Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NRA-ILA 11/27/2014

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by U201491, Nov 27, 2014.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

online_alt.jpg
    header.jpg
    subhead.jpg

New Posts: November 26, 2014Please forward this information to your family, friends, and fellow gun owners!

California: Thank You from the NRA Here is what your Contributions Made Possible in 2014
    As we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, the NRA would like to thank its members and donors for their valuable contributions this year. Without your continued support, the NRA would not be able to do what they do in the fight for your Second Amendment rights. The NRA, its lobbyists, and its lawyers have been heavily involved in a number of important legal and legislative battles, both in California and across the country, that are aimed at protecting, restoring, and expanding the gun rights of Californians. Here is a summary of some of the more significant efforts your contributions made possible in 2014. The NRA graciously thanks you for your support! If you would still like to contribute to these efforts, you can donate to the NRA Legal Action Project today!
    READMORE

California Attorney General Seeks En Banc Review of Ninth Circuit’s Denial of her Request to Intervene in Peruta Case
    Today, November 26, California Attorney General (AG) Kamala Harris filed a request for en banc review of the Ninth Circuit’s denial of her request to intervene in the NRA supported case of Peruta v. San Diego, which produced a landmark decision striking down as a violation of the Second Amendment San Diego County Sheriff William Gore’s policy of refusing to issue licenses to carry firearms in public unless an applicant could demonstrate a special need for one. The AG’s latest request comes after the Court denied the AG’s and several gun ban advocacy groups’ requests to join the case once they learned Sheriff Gore had decided not to further appeal the case.
    READ MORE

2. rupey7

rupey7 Pacific Northwest Active Member

Taku, thank you for posting this comprehensive list of NRA legal activities, it makes me feel good about my membership. I will be honest, I got my nose out of joint over 594. I hope we see an NRA response to this in the near future.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  3. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

I sure hope they do something to help Oregon and other states when their version of I-594 comes along, because they sure did squat up here. This is going to leave a lasting impression on me at renewal time.

4. rupey7

rupey7 Pacific Northwest Active Member

I was feeling the same way but I encourage you to read the link above and see what they are doing in the various states. I think we will see an NRA response to 594. The NRA is the best thing we as gun owners have going for us. Without the NRA we would be just like Australia where now only 5% of the people possess firearms, mostly for work related purposes and closely regulated. I still say "Plus 1" to the NRA.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. whiskeybill

whiskeybill Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

The fact of the matter is that the gun ban groups are targeting very liberal states, and in ways that are not conventional. For instance, they knew that I-594 would not pass in the traditional legislative fashion. Thus, the "voter initiative", a piece of garbage that was placed on the ballot for the voters to decide on. A liberal, biased press, a lot of money from the likes of Bloomberg, Gates and Allen, and lies and half-truths put out about just what I-594 was all about. Like I said in an earlier post, the majority of liberal voters are in the Seattle metro area, and that is a much larger population than the rest of the state combined. The law can still be amended or repealed, but it must be done legislatively or in the courts. Throwing in the towel and blaming the NRA is not the answer here.

The liberals have been at this for a very long time, chipping away at the country we love since the early twentieth century. If we want our country back, we have to fight them in the same manner. It won't happen overnight. It must be generational.

GunnyG, rupey7 and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Well said whiskeybill!!!:cool:

7. GunnyG

GunnyG The Highlands Active Member

+1

And.... The sooner we can get a definitive answer from the WA AG on how the language of -594 can be applied here, the better.

It will be easier to show those states targeted next, what was truly intended.

whiskeybill likes this.