JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just heard on the radio that Ollie won't be seeking another term as NRA president because Pepe' LaPierre sent him a memo stating that if he did that he would release damaging information about him. Apparently the board sided with LaPierre and encouraged Ollie not to seek another term. I hope that Ollie writes a tell all when he gets out of there.

Just heard on the radio that Ollie won't be seeking another term as NRA president because Pepe' LaPierre sent him a memo stating that if he did that he would release damaging information about him. Apparently the board sided with LaPierre and encouraged Ollie not to seek another term. I hope that Ollie writes a tell all when he gets out of there.

Was that on the Rachel Madcow Radio Show? :) :) :)

Actually, according to LaPierre in a Bretibart article, Ollie asked him to resign with a threat of extortion if he didn't. LaPierre refused. Good article:

NRA Power Struggle: Wayne LaPierre Rallies Support to Remain CEO

This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion by antis who hate the NRA because they are powerful 2A supporters, and because they helped the president beat HRC. And most importantly, because of this:

"Multiple board members in Indianapolis expressed to Breitbart News on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday that everyone agrees the organization must resolve this internal issue quickly because the NRA has an irreplaceable role to play in the 2020 election cycle....."

So if the 80% figure is false due to sweetheart deals and self-dealing, then the NRA is the most powerful anti-gun lobby out there. If the allegations are true, it absorbs almost all the money that could be used to protect, defend, and extend 2A rights, and redirects that into the pockets of a few people thus actively subtracting from our ability to support the 2A. That's an anti-2A act.

I question the motives of those who don't want to see an independent audit so that we can ascertain whether the NRA is helping the 2A or actively hindering it. If the 80% figure is real -- I'll donate in a heartbeat and renew. If it is false, I'll continue donating elsewhere. Not because I have anti-2A sentiments -- but because I support the 2A.

I've seen no allegations that might even come close to absorbing "...almost all the money that could be used to protect, defend, and extend 2A rights.....".

Their revenues are 300-400 million, maybe higher. Do you have numbers indicating that nearly 300 million dollars are being squandered each year by the NRA? I have my doubts they are squandering anything like that much.

There may be several tens of millions being squandered, but I have seen NO actual numbers that are being squandered. I think they pay Ackerman-McQueen something like $40 million for publishing, marketing, fundraising types of work. Maybe the work they do is only worth 20 or 30 million (wild guess for argument purposes only), but that is a far cry from squandering 300 million. A few of the top dogs make salaries of near or slightly over 1 million. Again, a drop in the bucket.

This whole thing is an orchestrated effort by antis (using the words of Jeff Knox who MAY be acting out of revenge) to destroy the NRA, and the 2A, and based on the comments in this, and other threads, it's working like a charm. Perhaps the antis are smarter than our side. They smell blood in the water and they are going in for the kill. And many on our side are helping them.

They are, it is just antis have infringed. Machine guns and battleships are arms that by wording and intent are constitutionally protected.
FB_IMG_1522941969180-505378.jpg second-amendment-comic1.png

I've seen no allegations that might even come close to absorbing "...almost all the money that could be used to protect, defend, and extend 2A rights.....".

Their revenues are 300-400 million, maybe higher. Do you have numbers indicating that nearly 300 million dollars are being squandered each year by the NRA? I have my doubts they are squandering anything like that much.

There may be several tens of millions being squandered, but I have seen NO actual numbers that are being squandered. I think they pay Ackerman-McQueen something like $40 million for publishing, marketing, fundraising types of work. Maybe the work they do is only worth 20 or 30 million (wild guess for argument purposes only), but that is a far cry from squandering 300 million. A few of the top dogs make salaries of near or slightly over 1 million. Again, a drop in the bucket.

This whole thing is an orchestrated effort by antis (using the words of Jeff Knox who MAY be acting out of revenge) to destroy the NRA, and the 2A, and based on the comments in this, and other threads, it's working like a charm. Perhaps the antis are smarter than our side. They smell blood in the water and they are going in for the kill. And many on our side are helping them.
download (15).jpeg

I love the fact that you're okay with the NRA squandering money, as long as it's not that much money. Similarly, you seem to be fine with Ack-Mac overcharging the NRA for goods and services, because it's a drop in the bucket.

Do you feel the same about theft and embezzlement? Is it okay as long as the victim can afford it?

I say dig up Jimmy Hoffa and let him run the NRA. He might have been a crooked mafia boss, but he did get things done.
Jimmy Jr is alive and kickin. Met him when he was running for reelection. Still is the president of the Teamsters.
His salary is around $300K a year with a net worth of 2 mil. Kinda does make our NRA boss look like he's milking us:mad:

Last Edited:
Was that on the Rachel Madcow Radio Show? :) :) :)

Actually, according to LaPierre in a Bretibart article, Ollie asked him to resign with a threat of extortion if he didn't. LaPierre refused. Good article:

NRA Power Struggle: Wayne LaPierre Rallies Support to Remain CEO

This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion by antis who hate the NRA because they are powerful 2A supporters, and because they helped the president beat HRC. And most importantly, because of this:

"Multiple board members in Indianapolis expressed to Breitbart News on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday that everyone agrees the organization must resolve this internal issue quickly because the NRA has an
irreplaceable role to play in the 2020 election cycle....."
No, heard it on the news blurb on AM970.

View attachment 573910

I love the fact that you're okay with the NRA squandering money, as long as it's not that much money. Similarly, you seem to be fine with Ack-Mac overcharging the NRA for goods and services, because it's a drop in the bucket.

Do you feel the same about theft and embezzlement? Is it okay as long as the victim can afford it?

You don't know whether they are overcharging or not. You do not know one fact about it. I don't either. Only the forensic accountants will know if they review the books. Over charging is not necessarily a crime. Different vendors charge different prices for the same product. Sometimes the cheapest deal isn't the best option. Don't try to extend the argument to unrelated crimes that have nothing to do with the NRA.

I do know this: The NRA is the ONLY reason YOU have a right to own ANY guns today. Without them, none of us would have them. I also know this: YOU are bashing the NRA as hard as you can over and over and over and over. You are helping the antis to destroy our biggest ally in the fight to save our 2A rights. Try to look at the big picture; the long game as someone else called it.

It is my belief that we must keep the NRA No other group has the membership or organization to fight for our Second Amendment rights that the NRA has. We need to clean house somehow but me must keep the NRA functioning. There's too much at stake not to.

Well, if we could figure out how to clean up the NRA and get them to work for us, like they're being paid to do, then maybe the next step can be DC.

Being too optimistic?

I want a bigger, stronger NRA, too--in fact, I hope to see a day when the NRA and counterpart orgs Up North partner to coordinate legal and political strategy on both sides of the border--but the fact remains that we need to set OUR house in order. Not Wayne's house, not Marion Hammer's house, it's OUR house--and we need to get the NRA Charter OUT of New York's jurisdiction before Bloomer realizes that jurisdiction can be weaponized to shut us down.

My sources say that the shakeup is constant arguments over issues they cannot resolve including:

* Which caliber for bear defense?
* Glock or 1911?
and
* Carry on empty chamber or full chamber?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top