JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't let their blaming the political environment in NY on their woes...the financial malfeasance they perpetrated the last decade or so put them in this spot. They need to own their criminal behavior IMO. Glad I let them lapse years ago...

I get the idea they don't really connect with the little guys, and don't go after smaller areas of the country when they come up with the laws like 1639 in Washington.

I honestly don't know about 1639, but they did file a lawsuit (along with OOC) that halted a really nasty anti-gun bill from getting on the ballot here in Oregon.

InkedLCXGX7SUWZBB5CO52XYN3HDTTU.aspx_LI.jpg

I honestly don't know about 1639, but they did file a lawsuit (along with OOC) that halted a really nasty anti-gun bill from getting on the ballot here in Oregon.

I pretty much only know from what I read here. But I remember reading that Washingtonians were wondering how the NRA could not help out with that.

If they were to get rid of La Pierre they would get TWO more paying members from this house!
I would buy lifetime memberships for each of my kids if they got rid of him!
Not a phucking dime from me as long as Wayne and his $3k suits, $500 shoes and sycophant lackeys are on the payroll.... o_O
As a Patron Life Member and a life membership dating to the 80's, the NRA board needs to see and understand this. I'm not saying that he has not done any good for the organizations (many would and will on this thread) but if there is a way for him to gracefully leave without taking millions with him thanks to bankruptcy then let it happen. He has become a giant distraction that has painted a target on the organization. If the board does not see this by now they have no business being there.

IMHO

Where's all the loyal NRA fans now? 97% of our dues go to NOT lobbying for gun rights......and they're bankrupt? :confused:

One of their telemarketers call me today. I told her that they need to clean up their house before they get another dime. As a Patron member, I believe in and support the NRA mission, but they need get back to basics.

One of their telemarketers call me today. I told her that they need to clean up their house before they get another dime. As a Patron member, I believe in and support the NRA mission, but they need get back to basics.
They stopped calling me after I reminded them of Wayne's salary.
Not-for-profit? BS.

Here's an analogy as I see it: You need a bodyguard (for whatever reason) or you'll get robbed in the street. You've got this strong, young bodyguard who works his butt of. He's quick and tough, head on a swivel and ready for a good fight.

Fast forward a few years. You still NEED your bodyguard, but he's grown fat and lazy. He's too busy admiring himself in the mirror, enjoying his fancy clothes, jewelry, and high-powered connections. He's constantly asking for a raise, and reminding you how dangerous it is out there and how much you need him. He's the aging prize-fighter who seems more interested in padding his wallet than fighting for you anymore. Unfortunately you really do need him, or you really will get rolled in the street. Whattayado?

Under WLP, the NRA is this fat, lazy old fighter. Contrary to what the NRA haters here think, we REALLY do need the NRA, or we're going to get rolled. We might just get rolled anyhow unless we can get Wayne and Co. to go away, and get the NRA back into shape. They have the infrastructure and connections that are irreplaceable. Hopefully new leadership could trim the organization into a fit, strong, hungry fighter.

@CLT65. Nailed it. I have my qualms with the NRA, and then some. However, I continue support. Why? Well there are benefits and they do help with the shooting community. But the real reason is they are the ones that strike fear and loathing into the anti-gun crew's rotten little hearts.

Sure, I regularly financially support several other 2A/firearms groups (Second Amendment Foundation, American Suppressor Association, Oregon Outdoor Council, International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association, etc.) as well as pro-freedom organizations that aren't related to the RKBA, and will continue to do so. For all their myriad problems, the NRA is still a bulwark against unconstitutional legislation. Here's hoping we can get the house cleaned up — now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top