JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys are siding with the ex-con in this scenario?

I guess the NRA truly is doomed.
Just curious, but have you read anything about WPL's relationship with Ackerman McQueen over the last 2-3 decades? If not, you really, really should.

Here's a link to a previous post of mine that links to a few different articles from Jeff Knox on the subject: (3rd post down)
National - NRA Dirty Laundry aired

I do find it amusing that the embezzler takes umbrage at extortion, but my concern is Oliver North's motive. If he's doing this to save the NRA, I support him wholeheartedly, but I'm also worried that he might be doing this so that he can take Wayne's position at the feed trough.

Please be sure to read up on Wayne's history with Ack-Mac, so you might have a better feel for who the real villians are.

Personally, I'll be rejoicing if Ollie pulls this off, and even more so if he adds Marion Hammer to the list.

My fear though is we'll end up in a "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" scenario. I don't know enough about Oliver North yet to trust him.

I know just enough to gauge my trust in the NRA. Or lack thereof.

I question the motives of those who repeatedly and rabidly denounce the NRA. Here are the facts that we KNOW about the NRA and two other popular gun groups. I say all the pro 2A groups are worth supporting.

Facts we know today: (from my comment in the NRA dirty laundry thread)

NRA revenue ~ $434 million (2016)
SAF revenues - ~4 or 5 million (2017)
GOA revenues - ~roughly 3 million (2016)

SOURCES:
NRA financial info: NRA releases financial statement showing revenue, expenses for 2016

SAF tax form: https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/SAF-2017-IRS-990-Tax-Form.pdf

GOA tax info: Nonprofit Explorer - ProPublica

NRA claims 80% of revenues went to program services (link above). That's a good percentage. Recently sent in my NRA dues and did include a note to clean up their act so they can continue to fight for our 2A rights. I think the IRS is going to give them some "assistance" in cleaning up their act. ;)

Ackerman - McQueen? They are a PR/publishing/marketing firm the NRA uses for obvious purposes. The NRA is not in the PR/publishing/marketing business - they hire that out so they can focus on pro-2A work. They are doing A LOT of that and everyone of us who believes in the 2A is benefiting greatly from their work.

From what I've read, Jeff Knox's father apparently was, or thought he was, treated badly by the NRA. Jeff may be totally legit in bashing the NRA and hoping for nothing more than to get them to clean up their act so they remain strong, but I don't know him so can't say if that's his motivation or not. It could also be that he is angry at what he thinks the NRA did to his dad and wants revenge. Bottom line - we have no choice except to support them if we want to have any chance at keeping our 2A rights. Today, even with the NRA, our 2A rights are hanging by a thread. You folks in CA and WA know this all too well, and we are going to know it soon in OR.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top