Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Now who looks stubborn and inflexible?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Anti-gunners not interested in talking, says new book preview

A new book scheduled for release next week reportedly says that the Obama administration preferred “politics over policy” when it “ignored a willingness by the gun lobby to help in the fight against illegal guns and gun violence,” the Washington Examiner – no connection to this column – is reporting today.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anti-gunners-not-interested-talking-says-new-book-preview

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Damn Examiner and their crazy pop-up and auto-play ads! ARG!

3. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

Dave Workman needs to find a better sponsor. I like reading his articles but fighting thru the Examiner spam and pop-ups gets really old really fast.

iusmc2002, Norm0931, pchewn and 2 others like this.
  4. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

The damn link is stubborn!!! I am not replacing my computer due to some crazy pop up virus.

5. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

I run Firefox with Ghostery and see no popups whatsoever.

pakrat57, bnsaibum and Redcap like this.
  6. soberups

One trick to getting through the Examiner spam is to access the site with a smartphone using the Tapatalk app.

7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

As soon as it opens press the ESCAPE button...it stops the page from loading anything else...

Three Bars and etrain16 like this.
  8. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

That is awesome. I will now read Dave's stuff again, although still not from a phone or tablet.

9. soberups

Its too bad that reading Dave's articles has turned into something resembling an electronic prison break, with us inmates exchanging information on how to fool and trick the guards.

Nesser VanNessers and 40calruler like this.
  10. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

All of us here on the forum stay fairly well informed, and do so by reading articles like this...Now the tricky part is how to get these publications in front of the Low Information Voters.

Once again, thanks for the link Dave.......pop ups and all.

11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Interesting, I just read this article and like all the others no popups! I've never had one on Dave's pages. On an old iPad with no anti-anything ware.

bnsaibum likes this.
  12. 40calruler

Lots of smart pretty girls with guns begging for the right will get the mens vote. Now if there was only a sort of girl that is attractive and willing to do something on camera for money....Oh well maybe someday.
    I realize that is not proper education but how many people that vote really even hear any news other than believing everything a certain network tells them. Maybe cute girls will make them put their ice cream down and listen to them.

13. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

My desk top may be partly responsible for the pop ups being that it's in need of a tune up.
    And as luck will have it my IT guy's on vacation, and when he returns he'll be tied up with his commercial accounts for a week or so.

14. Riot

The only issue you'll experience is if there are any videos on the page...

15. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice! That did work - makes reading them much easier. I like Dave's stuff, just not killing all the pop-ups. Good to know.

16. 40calruler

Thanks Riot, I went back and hit escape and it stopped all the pop ups and redirects I got the first time.

17. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Considering the other side has ladies like Dianne Feinstein and Hillary Clinton championing their position, it's amazing they get any votes - yeeesh :confused:

Three Bars likes this.
  18. Riot

No problem guys, Dave is one of the few people I actually get excited about when I see him on the TV or get to hear him talk at rallies (seriously Dave, what's with the bow-ties?). He's one of the few journalists that actually speak up and not just toe the political line...regardless of the things I do or do not agree with (like his stance on Marijuana) he is one of the few good journalists that we have left....

And he's on our side! Woo-hoo!

etrain16 likes this.
  19. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Uhhh... you need to pay closer attention. You have me confused with Alan Gottlieb. He wears bow ties. I don't wear ties at all if I can get away with it.

Do I have a stance on marijuana? I've just advised people that if you have guns, you better not have pot. And Vice Versa.

20. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Your picture on examiner has you with a bow tie Dave. It's on the left side of all of your articles. You really do need to find a new media outlet though. The ad spam that examiner has as well as the stigma of being basically a fake news site for blogs really gives new readers a bad impression. I linked a buddy one of your articles and his first response was, "I didn't even read it cause of all the pop ups and, really bro? the examiner?" You are a good journalist, you deserve better representation.

soberups likes this.