JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So no more Cam & Company? No more Colion?
This is disturbing. Is Wayne purging the NRA?
ETA:
I just got an e-mail from Wayne LaPierre:

Dear NRA Instructor,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing "live TV" programming. Whether and when we return to "live" programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org – your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA's singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA's core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

– Wayne

Wayne probably gave himself a raise and now they can't afford it. I just renewed my yearly yesterday, now I know where it went. :rolleyes:

I have to disagree with most of the members. I have found very little benefit to NRATV and am glad to see them go. As far as the rest of Ackerman McQueen's benefit to the NRA, we will have to wait and see. I do agree that the NRA needs to get their act together and have written several letters to the NRA threatening no more money until I see a positive change.

I never watched NRA TV, so don't personally care. But the dirty laundry and other chaos I've been seeing from the organization is concerning.

What would it take for the NRA to be as powerful as it is polarizing? This is not a knock it's my perception of the few times I've seen NRATV. They cater to the upscale market and ignore Joe Sixpack until they need him.

I've donated locally and even nationally to GOA but the NRA has behaved more like an exclusive club than a collective of gun owners defending their rights.

If NRATV couldn't pull me in, how were they going grab a none gun owning public? Hopefully they can rebrand or revamp their production and make a bigger impact.

If NRATV couldn't pull me in, how were they going grab a none gun owning public? Hopefully they can rebrand or revamp their production and make a bigger impact.
I think Colion Noir (sp) was a good start, but if you can get other gun channel guys I'd think it'd help...just spit balling here.

I think Colion Noir (sp) was a good start, but if you can get other gun channel guys I'd think it'd help...just spit balling here.

Colion (sp) is a good starting point but he is relatively new to firearms and the culture. In my opinion, this shows. You could argue, come along with his journey, but I think he needs a more experienced side kick. I have only been into guns about ten years and probably stepped it up a notch about five years ago. I would not and should not be the one to carry the weight of the gun culture. I am part of it but I have more to learn than to teach.

To their credit I think the NRA is trying to hit various demographics but, they should focus more on content. We say firearms are just a tool but often we make them more than that. If the NRA wants to take on the role of being the voice and face of firearms in America. We need to show more examples of WHY firearms and our rights are so important. Cold dead hands and good guy vs bad guy may be true and factual, but also falls on deaf ears.

Dear Wayne LaPierre....

0568AA97-586E-4490-BA50-D1DC5726133D.gif

Last Edited:
Dear Wayne LaPierre

Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2F26%2F2678c7699dcda9d01931be3a83f24410c5d62077e1060972260eb869c3104554.jpg

OK some or most know I am not a huge fan for a few years now of the NRA.
And this crap is why. For all that is holy, can we fire. Pepe Le Peu already.
He has done the least amount of just about anyone in the last 100 years to
futher guns right.
( Charlton Heston is turning over in his grave, thinking, all you had to do was not F-with what was layed out)
I want to be a member again, but not until they stop self inflicting their wounds.

The NRA was flying high during the Obama years (as was the firearms industry in general), so it's doubly amazing they've squandered record breaking membership and donation numbers so quickly.

Donor money was grossly mismanaged and the well has run dry. There will be a lot more things getting the axe at the NRA going forward.

Regardless of the scandals.
We need an NRA
5 million plus NRA members going their separate ways will be the end of our rights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top