JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed> Enters Online Firearms Sales Market

RE_FH_030115_GenNewStore-660x244.jpg
For the most part, internet-based sales of firearms has been limited to a few large players and many, many small ones. With FFLs abound willing to do the transfers and options like GunBroker, the market has been democratized quickly, but there has yet to be a large player offering online sales and local-pick up across the country… until now.

Announced on Monday, <broken link removed> has outlined that it will begin to sell firearms online with free shipping to a store. With 82 locations nationwide, all located in or near major metropolitan areas, the chain has significant reach and when combined with their buying power, has the potential to drive down prices (though with their focus on high-margin products, I doubt they will use the opportunity).

The policy does not yet offer the ability to ship firearms to FFLs other than Cabela's stores. While I can understand the reasoning given Cabela's focus on in-store environments, its hard to reconcile with the increasing volume of sales made through online outlets and the fact that Cabela's will ship <broken link removed> and other items straight to the home.

Still, its a solid start for the outdoors chain. With the aforementioned buying power, they have access to many hard-to-find or hard-to-source firearms that small dealers (such as myself) cannot buy due to demand.

I like that they are taking this position, especially in an election year. It's time for more pro-gun movement among businesses and organizations.

We need to be on the offensive, making the rules of engagement and dictating what the battlefield will look like. For far too long the tables have been turned against our pro-gun civil rights...

With universal BCGs places like this have to compete, but for them they will drown in their high prices. Just like every other markert. Brick and mortor stores are losing to cheaper online sales.

That's why Amazon is king.

But unless they drop their prices places like budsgunshop.com will kill them.

As convenient as Cabelas think they are becoming, they still are left at the gate, while others excel. Availability or not, they won't touch the small shops due to their exuberant prices. I see Cabelas as the "last stop, gotta have it now, shop". I go in Cabelas to fondle and slobber.

Come to think of it, I've never used my "Cabelas Club" credit card since I got it two years ago!

I would think that with their size of company that they could get good discounts on firearms because of bulk buying.

They live off of the non Internet savy hunters and the like that want to have what they buy in hand same day - and they can afford the prices...

They might be a little late to the party.

As convenient as Cabelas think they are becoming, they still are left at the gate, while others excel. Availability or not, they won't touch the small shops due to their exuberant prices. I see Cabelas as the "last stop, gotta have it now, shop". I go in Cabelas to fondle and slobber.

Come to think of it, I've never used my "Cabelas Club" credit card since I got it two years ago!
I'm kinda in the "so what? Too expencive,I 'shop' there"
camp also.
They won't beat Buds prices so all they'll get is the rich guy building up points

I DO watch their sales and incentives. None of them luring enough for me to "splurge"
Some of my friends really brag it up with, it was in stock! It sure was, 1/3rd - 1/2 more than anywhere else because you had to have it NOW. No thanks.

There was a time I considered buying a new safe at Cabelas. I waited, and found the same thing for far less than half retail. My motto, it never pays to get in a hurry if you don't need to.

Wifey uses her card to pay various bills for the points, then uses the points to bring on-line purchases more in to line price wise.

I'm glad to see them make this move, if for nothing more than to help further bolster the firearm sales options out there. And I'm for anything that grows the industry. I likely won't use them because of their prices, but if they run a special that is a really good deal, I may give them another look.

I am new to the Cabelas game. To me they are the Macy's of sports shopping. Higher end prices for the same stuff elsewhere. Their new & used gun prices are just too high. But I have been tempted a few times.

Sure I feel a little special each time I go there but I spent $120 less for the same used Sig at Kieth's and $75 for a new sig at Fishermans Marine. For me that's real money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top