Now, THIS is a great Campaign gimmick!

Dave Workman

Reactions
EW candidate’s gun giveaway offer pays off with publicity

There are more than a few raised eyebrows in Eastern Washington over Congressional candidate Clint Didier’s offer to give away three firearms, reported yesterday by the Tri-City Herald and today by the Yakima Herald-Republic.

<broken link removed>

Reactions
If I am ever foolish enough to run for public office I will raffle off as many guns as I can. It's a great publicity stunt!

FWIW, I wish he would have raffled off guns that weren't full of nanny-state 'safety' features. The LC9 has a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety, plus a manual safety. Blech...

OP
Dave Workman

Dave Workman

Reactions
If I am ever foolish enough to run for public office I will raffle off as many guns as I can. It's a great publicity stunt!

FWIW, I wish he would have raffled off guns that weren't full of nanny-state 'safety' features. The LC9 has a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety, plus a manual safety. Blech...

OK, I give up. What's wrong with a loaded chamber indicator? What's wrong with a manual safety?

I'm not keen on mag disconnects.

Reactions
OK, I give up. What's wrong with a loaded chamber indicator? What's wrong with a manual safety?I'm

I'm not keen on mag disconnects.
LCI's and magazine disconnects are California requirements that are forced upon the rest of us by Ruger because they're too lazy to make models without those "features". At least S&W gives you the option on their M&P's.

Reactions
" Never did understand why they put a mag disconnect safety on the Hi Power ".
-

Magazine Trigger Disconnect Mechanism . Because people DON'T rack the Slide to check if there is one in the Pipe .

example:
Olm pulled the trigger, firing the fatal shot that struck Pedersen above the eye.
Olm told police that
..."there wasn’t a magazine in the handgun ".

when he showed it to the boys. He also admitted that he did not work the action to check it or clear it to ensure there wasn’t a round in the chamber.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom