JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been warning my Mother in Law for months to buy firearms before 1639 goes into effect. Like taking to a wall. Now she wants one. Like right NOW! Why?

There have been TWO bloody murders of homeowners by homeless people in her nice little town of Walla Walla.

Man admits to stabbing Walla Walla woman to death, says 'God told him to kill her'

Suspect in Walla Walla homicide arrested near Baker City

So what are the latest hoops to jump through? I know, safety class and 10 day waiting period for pistols and semi-auto rifles. What about pump shotguns or lever guns? Can you take those home the same day after a background check?

Can you still build your own 80% Glock in Washington?

Thanks

If she drives into OR she can buy a shotgun and take it home same day just not any simi-auto.

As I understand it all purchases in WA have to go thru the county sheriff for a BGC so there is going to be a wait no matter what you buy here.

If she drives into OR she can buy a shotgun and take it home same day just not any simi-auto.

As I understand it all purchases in WA have to go thru the county sheriff for a BGC so there is going to be a wait no matter what you buy here.

Nah, she can buy a shotgun in WA same day. Those checks are still done by NICS. The locals are only doing handguns and completed semi-auto rifles.

Gift her one of yours.

Across state lines would still need a BGC and waiting period, plus she would then have to pay taxes on the value.

Are 80% Glocks still legal to make in Washington? Her husband does a lot of wood working and should have no problem dremmeling out a polymer lower.

Across state lines would still need a BGC and waiting period, plus she would then have to pay taxes on the value.

Are 80% Glocks still legal to make in Washington? Her husband does a lot of wood working and should have no problem dremmeling out a polymer lower.
Sorry I didn't notice you were OR. 80% are still legal and owned by whoever finished it until a serial is attached which doesn't seem hard to do. If she isn't real familiar with guns just buying a compact revolver might make the most sense.

Yes, but at least one seller has stated that they won't sell the unfinished frames here past 1 July. I guess you won't be buying from Rockey Brass.

The new law on untraceable firearms says that "failure to conduct a background check" is prima facie evidence of negligence if a prohibited person makes a firearm with your "assistance" (defined as any possible way you could help). That ,"negligence" opens you up to criminal charges.

That being said, you can only do a background check on an actual firearm sale, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't survive a court challenge. You can't really define the lack of accomplishing the impossible as negligence.

Rockey Brass never replied when I asked, given the expansive definition in the law, why they thought selling an unfinished frame was a no go, but selling every other part wouldn't meet the law's definition of assistance.

Yes, but at least one seller has stated that they won't sell the unfinished frames here past 1 July. I guess you won't be buying from Rockey Brass.

The new law on untraceable firearms says that "failure to conduct a background check" is prima facie evidence of negligence if a prohibited person makes a firearm with your "assistance" (defined as any possible way you could help). That ,"negligence" opens you up to criminal charges.

That being said, you can only do a background check on an actual firearm sale, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't survive a court challenge. You can't really define the lack of accomplishing the impossible as negligence.

Rockey Brass never replied when I asked, given the expansive definition in the law, why they thought selling an unfinished frame was a no go, but selling every other part wouldn't meet the law's definition of assistance.

I wouldn't consider "Here is a YouTube video" as assistance.

Sadly this is repeated year after year. People who either just don't care, or are even anti gun. Then something happens, suddenly they "see the light". So, she can go buy a gun, yes it takes a while now, she did not care until now. If it was me? I may take one of mine with me for a visit and forget to return with it for now but, that's up to you. For now she should get started, and look for a class on how to shoot the gun she ends up with. For now she can also find a range with rentals to try different guns out while she learns.

Sadly this is repeated year after year. People who either just don't care, or are even anti gun. Then something happens, suddenly they "see the light". So, she can go buy a gun, yes it takes a while now, she did not care until now. If it was me? I may take one of mine with me for a visit and forget to return with it for now but, that's up to you. For now she should get started, and look for a class on how to shoot the gun she ends up with. For now she can also find a range with rentals to try different guns out while she learns.

Yes, she has said for years "If SHTF I will just borrow one of yours".

Sorry I didn't notice you were OR. 80% are still legal and owned by whoever finished it until a serial is attached which doesn't seem hard to do. If she isn't real familiar with guns just buying a compact revolver might make the most sense.

That was my thought too, but now there is a 10 business day waiting period.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top