JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just sharing a pic of the biggest trout taken out of "Trout Heaven" hole, 22.4 lbs per digital scale. This was back in Mid-June, and my brother and I hooked a good 100 fish in a 3 day period. Lost quite a few that just couldn't be slowed down. I'm moving to a small ranch only 2 miles from this spot, so I will no longer have to drive hundreds of miles to have the best fishing I have ever experienced, even having been a successful Columbia River Guide for many years. Heaven on earth for sure. 20200617_153030.jpg

Just sharing a pic of the biggest trout taken out of "Trout Heaven" hole, 22.4 lbs per digital scale. This was back in Mid-June, and my brother and I hooked a good 100 fish in a 3 day period. Lost quite a few that just couldn't be slowed down. I'm moving to a small ranch only 2 miles from this spot, so I will no longer have to drive hundreds of miles to have the best fishing I have ever experienced, even having been a successful Columbia River Guide for many years. Heaven on earth for sure.View attachment 752794

Tell us where so we can keep the secret safe from others ;)

It's an area several miles upstream from Bridgeport boat launch on the north side. Creek inlet with HUGE rocks all over the bottom. Found it by needing to let my dog out for a leg stretch, then saw the huge rocks all over the bottom in 25 ft of water. The lunkers really seem to like those rocky areas where the current rips through. I don't troll for them, but rather toss big baits past the rocks, then rip/jerk them in... Hold on, cause those huge triploids know how to use the rocks to their advantage. I think the Mike's crawdad scent helps too. I had one bruiser actually take a 12" native trout while I was reeling it in, I could see it in it's mouth. Most of those I keep for eating/smoking were stuffed with crawdads and snails.

I just wish I would have caught the girth, and, the fish was actually flopping it's tail when I clicked the photo, so the tail is actually bending back so it looks shorter. I'm hoping to mount a 25 lb'er or bigger someday. :D

Just sharing a pic of the biggest trout taken out of "Trout Heaven" hole, 22.4 lbs per digital scale. This was back in Mid-June, and my brother and I hooked a good 100 fish in a 3 day period. Lost quite a few that just couldn't be slowed down. I'm moving to a small ranch only 2 miles from this spot, so I will no longer have to drive hundreds of miles to have the best fishing I have ever experienced, even having been a successful Columbia River Guide for many years. Heaven on earth for sure.View attachment 752794

That ain't a trout....

it's a TUMOR!! :eek:

;):D

It's an area several miles upstream from Bridgeport boat launch on the north side. Creek inlet with HUGE rocks all over the bottom. Found it by needing to let my dog out for a leg stretch, then saw the huge rocks all over the bottom in 25 ft of water. The lunkers really seem to like those rocky areas where the current rips through. I don't troll for them, but rather toss big baits past the rocks, then rip/jerk them in... Hold on, cause those huge triploids know how to use the rocks to their advantage. I think the Mike's crawdad scent helps too. I had one bruiser actually take a 12" native trout while I was reeling it in, I could see it in it's mouth. Most of those I keep for eating/smoking were stuffed with crawdads and snails.
I caught a 32 lb Ling cod with an Orange Ruffy in its mouth the hook was in the Ling Cods lip both went into the cooler. The charter boat captain almost went over the side when he was trying to gaff the Cod.

Last Edited:
They have this *stupid* rule that if you use bait (which includes scents/powerbait), you have to count any fish released (even unharmed) as part of your 2-fish limit.
I'm not spending $100 in fuel and a 2-3 hr round trip just to catch and release 2 small fish. SO, I like to fish artificial lures so that I can release small fish and keep fishing for the lunker. The last day I was fishing solo and hooked 17 fish in a little over 2 hrs. Had I been using bait it would have been over in the first 10 min.
I did pretty good using an electric blue/metalflake 4" jerk bait. I also did very well with a crawfish crankbait. There is no "finesse" fishing for Triploids imho, they simply want to eat... A LOT! Also, my experience shows that fishing right at the pens was what you did back in the late 90's, but now the bigger fish don't just sit there waiting for pellets. A 10+ lb fish needs a lot of food, and the river is full of that food.
It's also a lot of fun just throwing stuff out there, see what the will hit. Even drifting the current lobbing a big spoon has been good IF you fish current and structure.

They have this *stupid* rule that if you use bait (which includes scents/powerbait), you have to count any fish released (even unharmed) as part of your 2-fish limit.
I'm not spending $100 in fuel and a 2-3 hr round trip just to catch and release 2 small fish. SO, I like to fish artificial lures so that I can release small fish and keep fishing for the lunker. The last day I was fishing solo and hooked 17 fish in a little over 2 hrs. Had I been using bait it would have been over in the first 10 min.
I did pretty good using an electric blue/metalflake 4" jerk bait. I also did very well with a crawfish crankbait. There is no "finesse" fishing for Triploids imho, they simply want to eat... A LOT! Also, my experience shows that fishing right at the pens was what you did back in the late 90's, but now the bigger fish don't just sit there waiting for pellets. A 10+ lb fish needs a lot of food, and the river is full of that food.
It's also a lot of fun just throwing stuff out there, see what the will hit. Even drifting the current lobbing a big spoon has been good IF you fish current and structure.
We used to match the size of the fish in the pens and catch fish that way... ;)

As a kid I lived on a saltwater bay that connected to another bay via a narrow strip of water. It looked like rapids when the tide would change and get 10-12 feet deep. We used to fly fish for cut-throat. We could wade across on some low tides.

The best story was a bad fishing day until a friend put a dandelion on his hook and fly fished. Second cast caught a cut-throat 5+ pounds. It had a small bite out of its belly long ago in its life and must have caused it to get real big. Most were 1-2 pounds of the best tasting fish ever. No limit or license back then.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top