JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I go to the store, I have my list of powders I have used, and a list of powders that 'should' be fine. Get what you can if they have it.

Also order online and pickup in store if you can.

This might be a little different than the last time around (election related) because there is likely Covid related delays, but there surely isn't that much more shooting going on than normal. I believe there are many people "stocking up" or hoarding and this stuff will hit the market eventually. If one wasn't prepared to weather the storm, now is a good time to sit on your hands and wait. Either that or prepare to spend huge amounts of cash.
I know the .22 shortage was unnecessarily extended because of people like me that when it started showing up again on shelves at sane prices, I grabbed a bunch so I wouldn't get caught with my pants down again.

I suspect it will be much worse this time and when/if primers and other components are ever back in stock, they will be in extreme high demand until they are banned by the democrats.

The very notion that common people can manufacture their own ammo goes against everything the democrats stand for, so I expect them to ban the practice as soon as they grab enough power.

Went to BiMart today, no primers but they had a good amount of .308 with no limits posted. So I politely bought just 2 boxes and left the rest for others. I'm such a nice guy. :D

H1000 and Retumbo will be a no go for quite some time as the military is taking most of it. So if you want an alternative try Big Game, the burn rates are close.

I still haven't heard what powder(s) people are looking for. Post what your needs are, others on here might be able to help you out.

Before all of this guns and ammo related panic was happened, I shot once a month, maybe 150-250 rds of rifle/pistol combined. In the last two months I've probably shot 2-3x as much, at least double normally what I use up in target practice and drills. It might be time to chill out and go back to shooting once a montn again.

My husband has been shooting 5 to 6 times per week. RF and CF shooting.

He did shoot LESS rounds in RF and CF ammunition the last few times that he went to the range.

He is retired so he has the time to do this and it gets him out in the mountains.

Take care.

Cate

H1000 and Retumbo will be a no go for quite some time as the military is taking most of it. So if you want an alternative try Big Game, the burn rates are close.

I still haven't heard what powder(s) people are looking for. Post what your needs are, others on here might be able to help you out.
Varget is a high demand product.

Our range has been not been that crowded according to my husband.

He did see some training going on not too long ago.

He did see some people get ready for hunting season.

But other than that... it has been pretty empty.

He does see one or two friends there on a pretty regular basis.

Western Montana Fish & Game Association - The WMFG is a membership based organization that privately owns and operates the Deer Creek Shooting Center in East Missoula Montana (wmfga.org)

Our range never 'shut down' too.

Other places all across this state (ALL across this nation too!) have shut down, have reduced hours and/or have gone out of business aka GONE BROKE due to this 'virus' salami and severe restrictions IMPOSED upon small to large businesses.

Old Lady Cate

Varget is a high demand product.

This is true.

Cate
Disclaimer: I do not reload but my MT husband has reloaded since the early 70's. Varget is one of the powders that he does use. I know some other people who use it too.

Added more.

Last Edited:

I am not in dire need of a lot but I'm looking for H322, W296 or H110 for now. Any help out there???:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top