JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I encourage close relatives to have their own arms, that they are comfortable with, learn the manual of those arms, practice and become comfortable and proficient...

In a SHTF situation, I'll need what I have as primary and backups... There's no excuse for not being prepared to protect yourself, loved ones and castle...

Sadly this is repeated year after year. People who either just don't care, or are even anti gun. Then something happens, suddenly they "see the light". So, she can go buy a gun, yes it takes a while now, she did not care until now. If it was me? I may take one of mine with me for a visit and forget to return with it for now but, that's up to you. For now she should get started, and look for a class on how to shoot the gun she ends up with. For now she can also find a range with rentals to try different guns out while she learns.

She won't buy in Washington because of the HIPPA and does not want to "be on a list". So I guess it is a 20 gauge pump shotgun from Oregon or Idaho.

She won't buy in Washington because of the HIPPA and does not want to "be on a list". So I guess it is a 20 gauge pump shotgun from Oregon or Idaho.
She had plenty of warning and ignored it. Her best option is to put her foil hat in the closet and tomorrow buy a small 38 and in 10 days she will be armed. Or continue to make excuses and not be armed.:)

Last Edited:

Her choice. I don't like the new laws but I also LONG ago learned to NOT share info with my Doctor that I don't want made public. In the meantime she needs to decide which worries hew more. Some scum coming into her home to cause harm, or info she chooses to share with her Doc being a problem for her.

Her choice. I don't like the new laws but I also LONG ago learned to NOT share info with my Doctor that I don't want made public. In the meantime she needs to decide which worries hew more. Some scum coming into her home to cause harm, or info she chooses to share with her Doc being a problem for her.
Yeah, I'm old with heart disease and get four checkups a year and may be dizzy but am NEVER depressed and a Viet vet that doesn't talk about dreams even though I have lately provided testimony for a man I served with to qualify for PTSD disability after he managed to retire from his government job. I go to the doctor mostly to get my meds renewed, they know that and go along now. I believe there's not much info about us that a determined search won't find so I quit worrying about it.

Last Edited:
Not many people are proactive, the vast majority are as we see every day, are reactive and that cake they must now eat

Yeah, I'm old with heart disease and get four checkups a year and may be dizzy but am NEVER depressed and a Viet vet that doesn't talk about dreams even though I have lately provided testimony for a man I served with to qualify for PTSD disability after he managed to retire from his government job. I go to the doctor mostly to get my meds renewed, they know that and go along now. I believe there's not much info about us that a determined search won't find so I quit worrying about it.

My last couple Docs have not bothered with "stupid questions" but damn if i have not heard of many who do. I have probably seen the kind of questions that could lead to more if I answered them wrong and just never paid attention. LONG ago started to warn Wife that if stuff is asked that she would not want public, don't answer.
Now of course if someone is suffering from some kind of depression, well not sure what they hell they could do. Don't want to just ignore it. Medicine has come a long way in helping. Still would need to stop and think about what the hell they are telling the medical people who are treating them. No doubt "some" of the medical pros who would share stuff probably really would think they were helping. Every damn time one of these kooks goes off with a gun seems we find out after that there was all kinds of warnings that were ignored until it was too late. So makes sense some in the medical field would feel they needed to ask. Just have to be careful what you are telling them and how it will look to others who read it later I guess?

The sigma and stereotypes surrounding depression , PTSD and mental health in general , coupled with the worry that one will be seen as a danger or have one's Rights taken away arbitrarily...
May keep those folks who need help , from getting the help and support that they need and cause more problems...

Kinda like how some gun laws , have otherwise law abiding folks , being non-compliant , which in turn creates more "criminals"...
Andy
Edit to add:
Not to forget the side effects of many of the pills and "cures" that are offered today....may also be adding to our mental health problem...

Take her down to the local gun store and get her a Ruger GP100 or a S&W 686. Something in .357 Mag.....she can shoot .38, .38+P, as well as .357 Mag.

Use the .38 for taget paractice, and +P or the Mag. for the bad guys.

I have made all my semi auto purchases before this Bulljunk law was passed and until it is changed I will buy no more.
HIPPA is something I take very seriously and it is not the business of the state to lookie-loo at my stuff after the feds have their look, just like they have been doing with my purchases for the last 25 years.

I have been warning my Mother in Law for months to buy firearms before 1639 goes into effect. Like taking to a wall. Now she wants one. Like right NOW! Why?

There have been TWO bloody murders of homeowners by homeless people in her nice little town of Walla Walla.

Man admits to stabbing Walla Walla woman to death, says 'God told him to kill her'

Suspect in Walla Walla homicide arrested near Baker City

So what are the latest hoops to jump through? I know, safety class and 10 day waiting period for pistols and semi-auto rifles. What about pump shotguns or lever guns? Can you take those home the same day after a background check?

Can you still build your own 80% Glock in Washington?

Thanks
I have been warning my Mother in Law for months to buy firearms before 1639 goes into effect. Like taking to a wall. Now she wants one. Like right NOW! Why?

There have been TWO bloody murders of homeowners by homeless people in her nice little town of Walla Walla.

Man admits to stabbing Walla Walla woman to death, says 'God told him to kill her'

So what are the latest hoops to jump through? I know, safety class and 10 day waiting period for pistols and semi-auto rifles. What about pump shotguns or lever guns? Can you take those home the same day after a background check?

Thanks

Both ran to Oregon , Who knows who you might run into at a rest stop now days.
You can get her a surplus flare gun and put a 410 / 45lc adaptor in it with no 4473
It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

Thanks

I heard of this story last night word of mouth...was shocked...then went searching on the internet...then searched the threads of NWFA...and noticed that I had not fully read the initial posting...good grief...then saw the posting of the creep that stabbed 3 people in Seattle and ran away naked...more reason to ensure that Inslee, Ferguson, et al...do not continue with public office, just don't vote for them and encourage friends and family don't vote for them...here are a couple of more articles below on what is being described as one of the most brutal murder in Walla Walla...not only concealed carry and training, but target harden one's residence...certain shotguns are fine and so are ar platform pistols built on a stripped lower...just keep it a pistol...and build it 9mm or whatever caliber your Mother in Law is comfortable with...

Thanks for the update. I have heard from my MIL current husband, who also works at Whitman College, that the scene was strewn with blood and dismembers body parts. Very gruesome.

Thanks for the update. I have heard from my MIL current husband, who also works at Whitman College, that the scene was strewn with blood and dismembers body parts. Very gruesome.

Here is write up on Kyle Martz.

Across state lines would still need a BGC and waiting period, plus she would then have to pay taxes on the value.

Are 80% Glocks still legal to make in Washington? Her husband does a lot of wood working and should have no problem dremmeling out a polymer lower.

It is probably inadvisable to use a polymer 80% lower for a self-defense gun. As for the law right now, I think the best answer to that is "maybe" -- it depends on how well the polymer used in the 80% lower shows up on xray separately from the other major components. Of course, the WA law basically mirrors the Federal law on that topic so it is really only a matter of undetectable firearm parts going from illegal to illegaler, but if she did end up using it for self-defense, it could add a layer of legal trouble. Aside from that, a pump shotgun will not get her into the state's database at this point (and if recoil is an issue, there's no law of the universe saying the gun has to be a 12 gauge).

See here:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads