Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

now that instant check is gone

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Just Jim, May 4, 2015.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

The approval number instant check gave you or the dealer was actually the number of guns sold up to that time of year in the state of oregon. New or used if it went through the check it was a sale. So think about how much money it is a year when they sell 200,000 guns. Every dollar spent generates 10 in the economy, that's a big chunk of money for the state.

Add to that the Pittman tax on all sporting goods to keep the wildlife up and the hunting lic and tags and you get the drift of how much money they bring in on sportsman. Boycott, just stop buying all the stuff the state is making money on. Let your voices be heard the loudest by with holding your money, tell the merchants why so they can tell the legislature. Boycott, crash em with no cash.

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I hate to say it but, like I594, 941 is going to be a big damper on the way Oregonians have been buying and selling firearms.
    I just want to give a big shout to those of you members here who laughed at Wa. when we got screwed. How does it feel?
    But to all the ones who had supported us thank you as I do support you.

BoonDocks36, 3MTA3, oknow and 2 others like this.
  3. Just Jim

Knew what was coming our way when the commies got voted in. Deal is we can all fight back if we would just sacrifice a little. Boycott all booze and give the state no more money. Money is the loudest voice any of us have. If we all make an effort then we can shut them down. Fight back in Washington too, boycott.

BoonDocks36, oknow and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

I agree that we MUST vote with our wallet.
    The last computer we bought was 4 years ago and when they go T U we will buy a Mac, no more money to Microsoft!!!!! Ef B. G.!!!!!

BoonDocks36, Benny503, 3MTA3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Just Jim

There are so many ways to stop them from getting our money, boycott by driving less so you pay less state gas tax.

BoonDocks36 and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. Caveman Jim

I already have cut down on my travels, drinking and quit smoking 3 years ago (couldn't afford it any more) bassturds use the cig taxes for people who can't afford health ins. Not that it's not a worthy cause but ALL CITIZENS should have to pay the same!!!

BoonDocks36 and Just Jim like this.
  7. Just Jim

State waste so much money it won't take long for a boycott to work.o_O

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

km

Washington screwed itself! They voted it in!
    We didn't get to vote, there is a difference.

The commies are all ready working on that, soon they will track your every move by gps and charge you by the mile!.

The only way to fix this is to vote them out and take our state back!.:mad:

9. keitha300wsm

keitha300wsm Lebanon, OR Member

Is there anyway to start a petition and get 941 on the ballot? Anyone else tired of politicians making these decisions for us because they know what is best. I'm not in the area of those recalls but I'm going to send them a $100 anyway.

BoonDocks36, Caveman Jim and orygun like this.
  10. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes, it can become a ballot initiative. It will take considerable effort and resources to make it happen. As I recall, it will require somewhere in the neighborhood of 70,000+ signatures state-wide to get it on the ballot. In addition, the ballot initiative will have to be written in such a way as to nullify SB 941 without being easily challenged in court. And, since the whole state would vote on it, perhaps a better option is to make an initiative that modifies 941 without removing it (thus making it less likely to be shot down at the election), possibly amending 941 with all of the exceptions that these d-bags completely ignored such as CHL exemptions, Class 03 FFL exemptions and the ODL felon sticker. I see a number of ways to go about this, but the process would need a couple of champions who could put in the time and effort to see it through from start to finish. I know I can't be that person, but I can certainly help.

In the short term, I'm hoping we get a recall for Brent Barton underway as he's my rep, and I hope more are coming. I'd love to see Oregon dwarf Colorado in the number of recalls of politicians that refuse to consider their electorate.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    BoonDocks36 and Guilty like this.
  11. Heywood

Heywood Prineville Oregon Well-Known Member

I personally think that not buying sporting goods and not driving would be exactly what they want. Tax or no tax. If the gun owning public were serious I would say claim 11 on your W4 and do not pay the sate for a few years. It would strangle them and if many would do it, they would not be able to go after all of them. After all, they say they do not have the resources to go after every illeagal and there are probably gun owners than illeagals in this state. At the very least, it would prove they were lying all along.

12. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

After I-594 passed in WA I started boycotting Discovery Passes, and I recommend the same to all backwoods plinkers

Caveman Jim likes this.
  13. Mountainman38

Mountainman38 Spokane Member

How does that help? Now you're just liable to get a $100 ticket for not having a Discovery Pass - unless you mean you just don't go where they are required.

decklin likes this.
  14. Just Jim

Then don't buy booze from the state liquor stores, any money that goes to them is being used to illegally take your rights. You buy or sell a gun under the new system you will make it work and be paying them to screw you.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  15. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

"Boycott, crash em with no cash"
    You're kidding right?
    Not enough votes to keep the thieves out of office.
    Not enough votes to stop the bill from passing.
    Yet you believe your going to find enough boycotting souls impact government?
    You're kidding right?
    You may impact or even destroy a business by boycott but government will just tax, fee, fine, or otherwise replace revenue lost.
    Boycotting is ineffective in controlling governmental thieves. Many taxes are for behavior modification as in smoking. Stopping smoking because of high taxes would be condoning government behavior modification programs plus condone the use of taxing to do so.
    It's not the gun applies here too!
    There are more dirty deeds being done to the citizens than 2nd amendment issues.
    The first step is to clean house. Get rid of the power tripping thieves causing the problem!

16. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

It helps by not feeding a machine that was already taking 89 cents for every dollar and spending it on pre existing State Parks and not the actual backwoods areas of which most of us shoot at. The same backwoods where you can find me transferring firearms between friends in direct violation of I-594....you can even see me holding a Sig brace on an AR pistol at 1/8 inch from my shoulder (wink wink nudge nudge). Im not going to give anything to a government leviathan that has already admitted is out to impair my inalienable right and has repeatedly shown it does not give a damn about Article 1 Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution let alone the 2nd Amendment of the BOA.

17. Just Jim

Komiefornia is being boycotted by all those leaving the state and is near financial collapse. Every time they raise taxes more people move out. Only weapon we have is the boycott, if they have no money they can't enforce the law. A boycott will work, every time they raise taxes it will piss more voters off and they will vote em out.

Common sense is not evident in most Oregon voters but they will vote their wallet. Boycott Oregon.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

When people move out of CA more take their places.

19. Just Jim

Yep, they bring in the illegals by the truck load to put on the system for the voters to pay for. They have a sales tax so you can't live without paying the government. Only fools live under their form of government in my opinion. They can't even keep the state in water with 600 miles of coast line.

20. Just Jim

Better to fight in a peaceful manner now than hurting people when confiscation comes. Registration is confiscation, you have a chance to fight back now before it comes to that. Boycott.

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.