JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you listen to National Public Radio (NPR)?

• Yes

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • In small doses. It's all I can stand.

Votes: 25 20.2%

• Total voters
Total government funding of NPR (Fed,State,and Local) is only 5% as of 2013 (Source:Public Radio Finances)
View attachment 317165

I'm not a fan of public funding (using tax dollars) of just about anything, regardless of the amount. With the exorbitant national debt we're under, we need to cut funding - a lot of funding, to a lot of programs.

I'm just one of those that thinks government should be highly restricted to only the barest of necessities to keep our country running. Beyond that, let private businesses, private entities and groups fund the things they think are important - and do so because they want to, not because they're forced to. I know many would disagree with that point of view, but that is my POV.

I'm not a fan of public funding (using tax dollars) of just about anything, regardless of the amount. With the exorbitant national debt we're under, we need to cut funding - a lot of funding, to a lot of programs.

I'm just one of those that thinks government should be highly restricted to only the barest of necessities to keep our country running. Beyond that, let private businesses, private entities and groups fund the things they think are important - and do so because they want to, not because they're forced to. I know many would disagree with that point of view, but that is my POV.
There are so many things government does that private enterprise or charity can do better. And that's not even the point. They don't belong in most of the things they control. We need police, courts and interstate highways. And occasionally, a military. Maybe someone to represent the will of the people to other nations, but that's it. I'm thinking that might be 5% of the current local, state and federal government as it stands today. Maybe less. I don't expect that we'll ever get back to that though.

There are so many things government does that private enterprise or charity can do better. And that's not even the point. They don't belong in most of the things they control. We need police, courts and interstate highways. And occasionally, a military. Maybe someone to represent the will of the people to other nations, but that's it. I'm thinking that might be 5% of the current local, state and federal government as it stands today. Maybe less. I don't expect that we'll ever get back to that though.

Oh yes, every time I deal with my health insurance company I thank my lucky stars that I don't have to deal with some inefficient unhelpful bureaucrat wasting buckets of money and denying my claim. Whew! Yay, private enterprise!
Eat your hearts out all you poor sickly Canadians dropping like flies all over the place... 'murica!

Oh yes, every time I deal with my health insurance company I thank my lucky stars that I don't have to deal with some inefficient unhelpful bureaucrat wasting buckets of money and denying my claim. Whew! Yay, private enterprise!
Eat your hearts out all you poor sickly Canadians dropping like flies all over the place... 'murica!
Cute. I would blame that on over-regulation and lack of competition before free enterprise.

I listen to podcasts.. I really miss Gun Dudes Radio though. Sundays or during the week i catch up on Tom Gresham Gun Talk, "God and Guns", "This week in guns", Michael Bane Down range Radio", NRA News... then i have my other side of Joe Rogan Experience as well as DC/Marvel shows/movie reviews.

Cute. I would blame that on over-regulation and lack of competition before free enterprise.

More precisely, I blame it (largely although not entirely) on collusion between "private enterprise" and their bought off shills in government that give them those monopolies.
DISCLAIMER: My previous post was written shortly after filling out pages of stupid paperwork for aforementioned "private" insurance. I was in a surly mood.

More precisely, I blame it (largely although not entirely) on collusion between "private enterprise" and their bought off shills in government that give them those monopolies.
DISCLAIMER: My previous post was written shortly after filling out pages of stupid paperwork for aforementioned "private" insurance. I was in a surly mood.
I find your latest post more "Sir"ly and far less surly. ;) And you make a good point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top