JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
EW candidate's gun giveaway offer pays off with publicity

There are more than a few raised eyebrows in Eastern Washington over Congressional candidate Clint Didier's offer to give away three firearms, reported yesterday by the Tri-City Herald and today by the Yakima Herald-Republic.

<broken link removed>

If I am ever foolish enough to run for public office I will raffle off as many guns as I can. It's a great publicity stunt!

FWIW, I wish he would have raffled off guns that weren't full of nanny-state 'safety' features. The LC9 has a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety, plus a manual safety. Blech...

If I am ever foolish enough to run for public office I will raffle off as many guns as I can. It's a great publicity stunt!

FWIW, I wish he would have raffled off guns that weren't full of nanny-state 'safety' features. The LC9 has a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety, plus a manual safety. Blech...

OK, I give up. What's wrong with a loaded chamber indicator? What's wrong with a manual safety?

I'm not keen on mag disconnects.

I can't believe this would raise any eyebrows at all in Tri-Cities. Their local 1000 yard range is a county park after all.

And it is a great shooting area! Everybody on NWFA should try to go there once. The wind can really blow, but it is so much fun shooting at steel targets at 450 and 1,000 yards. Non-members only pay $10, skeet is only $4.

www.tcsa.info

OK, I give up. What's wrong with a loaded chamber indicator? What's wrong with a manual safety?I'm

I'm not keen on mag disconnects.

LCI's and magazine disconnects are California requirements that are forced upon the rest of us by Ruger because they're too lazy to make models without those "features". At least S&W gives you the option on their M&P's.

" Never did understand why they put a mag disconnect safety on the Hi Power ".
-

Magazine Trigger Disconnect Mechanism . Because people DON'T rack the Slide to check if there is one in the Pipe .

example:
Olm pulled the trigger, firing the fatal shot that struck Pedersen above the eye.
Olm told police that
..."there wasn't a magazine in the handgun ".

when he showed it to the boys. He also admitted that he did not work the action to check it or clear it to ensure there wasn't a round in the chamber.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top