JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The question is who to vote for to achieve this result.
If been a NAR Life member since the late 70's, but once the LaPierre cabal took control, I can't find it within myself financially support them.

He definitely needs to be thrown out on his ear, I'll give you that but to throw the baby out with the bathwater is always a terrible idea. Now we are seeing that support $$$ has tanked and the NRA will likely go the way of the Doo doo bird, is it worth it? Feel justified in your actions? Not attacking you personally.
Who's gonna pick up the slack? None of the Pro2A Orgs are the 800 pound gorilla in the room like the NRA was.
The reason that WL is still at the helm is because NRA members that are eligible to elect trustworthy board members who oppose WL "DON'T VOTE!!!"
Just like local, state and national elections, people who bltch, cry & complain to the heavens do not do their civic duty!!! That's the problem.

The reason that WL is still at the helm is because NRA members that are eligible to elect trustworthy board members who oppose WL "DON'T VOTE!!!"
Vote with your money. I let them know very clearly why I let my membership lapse years ago and never gave them a dime, every time they called me asking for donations or membership renewal. They stopped bugging me after I reminded them of WLP's salary and that I refuse to support his lavish lifestyle.

It's difficult to vote out a well-entrenched figure like WLP. It's mostly a matter of lack of organization. Meaning, you might be able to find replacements, but there would be a lack of agreement among factions enough to prevent any one of them from getting sufficient votes to unseat. Plus, all the baksheesh that WLP has handed out to his infighters has a reinforcing effect.

Lately I've been seeing political cartoons about the lack of new gun control measures coming from the federal level. In them, they sometimes show an allegorical representation of the NRA funding DC pols. I think perhaps many people still believe (or espouse for political reasons) that the NRA has a significant influencial position in DC. Which based on other news doesn't seem correct. The NRA membership has declined about 25% in the past five years, which has to cut into their revenue deeply. Accordingly, their contributions to US pols are down significantly over the same period. Talk about cash reserves doesn't square with the organization's borrowing.

Then there is the amount of money the NRA has been forced to pay to defend lawsuits. The bad press that WLP and the NRA have been getting over financial improprieties is widely known. It might explain at least in part why, at a time when gun ownership exploded in 2020-21, that NRA membership didn't grow accordingly.

For WLP, it's always been about the money. He's been a lobbying hack all his life. The NRA has been a gold mine for him and his hardest work has been political infighting to stay in power and keep his personal revenues and perks intact. Read what both Neal Knox and his son Jeff Knox have had to say about WLP, who isn't even really a gun guy. He's an operative.

The question is who to vote for to achieve this result.
If been a NAR Life member since the late 70's, but once the LaPierre cabal took control, I can't find it within myself financially support them.
I would renounce my membership, but many ranges require it. Unless you know the person on the ballot, there is no way of knowing who their alliances are with. Politics.

He definitely needs to be thrown out on his ear, I'll give you that but to throw the baby out with the bathwater is always a terrible idea. Now we are seeing that support $$$ has tanked and the NRA will likely go the way of the Doo doo bird, is it worth it? Feel justified in your actions? Not attacking you personally.
Who's gonna pick up the slack? None of the Pro2A Orgs are the 800 pound gorilla in the room like the NRA was.
Just like local, state and national elections, people who bltch, cry & complain to the heavens do not do their civic duty!!! That's the problem.
Then tell me who I should vote for, I don't know any of the choices personally

To the query: whom shall I vote for? The answer is always thus:

When in doubt, throw them out!

IOW: the incumbent, bar outstanding performance, should always be tossed out for any other option to include extremists from all sides.

Habitually electing the same familiar leaders* is what brought us to where we are today.

* used verrry loosely

Personally I believe WLP has 'something' over/on some of the other staff of the NRA and they are having to kiss his azz to keep him from 'rolling over' on them.

Literally the way he has acted over the years is reminiscent of some sort of 'organized' crime activity.

Personally I believe WLP has 'something' over/on some of the other staff of the NRA and they are having to kiss his azz to keep him from 'rolling over' on them.

Literally the way he has acted over the years is reminiscent of some sort of 'organized' crime activity.
Many years ago a buddy of mine told me: "I think WLP could just as easily flip over and be the Executive Director of Gun Control Inc. if the price was right."

Reminds me of the riverboat captain in The Outlaw Josie Wales. "A fellow in my line of work needs to be able to sing The Battle Hymn of the Republic and whistle Dixie with equal enthusiasm."

Can you imagine how damaging to the cause it would be to have him flip and say how wrong he was all of these years? Makes me shudder to think about it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top