana-cards,-gun-ownership-combination-remain-a-legal-risk.aspx

Marijuana cards, gun ownership combination remain a legal risk
Posted on November 14, 2014
As the use of marijuana gains acceptance for both recreational and medicinal use, owners and buyers of firearms should be aware that the federal government still doesn't believe the two should mix, according to authorities in both fields. They add that the chance of prosecution for a federal felony, while not highly probable, is nothing to take lightly.

<broken link removed>

People should remember that feds still consider marijuana a controlled substance no matter how many states legalize it. They just aren't enforcing the laws against those who have/grow it for their own personal use - unless they want to for some other reason (tack it on to some other charge or use it as leverage).

So yes, with regards to various issues, including purchasing firearms and so on, there is still a risk.

I don't smoke anything, and I don't take drugs recreationally, but there may come a time in my life, when I get older and the aches and pains are too much, that I may try the "infusions" to see if they help (infusions are marijuana ingredients dissolved in various solvents, like alcohol).

There are various growers who are working on marijuana plants that contain the good parts of marijuana without the psychoactive ingredients - in short, you get the pain relief and other medicinal effects without getting "high". These have shown a lot of promise for those who need it for things like epilepsy or MS so they can get symptom relief without the downsides of being "stoned".

I am hoping that eventually Congress will pass a bill to take marijuana off the controlled substance list. This would be a good first step towards getting government to back off from the "war on drugs" and quit intruding into people's personal lives.

NRA should be more concerned with the continued assault and out and out losses of our constitutional gun rights, a real issue that they are conspicuously absent ;)
other pro gun groups need our attention

NRA should be more concerned with the continued assault and out and out losses of our constitutional gun rights, a real issue that they are conspicuously absent ;)
other pro gun groups need our attention
I agree with you that there are greater concerns. Some people seem obsessed with the possibility of being busted by the feds on a medical marijuana charge and losing their guns. It appears that the main thought is compliance with federal law instead of the issue of states rights. Considering what just happened in Washington, and the promised attacks in Oregon, there are much bigger fish to fry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top