JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was flipping through my NRA magazine of choice, "America's First Freedom" this morning. I came accross a article towards the beginning titled "Surrendering Our Sovereignty".

In the Article, they discuss the steps the Obama administration has taken to put our counrty under the thumb of the U.N. First, they submitted to the U.N. a report that "confesses to our human rights violations", and asks the UN to "question question our great nation on the issue". They make the case that this act "effectively unsealed the protections or our Constitution to the predations of the United Nations". Some of the countries that are on the board to review our atrocities include Zimbabwe, Sudan, Iran, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The second act by the administration was the reversal of Bush's position to U.N. mandated international gun control. Hillary stated that "The United States is committed to actively pursuing a strong and robust treaty that contains the highest possible, legally binding standards..."

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the Obama administration scrapping our soverignty, and bowing to the U.N. demands for gun control?

Recommended reading:
The Roots of Obama's Rage by Dinesh D'Souza.

The Roots of Obama's Rage reveals Obama for who he really is: a man driven by the anti-colonial ideology of his father and the first American president to actually seek to reduce America's strength, influence, and standard of living.

I was hoping to get input on this from our more left leaning friends. I constantly hear the complaining about the Bush administration, but I never hear their viewpoint on the issues with the current administration. Are these actions supported? Are they condemned, or are they just ignored?

I was hoping to get input on this from our more left leaning friends. I constantly hear the complaining about the Bush administration, but I never hear their viewpoint on the issues with the current administration. Are these actions supported? Are they condemned, or are they just ignored?

Yup, I read that article, and many others. I am one of the "lefties" here, usually stereotyped as a "liberal", but I am actually to the right of Genghis Kahn on many social issues. I am however very left on economic issues. The USA is governed by the rich, for the rich, and of the rich. It's the Golden Rule: those with the gold make the rules! All politics, laws and tax policies are twisted to serve the rich, at the expense of the working people, who are brainwashed into thinking this is right, and a force of nature rather than deliberate manipulation.

Here is where gun control comes in: the rich want the workers disarmed so that they cannot rise up and force change in the legal system that excludes them from real power, and cannot terrorize the playgrounds of the rich. The rich have bamboozled the "liberals" into fearing guns and armed people like the stereotyped "rednecks", and so the "liberals" generally support the gun control schemes in spite of the benefit to maintaining the rule of the rich. The rich foster this divide and conquer scheme to pit workers against each other over gun control. You can support either the party of the rich who want economic policies that enslave you, or the party of the less-rich with economic policies that serve the workers but who want to disarm you so you can be enslaved.

As for the Obama administration, this leftie is deeply disappointed and appalled by this latest move toward disarming civilians. From the beginning Obama's appointments of gun control proponents to posts in his administration clearly demonstrated his tendencies in this regard. But this new overture with the United Nations is a bit of a surprise---I had assumed that he would not try things like this until his second term and could be "contained" then! But it seems like he is accelerating this anti-gun agenda, perhaps realizing that he must be a one-term President.

Do I support most of Obama's economic issues and social campaigns? Hill, yes! Do support his gun control tendencies? Hill, NO! Do I condemn his gun control efforts? OH, HECK YA!.............................elsullo :huh:

Yup, I read that article, and many others. I am one of the "lefties" here, usually stereotyped as a "liberal", but I am actually to the right of Genghis Kahn on many social issues. I am however very left on economic issues. The USA is governed by the rich, for the rich, and of the rich. It's the Golden Rule: those with the gold make the rules! All politics, laws and tax policies are twisted to serve the rich, at the expense of the working people, who are brainwashed into thinking this is right, and a force of nature rather than deliberate manipulation.

Here is where gun control comes in: the rich want the workers disarmed so that they cannot rise up and force change in the legal system that excludes them from real power, and cannot terrorize the playgrounds of the rich. The rich have bamboozled the "liberals" into fearing guns and armed people like the stereotyped "rednecks", and so the "liberals" generally support the gun control schemes in spite of the benefit to maintaining the rule of the rich. The rich foster this divide and conquer scheme to pit workers against each other over gun control. You can support either the party of the rich who want economic policies that enslave you, or the party of the less-rich with economic policies that serve the workers but who want to disarm you so you can be enslaved.

As for the Obama administration, this leftie is deeply disappointed and appalled by this latest move toward disarming civilians. From the beginning Obama's appointments of gun control proponents to posts in his administration clearly demonstrated his tendencies in this regard. But this new overture with the United Nations is a bit of a surprise---I had assumed that he would not try things like this until his second term and could be "contained" then! But it seems like he is accelerating this anti-gun agenda, perhaps realizing that he must be a one-term President.

Do I support most of Obama's economic issues and social campaigns? Hill, yes! Do support his gun control tendencies? Hill, NO! Do I condemn his gun control efforts? OH, HECK YA!.............................elsullo :huh:

I am glad to see that! I posted this mainly to see if we could all find some common ground. My hope was that even the liberal among us would come out against the administration placing us in a position for the U.N. to govern us and our gun rights! That gives me hope!

I dont align myself anywhere politically. I see it all as a self serving wash out. (Which really isn't good tbh)

I do however see Obama's leanings towards inaction and his tendency to follow the direction of others a huge downfall.

While I would not call him the worst President ever.. He certain hasn't done much at all, even the things he said he would do..

Even then, in the end. The President of the US doesn't have as much power over things as some give him (someday her) credit for.

I really don't like that he'd let others even critisize openly "our Bill of Rights' 2nd Amendment". Thats like. "Hey guys.. My founding fathers for this country were dumb, and um.. Ya'll should help me rethink this thing here.."...

Totally ridiculous to even get outside input on it. Those people who've lost their way and don't remember why its there. Fine.. But to ask outsiders their input about it in a serious official manner.. /facepalm

the gov't already asked 13 foreign nations (and is letting them) to participate in the suit against Arizona. The gov't feels that International Law should dictate case law in the US.
Which is what the UN (and our present gov't) wants. How about UN troops on US soil enforcing civilian disarmament?

While I would not call him the worst President ever.

Well, I'm going to have to blame my history teachers for this, you mean to say that there was a president that was worse than Carter and Roosevelt? Or do you think Carter or Roosevelt was worse than Obama? Those three have to be the very worst, unless you are thinking of a president in the late 19th century who my teachers didn't teach me about.

I put Roosevelt between Carter (#3) and Obama (#1).

As for annoying, I think Carter is the very worst of all, because he keeps opening his yap even though most people feel he is certainly one of the worst presidents ever.

As for annoying, I think Carter is the very worst of all, because he keeps opening his yap even though most people feel he is certainly one of the worst presidents ever.

HAHAHAhahahahaaaa....... did you catch Carter recently answering a a question about his presidency, and him saying he was a superior president to the others we've had?

That right thar is FUNNY.... and proof he is an out of touch loon. :s0112:

Granted he is very old, and old people often get a bit loony, but he never understood his responsibility as president. A president doesn't have the luxury of running the country strictly according to his own personal world view, I understand that some Christians believe the scripture says "Thou shalt not kill", but anyone who's willing to investigate it will see that it says "Thou shalt not murder" in Hebrew.

Carter's misunderstanding of his role meant that our military got stripped to the bone, and we suffered for it because the Soviets took it as a go ahead on their plans for world domination. I literally thank God for Ronald Reagan who, by the grace of God, managed to undo Carter's stupidity.

If I'm governor, or president, I don't have any right to deny the people's best interests by being queasy about taking a life, or even a million lives if the situation requires it.

If you step up to the office you must accept all the responsibilities of that office. As an individual you may refuse to kill, but as president or governor when a murderer is up for execution you must have what it takes to sign the order. Otherwise, get a job doing something else.

If some country fires ten ICBM's at America that is the wrong time to find out that the current president doesn't have the guts to authorize a massive retaliation, and I think that's the situation we have right now.

He would grieve less about a million deaths in America than a thousand anywhere else.

How about UN troops on US soil enforcing civilian disarmament?

I do foresee this coming. This will be the start of the proverbial SHTF. There will be blood in the streets when this happens.

I Also see current admin. bringing in the UN to conduct "civilized" border control. I see that as foreign troops on our soil, again more blood in the streets.

Well, I'm going to have to blame my history teachers for this, you mean to say that there was a president that was worse than Carter and Roosevelt? Or do you think Carter or Roosevelt was worse than Obama? Those three have to be the very worst, unless you are thinking of a president in the late 19th century who my teachers didn't teach me about.

I put Roosevelt between Carter (#3) and Obama (#1).

+1 on that. :s0155:

I am a liberal and i do not condone this. With president bush it was giving away our rights and now with obama our sovereignty. Its a loose loose in my book. I was hoping for some health care reform as a business owner i saw my rates go up27% today and it sounds like my employees may no longer receive health care with costs going up $15,000 next year. We wont need sovereignty or our rights if we go back to the dark ages with health care.

It's the usual "UN is coming to take away our guns" scaremongering. When I looked up the report he quoted from it is the same UN report I read back in 2006 that talks about the right of national (not individual) self defense in the UN charter not guaranteeing the right for individuals to bear arms. The way he elided the quote obscures that of course. That report has been printing money for the NRA for four years!

Personally I think 90% of what the UN does is a waste of time but I don't lie in bed at night worrying about bureaucrats from Geneva coming to take my civil liberties. Maybe the UN is some use during a World War. Hopefully I won't be around to find out.

Globally the US is the odd man out with our beloved 2nd Amendment, and most first world countries think we are a bit crazy with all of our guns. It doesn't mean the UN can do a damn thing about it, but they can write their reports and recommendations all day and night for all I care. It's not like they wave a magic wand and turn UN reports into US laws.

Wayne even managed to squeeze George Soros in there as well. What's ironic is Soros was a major anti-communist and helped spur several Soviet satellite states into democracies, and now he's being painted as the left wing boogeyman by wingnuts like Glenn Beck. :s0114:

Note to Wayne: If you want to be more convincing, the Internet has these amazing things called links you can use to show us the reference where you got this scary info. Otherwise, I'll treat this just like the wacky chain emails I get from Aunt Millie.

What I don't understand about libs that are against gun contol and gun rights but open to all other lib policies which all lead back to loss of civil liberties and constitutional freedom. When you compartmentalize the gun thing and go with all other polices how you can not critically think it will not come full circle back.

"When the man does if for you he will do it to you".

Thanks for the link RVTECH, I was finally able to read the article. The OP made it pretty clear I needed to lock my doors as the UN was going to be running things here from now on. Sorry guys but I have to agree with 8ball here, when you remove the fear mongering and propaganda the article is long on baseless speculation and short on evidence. Also thanks to the article for letting the cat out of the bag on George Soros, I think the evidence is pretty clear he started WWII so he could become the puppet master of the newly formed UN which he would then use to convince his little Pinocchio son Barack Obama to hand over the keys to the country to the UN making him supreme allied commander of the US! At what point does common sense and critical thinking come back into play? Just as with George Bush, History will determine if Obama was a "good" president or not. But to think he is some willing part of a master scheme to end the United States of America forever is a bit much.

I do not fear the UN.

Hate it yes. But I do not fear it. I just foresee events transpiring that brings in the UN for other reasons, like border protection. I do not think they are crazy enough to come marching in straight for the gun.

However, diplomatic reasons, yes I see that and that is just as bad. Just as much blood and every bit as illegal.

But some just call me crazy....of to find my tinfoil hat.

What I don't understand about libs that are against gun contol and gun rights but open to all other lib policies which all lead back to loss of civil liberties and constitutional freedom. When you compartmentalize the gun thing and go with all other polices how you can not critically think it will not come full circle back.

"When the man does if for you he will do it to you".

From Expedia....

Liberal --
–adjective
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor.
given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation.
not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts.
of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top