JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NRA executives' extremely high salaries in comparison to what other executives working for nonprofits receive and their expense accounts concern me.
Seems like the funding from us average Joe's could be put to better use.

Yup.....as predicted there are many here that are (or at least seem to be) celebrating the NEWS.

Aloha, Mark
If this forces Wayne out and forces the NRA to be leaner and more focused on rights than selling commemorative crap and duffel bags, then hell yeah, I'm celebrating.

Bureaucracy, inefficiency, corruption, and greed should never be celebrated or supported. It's why the GOP is failing. They lost sight of why they exist and what their core values are.

I am I lifetime member of the NRA and have not donated a dime for a the last few years now. I won't donated another dime until they clean up their house.

A lot of folks have instructor certifications through them that are difficult to get elsewhere. For that matter, they are the biggest source of firearm safety instruction in the world. So while NRA ILA is on my bubblegum list, I want NRA and NRA ILA to continue to exist.

I don't really know much about the NRA other than some of the stories that go around here at NWFA. I get the idea they don't really connect with the little guys, and don't go after smaller areas of the country when they come up with the laws like 1639 in Washington. I don't think the NRA even "Officially" condemned law makers putting a persons rights under the constitution up far a vote by the people of the state?

If we felt that they were with us, here in little ol' potland, that giving money to the cause might actually feel like were were part of a movement. Instead of putting money in a huge, bottomless, wishing well and hoping we see something in the way of results.

I sure do like the idea of the NRA being a formidable obstacle for any anti-gun legislation. But I'm in the same boat, I really don't understand the structuring and what they actually do. I hear the NRA name mentioned often in mainstream media as a opposing group when any firearm laws are in focus.
My only problem with being a member was the continuous harassment for this or that and the resources thrown at me. My $20 yearly donation or whatever it was wouldn't even cover the postage for the crap that was continually sent.

In these days when media can channel the way such a large majority of people think so effectively, I really don't want to lose anyone or anything that has a big voice in politics that I can agree with more than disagree with. The middle ground is just disappearing too fast everywhere I turn.

Just something to consider here....

As pointed out by a few here The NRA is the "Big" gun rights group that the media and non gun people know of.
And with Biden saying things like " I took on the NRA and won" ( Featured on his website ) ...
Then the NRA going bankrupt , may encourage more actions against gun owners.

I am a life member of the NRA...there are a few things about them that I like...and much that I don't.
With that said....if the NRA goes away , then a large and powerful victory will go to the anti gun camp.
Andy

Yup.....as predicted there are many here that are (or at least seem to be) celebrating the NEWS.

Aloha, Mark
Just something to consider here....

As pointed out by a few here The NRA is the "Big" gun rights group that the media and non gun people know of.
And with Biden saying things like " I took on the NRA and won" ( Featured on his website ) ...

I am a life member of the NRA...there are a few things about them that I like...and much that I don't.
With that said....if the NRA goes away , then a large and powerful victory will go to the anti gun camp.
Andy
Andy this is my thought process exactly. They are the biggest name in one of our unnecessary fights for individual liberty.
While just like everything else in the world, the older it gets, the fatter it gets. I do hope the NRA will use this opportunity to come out leaner and meaner than ever before.
I consider myself "open" to ideas that some may label "conspiracy theory". That being said, I am open to the idea that a lot of the fat I perceive in NRA's practice may in fact have much to do with the "you get yours I get mine" good buddy and economic dealings that I suspect are overly prevalent in politics. I don't know how the works, but do know that I want them here.
The NRA is needed now more than ever if they were a positive in the 2A definition and enforcement in politics. With the incoming legislation, the house, and senate following strict party lines, our right could be thrashed if not contested in every way possible. The NRA is one voice in general idealism if not totality that I can get behind.
I will be donating significantly to the NRA as soon as I figure out the correct time to do so. I encourage everyone who has the means to do the same from this group. I know the NRA has supposedly always "needed our support", but this time I actually believe it. And I don't even know if they have the power to ask through the legalities of filing for bankruptcy.

Not a phucking dime from me as long as Wayne and his $3k suits, $500 shoes and sycophant lackeys are on the payroll.... o_O
Agreed. And WLP and his crew have done everything they can to hang onto their positions at all costs. Unfortunately, I'm one of their causalities. I understand their place in the political arena, but they have completely blown it by wasting tons of money and have just about lost all credibility due to the same.
I dropped their membership a long time ago. I let the wife's end before that. Used to be the magazines were worth something, but then even they got to full of solicitations. I sure don't miss the junk mail and phone calls asking for more money to waste...

However, I'll be watching eagerly to see how house is set up in Texas. No WLP? I'm in. WLP working for free? That would be ok. He should have a salary, but after so many years of fleecing his membership, he can work for free for a while. Still, I'd rather see him walk.

^ This is a good point and touches on something I've noticed: I've seen many anti-2A politicians, including the president elect, bemoan the NRA. I have not, ever, seen them publicly whine about another pro-2A organization in all these decades. I'd have to imagine someone has somewhere, but that is still illustrative.

Check your spell checker, you misspelled "idiots"
Hey, there's a difference between regular optimism and blind optimism. Usually. :)
^ This is a good point and touches on something I've noticed: I've seen many anti-2A politicians, including the president elect, bemoan the NRA. I have not, ever, seen them publicly whine about another pro-2A organization in all these decades. I'd have to imagine someone has somewhere, but that is still illustrative.
Someone has to be the boogeyman.

Its because they underestimate the rest. While people go on and on and on about how the NRA is so big and it is bad for us they can talk bad about them like that, everyone is forgetting that underestimating a group is harmful for them as well. There's a lot of them too.

I'm thinking that "The NRA" is the ONLY pro 2-A group ever brought up. It's basically the only trigger word that the anti 2nd/anti firearm folks have ever heard. And playing the old video of Charlton Heston still plays well for them.
1610988155768.png

Moving, yes? It's all about the "Show".

"GOA" doesn't provide the same "OOOmph"

Hmmm, registering as a nonprofit doesn't mean anything if the top executives are sucking up all the $ like a black hole.

The $ needs to got towards their mission, protecting our 2nd amendment rights, not mansions, yachts, and golden parachutes for the top execs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top