JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is just Democrat Douchefascist Tactics 101: "Failing an outright ban, regulate things until they are de-facto banned by inability to comply with regulations."

I'd say Kreidler should go choke on a pungent brown fatty, but I don't have that kind of ill will toward arse-logs, which at least do useful work as fertilizer.

I have Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network Inc. membership myself. They are based in Washington State.

ACLDN

Or are the just targeting the NRA first before going after other companies that offer the somewhat same insurance?

Last Edited:
I have Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network Inc. membership myself. They are based in Washington State.

ACLDN

Or are the just targeting the NRA first before going after other companies that offer the somewhat same insurance?
My bet is that's exactly what's happening, go after the NRA head-on, try to crack the toughest nut first and then use precedent to tell USCCA/ACLDN/PDN "shut it down unless you want some of that too".

So it's basically like car insurance I pay every month .but if I drink and drive and cause a ACCEDENT.
My insurance doesn't cover me.
Great I get that .but if I pay for self-defense insurance.and I murder someone.
It doesn't cover me.
Great I get that .
But to say I can't buy insurance for a lawyer in advance of a self defense Shooting .
Well .I don't plan on drinking and driving eather.
So I don't need car insurance .
Because every ACCEDENT I get in will be the other guy or girls fault.right.
This is a political hit job on the NRA.

Yes, your car insurance will cover you if you get in an accident while DUI. I work in liability auto claims, and am working a claim right now where a kid pulled out in front of our insured (He was DUI) causing the accident. We actually gave 100% fault to the kid and denied his claim, and are paying to fix our insured car. Even if you caused the accident, we would cover you as your policy states.

The only reason we deny coverage is if you purposely tried to wreck your car, like suicide or wanted to get out from under the payments.

Last Edited:
Just got off the phone with USCCA. Their rep explained they are monitoring the situation closely and that my membership is still valid. Basically they said that since USCCA is a membership in a club that does many ither things than legal aid we should be good but time will tell.
I was not aware of the NRA Carry Guard issue, but I began some catch-up reading after calling USCCA today to find out why my credit card hadn't been charged for membership renewal in February. The simple answer, I discovered, is that I can no longer be covered in Washington. A polite conversation with Stephanie was followed by an informative email which encouraged wide dissemination on social media. I'll attempt to paste the text here.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Gary,

Thank you for taking time to talk with me this evening.

I understand it's frustrating that we cannot keep your USCCA membership active at this time. It breaks all of our hearts to have to tell you this as we're all in this together and wish we could keep you as a member. But the simple fact is that we're currently under investigation by the state of Washington's Office of the Insurance Commissioner.

In its preliminary findings, the Office of the Insurance Commissioner has taken the position that certain USCCA member benefits are illegal and against public policy. We totally disagree with their position and have responded to them accordingly. But, until the investigation is over, we have chosen to stop doing business in Washington to mitigate any fines and penalties they will assess and to preserve and protect our overall membership community.

While I will absolutely reach out to you personally upon us being able to accept new Washington members, Gary,
you can help us!
Right now, the state of WA has more than 500k concealed carry permit holders. Do whatever you can to let all of them know that the state's Insurance Commissioner doesn't believe in memberships like your USCCA membership and your right to defend yourself. Post on social media, at your gun range, and anywhere else you can think of to help get the word out. The biggest impact you can make is helping to inform every responsibly armed person in Washington that your right to defend yourself and those you love is under attack by the Insurance Commissioner.

Here is the info to contact the Office of the Insurance Commissioner:

Because we're committed to making sure you stay as prepared as possible. We're supplying you with a FREE year of our Concealed Carry Magazine and keep your Member Dashboard active so you can still access life-saving training videos and drills

Not only will I make sure you get these benefits for FREE, but you can also still:

• View our "Ask An Attorney" webinars
  • Watch our Live Training Broadcasts
  • Join and participate in our USCCA Online Community
  • Use our concealed carry reciprocity and state gun laws map
  • Use our 24/7 Member Service staff for any gun, gear or lifestyle questions
  • Get member-only discounts from industry partners

Feel free to reach out to me at any time, by email or phone call. Please, also reach out to your state and federal lawmakers and let them know you need the USCCA protecting you. Thank you so very much for being a loyal member of the USCCA family since 2014. Try to enjoy your weekend the best you can!

Thanks and stay safe,
Stephanie S.
Member Service Advisor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Edited:
This is a tough one for me. I don't have any sort of carry insurance, didn't even know it exists. I did contact Kreidler's office when a car extended maintenance policy I cancelled seemed to forget the last act; refund my unearned premium. They were on it like white on rice, got my refund. Insurance is a tightly regulated business in WA, if someone wants to sell insurance they have to register and jump through all the hoops, perhaps these guys missed a step.

There are only so many t's to cross and i's to dot when it comes to dealing with .gov, I'm sure Kreidler is being a dick but, sadly, being a .gov dick is kinda the ultimate dick.

This is not the first time a business has been slapped for selling insurance in WA without jumping the hoops, it won't be the last, this is just the latest.

Kreidler's two personal jihads are 1. stick it to anyone in the insurance business any chance he gets for as much as he can get--he's a Marxofascist through and through and if he had his way insurance would be "only available from the state and you can only get what coverage his office deems you worthy of"--and 2. do anything he can to destroy firearms ownership and the industry.

We need a federal ban on state gun laws.. States should have no rights to interfere with gun laws, just like they cannot decide which skin color or religion can sit in which restaurant or use which bathroom. A Bill of Rights is enforced at the federal level and states cannot tamper with such regulations unless there is such a provision for them to do so, which in the case of 1st and 2nd Amendment, there is certainly not! So, why are they doing so? We already went through this sh** in the 1960s and now we got to go through it again.. Send the Federal government over with National Guard or Marines and put these sh*tbags Inslee and Ferguson in jail if needed. There is no difference in infringing our gun rights as infringing our religious or rights based on our ethnicity.

I guess we need a President and Congress with enough backbone to stand up to the fascists in these states who think the Constitution is their personal piece of toilet paper they can wipe their a$$ with any time they feel the need to sh*t on the American people who are basically prisoners in their state.

Well all I can say is WASHINGTON STATE HAS PUT A TARGET ON THE BACK OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.
NOW THEY ARE AFTER US.
the law abiding people .
The ones that can DEFEND ourselves .
And back up a OFFICER.IN NEED OF HELP.

THIS IS WHERE WE NEED HEAD LAW ENFORCEMENT TO STEP UP.
AND SAY SOMETHING.
BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN.

WITCH MAKES IT EASY FOR ME TO SAY .
YOU COME TO MY HOUSE TO TAKE MY GUNS!

PACK A LUNCH

Come to my house to take my guns you better make sure your insurance is paid.

So...basically, you AND YOUR FAMILY will probably have to lbe financially destroyed, loose everything and go bankrupt. House, cars,...savings...college funds...everything...gone...unless you happen to have at least $100K+ liquid assets immediately available to get started, and your employer doesn't fire you.

Then maybe...just maybe... possibly years down the road...cross your fingers and hope for reimbursement.

Stellar plan...divide & conquer, dissuade, dissuade, dissuade....

Hard to believe how anti law-abiding-gun-owner this state has gone in the last 5 years.

Boss

So...basically, you AND YOUR FAMILY will probably have to lbe financially destroyed, loose everything and go bankrupt. House, cars,...savings...college funds...everything...gone...unless you happen to have at least $100K+ liquid assets immediately available to get started, and your employer doesn't fire you.

Then maybe...just maybe... possibly years down the road...cross your fingers and hope for reimbursement.

Stellar plan...divide & conquer, dissuade, dissuade, dissuade....

Hard to believe how anti law-abiding-gun-owner this state has gone in the last 5 years.

Boss
Yeah...
That about sums it up. Make it too scary for people to own a gun and try to bankrupt those who don't give up their right to self defense.

I don't think this is what the insurance covered. From the article it stated an upfront payment was made to cover defense costs. If that is true, then there is the problem. This is different than having a policy to reimburse you for attorney costs after the fact.

I agree it's an NRA hit job. If this was insurance for pretty much anything else I'd bet that all the state would have done is issued a cease and desist order and threaten with a fine if they continued.
my question now , would be, does having a lawyer on retainer, go against this ruling ?

Yes, your car insurance will cover you if you get in an accident while DUI. I work in liability auto claims, and am working a claim right now where a kid pulled out in front of our insured (He was DUI) causing the accident. We actually gave 100% fault to the kid and denied his claim, and are paying to fix our insured car. Even if you caused the accident, we would cover you as your policy states.

The only reason we deny coverage is if you purposely tried to wreck your car, like suicide or wanted to get out from under the payments.
Kinda confused, the DUI kid made a claim against your client that he hit? Nevertheless, the point the other guy was making, was if the law was consistent with this interpretation, then insurance can't cover an illegal act, so the DUI driver's insurance can't cover his accident, and your company would have to go after him personally. Obviously that's not how things work, they are just trying to make a special case for gun insurance when legally there is no special case. Seems like it would be pretty easy to change things around so it works like pre-paid legal services instead of insurance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top