JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems like a month ago, yes, primers were none to be had. But powder was mostly available. Now, I check online and powder is gone everywhere. I just checked Powder Valley, no IMR powder of any kind is available. Hodgdon, of four pages, the only centerfire powder available was H110.

Is this a development of fallout from the election?

Which makes me wonder, what are Powder Valley employees (for example) doing with their time? Getting laid off or is there a secret, back channel website where they actually do sell to select customers? Thinking aloud, not really serious about the secret web site.

It seems like a month ago, yes, primers were none to be had. But powder was mostly available. Now, I check online and powder is gone everywhere. I just checked Powder Valley, no IMR powder of any kind is available. Hodgdon, of four pages, the only centerfire powder available was H110.

Is this a development of fallout from the election?

Which makes me wonder, what are Powder Valley employees (for example) doing with their time? Getting laid off or is there a secret, back channel website where they actually do sell to select customers? Thinking aloud, not really serious about the secret web site.
Regarding employees, lots of sweeping

Yep. Next projectiles.
I haven't been able to find Hornady XTPs in 9mm or .401 since March, locally or online. I've received a couple of orders from RMR so am in good shape for bullets.

Powder was mostly available locally until October, and I bought extra when possible. I have at least a couple of years worth. Now, it is all gone.

This was, oh, about a month ago at the Sportsman's off 185th and the 26:

62613512789__94F99B17-65A7-4002-AA4E-51367E5330F7.jpg

It comes and goes in waves. I don't know where you've been, but it's been full on panic buying for well over a month now. Talk with your local store employees, find out when the deliveries are being made, check back early and often.

Oh, and bring a spouse or friend since it's 1 jar per person per day.

I was at the local gun store a week or so ago and they had plenty of powder (I was looking at 8 lb kegs, they had lots of 1 lb cannisters of powder too) on the shelf, but mostly Hodgdon as usual, but not seriously looking at powders, just a walk by to check what was available and prices which were normal. .22s were limited to three boxes, bulk pack or single boxes, had LOTS of .22 ammo.

The local Wally had several boxes of Winchester and Federal bulk packs, no limits posted, but getting help (help at Walmart?! What was I thinking?!) wasn't going to happen in any sort of time frame (this year at least) so I left.

I just got my regular powder shipment yesterday with no back orders. It took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered it even with the holiday. Primers are a different story all together.

I just got my regular powder shipment yesterday with no back orders. It took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered it even with the holiday. Primers are a different story all together.

Without primers .......... the powder falls out the bottom. o_O

Before all of this guns and ammo related panic was happened, I shot once a month, maybe 150-250 rds of rifle/pistol combined. In the last two months I've probably shot 2-3x as much, at least double normally what I use up in target practice and drills. It might be time to chill out and go back to shooting once a montn again.

This was, oh, about a month ago at the Sportsman's off 185th and the 26:

View attachment 786078

It comes and goes in waves. I don't know where you've been, but it's been full on panic buying for well over a month now. Talk with your local store employees, find out when the deliveries are being made, check back early and often.

Oh, and bring a spouse or friend since it's 1 jar per person per day.
Oh man I wish I would of seen this post sooner I have been looking for H1000 for awhile now

This might be a little different than the last time around (election related) because there is likely Covid related delays, but there surely isn't that much more shooting going on than normal. I believe there are many people "stocking up" or hoarding and this stuff will hit the market eventually. If one wasn't prepared to weather the storm, now is a good time to sit on your hands and wait. Either that or prepare to spend huge amounts of cash.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top